Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers CB Aqib Talib has been suspended for 4 games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejedi41 wrote:
I honestly think he will be traded. The deadline is in less than 2 weeks if there are any takers, I think we pull the trigger! I think we could get a 3rd or a 4th rounder for him no?

Idk. Maybe a 4th. But a 1st and 2nd day pick are out of the question. Jets got Holmes for a 4th bc of his off the field issues and he's a better player who had less trouble than Talib.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
thejedi41 wrote:
I honestly think he will be traded. The deadline is in less than 2 weeks if there are any takers, I think we pull the trigger! I think we could get a 3rd or a 4th rounder for him no?

Idk. Maybe a 4th. But a 1st and 2nd day pick are out of the question. Jets got Holmes for a 4th bc of his off the field issues and he's a better player who had less trouble than Talib.

Jets got Holmes for a 5th, and I agree he was a better gamble than Talib. Holmes was a troubled guy playing great football, Talib is a troubled guy who has been struggling for quite some time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejedi41 wrote:

3rd or 4th?

Pass me what ever you're smoking...
yep get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
thejedi41 wrote:

Jets got Holmes for a 5th, and I agree he was a better gamble than Talib. Holmes was a troubled guy playing great football, Talib is a troubled guy who has been struggling for quite some time.

I agree with you, but to play devil's advocate, Talib is a very physically talented corner, which is a position of greater value in the NFL than WR.

It wouldn't shock me to see the Jets or another CB needy team pull the trigger on him. Maybe even Washington.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy but I think he stays a buc...Schiano has said he's committed to doing what's "best for the team"

Talib has really turned it around. I dont excuse him for not getting a prescription, but it isnt like it's something out of this world(dont want to get into drug talk)

All this did was make it easier to re-sign him IMO. We can get him on the cheap, get a first round CB, and now our secondary looks great

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Call me crazy but I think he stays a buc...Schiano has said he's committed to doing what's "best for the team"

Talib has really turned it around. I dont excuse him for not getting a prescription, but it isnt like it's something out of this world(dont want to get into drug talk)

All this did was make it easier to re-sign him IMO. We can get him on the cheap, get a first round CB, and now our secondary looks great

I'll Call ya crazy is right. It's not just about "it gives us an upper hand in negotiations." You cannot trust Talib. He's spurned this team every year since he's been in the league with trouble.

Is adderal a bad drug? No. Is it illegal without prescription? Yes. Notice he didn't even fight it. He broke the rules. Plain and simple.

He won't be back because of the lack of accountability. See how we have to scurry for CB depth now that this happened the day before a game? You want to keep wondering day after day whether or not Talib gets in trouble AGAIN!

He's gone. Maybe not this season, but next year.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
thejedi41 wrote:

I agree with you, but to play devil's advocate, Talib is a very physically talented corner, which is a position of greater value in the NFL than WR.

It wouldn't shock me to see the Jets or another CB needy team pull the trigger on him. Maybe even Washington.

Talib has been burned in the Carolina, Washington, and NYG game. He's been awful. It's his 5th year in the league. He also looked awful last year as well. It's time to admit, stupidity and lack of quality play from Talib. He's not a top CB in this league.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

I'll Call ya crazy is right. It's not just about "it gives us an upper hand in negotiations." You cannot trust Talib. He's spurned this team every year since he's been in the league with trouble.

Is adderal a bad drug? No. Is it illegal without prescription? Yes. Notice he didn't even fight it. He broke the rules. Plain and simple.

He won't be back because of the lack of accountability. See how we have to scurry for CB depth now that this happened the day before a game? You want to keep wondering day after day whether or not Talib gets in trouble AGAIN!

He's gone. Maybe not this season, but next year.

Your opinion, I think he'll stay....it's just an opinion...

You bring up valid points, and there's no way to disagree with them. I just personally think he sticks around.

and you beat "trusting" Talib by building stipulations into his contract. If he misses any game not due to injury, then you take away all guarenteed money. It's accouting 101. It's funny im in an a class right now dealing with financing and contracts. So to me you load this contract up with incentives and alot of rules. He pans out, then you have a CB that can be one of the best in the leagues at times. If he doesnt, you have it so that his guarenteed money disappears.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejedi41 wrote:

I don't agree with trading someone at their lowest value that we could get for him but if Schiano thinks he's bringing the team down and would be better off without him then i'm fine with it
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talib was anything but awful last year. He was statistically a top 10 CB in regards to completion percentage, yards, and passer rating.

This year, Laughing. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'd surmise that he's among the worst in the league.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Talib was anything but awful last year. He was statistically a top 10 CB in regards to completion percentage, yards, and passer rating.

This year, Laughing. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'd surmise that he's among the worst in the league.

Honestly I haven't seen anything that warrants me to label Talib as a #1 cb. He's shown flashes but as a 5th year cb we should be saying more consistant good and not bad play. He didn't impress last year at all as our hole defense got burned.

Injuries off field issues and inconsistent play. I think it's easy to move on from him.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

Seriously? I didn't think he was that good but its hard to single out 1 good defense player last year when that whole team was a joke. Share those metrics.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Seriously? I didn't think he was that good but its hard to single out 1 good defense player last year when that whole team was a joke. Share those metrics.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2011

He ranked 7th in yards allowed/pass and 11th in success rate last year.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
indifference wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2011

He ranked 7th in yards allowed/pass and 11th in success rate last year.

Hm, then how come he was getting abused by New York, Carolina, and Washington? Louis Murphy absolutely shredded him for almost 100 yds on 3 catches i think it was?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Yep. He also didn't play a full season. When teams threw on our defense, he wasn't great but wasn't terrible. He was around average. Many make him out to believe he's this top CB in the league. He ranks in the low-2nd tier in my opinion. A solid #2 to a #1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: