Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers' Alameda Ta'amu charged with felony DUI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
I thought this thread was about Ta'amu and not the Steelers organization? Think

My gosh. Can this draft get any worse for us now? Only thing that came of it was Chris Rainey; and he hasn't done much...

Wait, whats so bad about the draft? I haven't paid attention to it since May or so but i remember everyone praising the Steelers draft, giving them A+ grades, etc..have the players really been that bad?

Aside from DeCastro, Steelers came away with a lot of big name guys overrated by the media. Some had work ethic question marks(Adams) and some were major question marks on where they fit into the scheme(Ta'amu and Spence).

I thought a lot of people were overrating their class after the draft.

DeCastro us already our best run blocker. Spence looked amazing before going down. Rainey is already getting snaps. The only real question marks of our first 5 picks are Ta'Amu who will surely be cut and Adams who can seemingly only run block...

Blaq aren't you someone who hates people putting that much stock into preseason? Wink

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
They are different. Obviously Ta'amu is much more neglegent and at fault for what he did. Have we heard what his BAC was? But Stallworth was over the limit and did kill someone and he received 30 days. Yes there were other circumstances involved but those two are the most important facts. My only argument was that the person quoted was calling for "years" which will not happen.

And I wouldn't call .12 "barely" over legal limit.

BAC was .196

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/steelers-rookie-arrested-dui-charges-car-chase-wreck-204535847--nfl.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
They are different. Obviously Ta'amu is much more neglegent and at fault for what he did. Have we heard what his BAC was? But Stallworth was over the limit and did kill someone and he received 30 days. Yes there were other circumstances involved but those two are the most important facts. My only argument was that the person quoted was calling for "years" which will not happen.

BAC was .196

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/steelers-rookie-arrested-dui-charges-car-chase-wreck-204535847--nfl.html

I think any argument for him being a victim of circumstance just went out the window with that. What a total idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

BAC was .196

Quote:
Charges against him include felony fleeing police, aggravated assault and aggravated assault by vehicle, as well as misdemeanor accident causing damage, resisting arrest, escape and DUI charges.
Yeah, this isn't going to end well for him. He'll definitely be suspended for a lengthy time. Sounds like he tried to run down some police officers. I won't be shocked with 16 games. I'd be surprised if he doesn't do some time before that, too.

Did people have any idea he'd have these types of issues before the draft? Did he have legal trouble in college?

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
I thought this thread was about Ta'amu and not the Steelers organization? Think

My gosh. Can this draft get any worse for us now? Only thing that came of it was Chris Rainey; and he hasn't done much...

Wait, whats so bad about the draft? I haven't paid attention to it since May or so but i remember everyone praising the Steelers draft, giving them A+ grades, etc..have the players really been that bad?

Aside from DeCastro, Steelers came away with a lot of big name guys overrated by the media. Some had work ethic question marks(Adams) and some were major question marks on where they fit into the scheme(Ta'amu and Spence).

I thought a lot of people were overrating their class after the draft.

DeCastro us already our best run blocker. Spence looked amazing before going down. Rainey is already getting snaps. The only real question marks of our first 5 picks are Ta'Amu who will surely be cut and Adams who can seemingly only run block...

My first 3 words were Aside from DeCastro...

And I'll believe when I see it on Spence. He's too small to play 3-4 ILB imo especially next to Lawrence Timmons.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

BAC was .196

Quote:
Charges against him include felony fleeing police, aggravated assault and aggravated assault by vehicle, as well as misdemeanor accident causing damage, resisting arrest, escape and DUI charges.
Yeah, this isn't going to end well for him. He'll definitely be suspended for a lengthy time. Sounds like he tried to run down some police officers. I won't be shocked with 16 games. I'd be surprised if he doesn't do some time before that, too.

Did people have any idea he'd have these types of issues before the draft? Did he have legal trouble in college?

I don't believe he ever did.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/alameda-taamu-arrest-details/

If that's true. Shocked

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

BAC was .196

Quote:

I don't believe he ever did.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/alameda-taamu-arrest-details/

If that's true. Shocked

The only thing I was able to find humor in throughout all this was the fact that he got punched in the face. I always enjoy it when someone gets punched in the face when they really deserve it.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernie Holmes, Gabe Rivera, Justin Strzelczyk, and now Alemeda. Am I missing anybody? These guys all went and did batty-crazy stuff in cars. Goodness. Embarassed

Thanks Lyasr 529
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
The LBC wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

BAC was .196

I think any argument for him being a victim of circumstance just went out the window with that. What a total idiot.

Has anyone argued he's a victim of circumstances?

I certainly have not.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
The LBC wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

BAC was .196

Has anyone argued he's a victim of circumstances?

I certainly have not.

I didn't mean it like that, I'm just saying it's undeniably a huge mistake of his now. Not trying to belittle anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
I didn't mean it like that, I'm just saying it's undeniably a huge mistake of his now. Not trying to belittle anyone.

No problem... just misunderstood

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think this deserves at least half a seasons' suspension tbh. I mean evading the law and doing some of the things he did can't be tolerated. I'd give him a full seasons suspension, tbh... but he has no priors while in the NFL... and that might mean a full season is too much. Especially since the precedent it could set would be incredibly stiff... and that's not always a good thing.

But really, since he'll probably appeal his suspension anyway, perhaps suspending him for 10 games which could drop down to... 6-8 with good behavior... might be a better way to go.

Either way, Goodell needs to send a message to the players that stupidity of this magnitude can't be tolerated.

This is honestly embarrassing to me... and I'm not even a fan of the Steelers nor a player in the NFL. This isn't like some of the incidents we've seen in the past where it's his word vs another person's word (domestic squabbles/fights with other people), we're talking about evasion of the law and destruction of public property... in addition to the initial crime. The initial crime would've been like "whatevs" probably a 5k fine, no games missed... no media waves at all. But this is just... Not talking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is 0.2 even that drunk? He probably was on some drug as well.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notmyfault wrote:

um...
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Notmyfault wrote:

um...

lol... yes. 0.08 is the legal limit. 0.05 is considered to be impaired and your vision and depth perception can be affected.

So yes... 0.2 is very very drunk!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: