Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Electronic Cigarettes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opeth0500

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Electronic Cigarettes Reply with quote

I've been smoking since I was 15 and am now 25 and really want to quit, but its just not that easy. Has anyone tried these? If so how are they? Do they give you the same feeling of smoking a real cig?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worked for me. they gave me something to do instead of going and having a cigarette. and when you crave one it helps enough that, with combined with self control, help you not get another pack of cigarettes.

but they are awful. they taste nothing like a cigarette. maybe menthol is different...if your into that kind of thing...but the full flavor sucked. one tasted like caramel. it didnt really hit like a cigarette either. but of course thats the brand i got, maybe other ones are closer to the real thing.

o and another thing is that the smoke was real thick, so it was real easy to do a ghost or french inhale.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
worked for me. they gave me something to do instead of going and having a cigarette. and when you crave one it helps enough that, with combined with self control, help you not get another pack of cigarettes.

but they are awful. they taste nothing like a cigarette. maybe menthol is different...if your into that kind of thing...but the full flavor sucked. one tasted like caramel. it didnt really hit like a cigarette either. but of course thats the brand i got, maybe other ones are closer to the real thing.

o and another thing is that the smoke was real thick, so it was real easy to do a ghost or french inhale.

Confused you smokers are weird
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They made me smoke more. Laughing Smoke 'em anywhere? Don't mind if I do. They're even worse at the bar.

I liked it overall, though. I can see how they'd make weening yourself from smoking easier. If I remember correctly, they make ones with varying degrees of nicotine, so you can gradually lessen it.

...and that was a couple years ago. I'm sure they're even better now. I've been thinking about switching back to 'em, honestly.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They helped me quit. If you are really trying to quit, then it will help as it is a good in between step for going cold turkey. But is you are expecting electronic to be the same as regular from the start-no.

You will barely get a hit like a reg. Electronic will help take the edge off. And as said above the big issue is that you can smoke anywhere. So you have to limit yourself to smoke breaks like you did with reg cigs. DON'T just walk around all day taking hits from it. You won't do yourself any good.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a patient puffing on one in the cancer center the other day. I thought it was a great idea. Asked if it helped. He said it did. Combined with the patch he said he was doing pretty well. Of course, having cancer will motivate a lot of people to finally quit. Though not all. I see people being treated for lung cancer come in all the time with packs of smokes in their shirt pocket. Or smelling like smoke. It is what it is.

CK on the sig
FlyLikeAJet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it once, just didnt hit the same. The smoke felt "light" and the drag levels were off. Still Camel Menthols >

Gmen4ev wrote:

No man should be able to consume the amount of alcohol you do ... therefor you must be an alien
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother is 53 and has smoked for close to 40 years. In March she decided to try one of these E cigarettes and they've worked wonders for her. She has only had 2 puffs of a real cigarette since. Good luck to you in quitting smoking, it's not easy to give up but you can do it.
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because I'm not a smoker, but I smoked ecigs for a good month last year. It was kinda calming, and it was a gag gift. But once I ran out, I didn't buy more.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Saw a patient puffing on one in the cancer center the other day. I thought it was a great idea. Asked if it helped. He said it did. Combined with the patch he said he was doing pretty well. Of course, having cancer will motivate a lot of people to finally quit. Though not all. I see people being treated for lung cancer come in all the time with packs of smokes in their shirt pocket. Or smelling like smoke. It is what it is.

mess up stuff. my grandpa would actually take a puff off a cig then take his inhale of oxygen.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
x0x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a former smoker, if you actually want to quit, step up and quit.

Some have quit heroin cold turkey but you guys can't quit tobacco?

Electric cigarettes are for those who don't want to freeze their [inappropriate/removed] in the winter months.

As for the OP, why were you smoking at 15? In Canada it's 19 to buy smokes and cops will confiscate your smokes if they suspect you are under (rarely happens though)

I grew up when the age was 16 and then 18.

I smoked from 19-22 and didn't officially quit cigarettes until 24.

I don't even smoke cigars that often anymore.

I suggest taking up cooking and eating delicious food! Helped me Smile The money I saved I spent on more expensive food and gas haha
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

Electric cigarettes are for those who don't want to freeze their [inappropriate/removed] in the winter months.

As for the OP, why were you smoking at 15? In Canada it's 19 to buy smokes and cops will confiscate your smokes if they suspect you are under (rarely happens though)

I suggest taking up cooking and eating delicious food! Helped me Smile The money I saved I spent on more expensive food and gas haha

Your empathy is overwhelming.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
x0x wrote:

I tend to ignore his posts. They're mostly always this condescending.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
x0x wrote:

Near half my friends are smokers. Do some of them want to quit? Yeah, but most of them have accepted they LIKE IT TOO MUCH.

And that's what it comes down to.

Nicotine is addictive but so is watching football.

Just One Link.

As a High School teacher, I have to deal with young smokers on school property all the time. Where do they get their smokes? Most of the time it's their parents. Other times it's an older sibling.

Fact is, there's a reason most smokers are the youth.

In Canada right now we're pretty stable at roughly 20% smoking population (though I've seen as low as 17%). Of those, 22% are 24 or younger.

Frankly, if all these younger kids smoked e-cigs, I'd be a hell of a lot happier, but as it is my opinion is you replace the oral fixation ( because I had it too ) with a non-tobacco product.

Honestly, I find spicy food works best.
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love e cigs. I got a couple box mods and a silver bullet. I vape a lot. I probably have about 800 mls of juice on hand. lol On the plus side I don't smoke anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: