Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers CB Aqib Talib has been suspended for 4 games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8229
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejedi41 wrote:
I honestly think he will be traded. The deadline is in less than 2 weeks if there are any takers, I think we pull the trigger! I think we could get a 3rd or a 4th rounder for him no?


Idk. Maybe a 4th. But a 1st and 2nd day pick are out of the question. Jets got Holmes for a 4th bc of his off the field issues and he's a better player who had less trouble than Talib.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13768
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
thejedi41 wrote:
I honestly think he will be traded. The deadline is in less than 2 weeks if there are any takers, I think we pull the trigger! I think we could get a 3rd or a 4th rounder for him no?


Idk. Maybe a 4th. But a 1st and 2nd day pick are out of the question. Jets got Holmes for a 4th bc of his off the field issues and he's a better player who had less trouble than Talib.


Jets got Holmes for a 5th, and I agree he was a better gamble than Talib. Holmes was a troubled guy playing great football, Talib is a troubled guy who has been struggling for quite some time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3472
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejedi41 wrote:
I honestly think he will be traded. The deadline is in less than 2 weeks if there are any takers, I think we pull the trigger! I think we could get a 3rd or a 4th rounder for him no?

3rd or 4th?

Pass me what ever you're smoking...
_________________
yep get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4233
Location: PA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
thejedi41 wrote:
I honestly think he will be traded. The deadline is in less than 2 weeks if there are any takers, I think we pull the trigger! I think we could get a 3rd or a 4th rounder for him no?


Idk. Maybe a 4th. But a 1st and 2nd day pick are out of the question. Jets got Holmes for a 4th bc of his off the field issues and he's a better player who had less trouble than Talib.


Jets got Holmes for a 5th, and I agree he was a better gamble than Talib. Holmes was a troubled guy playing great football, Talib is a troubled guy who has been struggling for quite some time.


I agree with you, but to play devil's advocate, Talib is a very physically talented corner, which is a position of greater value in the NFL than WR.

It wouldn't shock me to see the Jets or another CB needy team pull the trigger on him. Maybe even Washington.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 14007
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy but I think he stays a buc...Schiano has said he's committed to doing what's "best for the team"

Talib has really turned it around. I dont excuse him for not getting a prescription, but it isnt like it's something out of this world(dont want to get into drug talk)

All this did was make it easier to re-sign him IMO. We can get him on the cheap, get a first round CB, and now our secondary looks great
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8229
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Call me crazy but I think he stays a buc...Schiano has said he's committed to doing what's "best for the team"

Talib has really turned it around. I dont excuse him for not getting a prescription, but it isnt like it's something out of this world(dont want to get into drug talk)

All this did was make it easier to re-sign him IMO. We can get him on the cheap, get a first round CB, and now our secondary looks great


I'll Call ya crazy is right. It's not just about "it gives us an upper hand in negotiations." You cannot trust Talib. He's spurned this team every year since he's been in the league with trouble.

Is adderal a bad drug? No. Is it illegal without prescription? Yes. Notice he didn't even fight it. He broke the rules. Plain and simple.

He won't be back because of the lack of accountability. See how we have to scurry for CB depth now that this happened the day before a game? You want to keep wondering day after day whether or not Talib gets in trouble AGAIN!

He's gone. Maybe not this season, but next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8229
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
thejedi41 wrote:
I honestly think he will be traded. The deadline is in less than 2 weeks if there are any takers, I think we pull the trigger! I think we could get a 3rd or a 4th rounder for him no?


Idk. Maybe a 4th. But a 1st and 2nd day pick are out of the question. Jets got Holmes for a 4th bc of his off the field issues and he's a better player who had less trouble than Talib.


Jets got Holmes for a 5th, and I agree he was a better gamble than Talib. Holmes was a troubled guy playing great football, Talib is a troubled guy who has been struggling for quite some time.


I agree with you, but to play devil's advocate, Talib is a very physically talented corner, which is a position of greater value in the NFL than WR.

It wouldn't shock me to see the Jets or another CB needy team pull the trigger on him. Maybe even Washington.


Talib has been burned in the Carolina, Washington, and NYG game. He's been awful. It's his 5th year in the league. He also looked awful last year as well. It's time to admit, stupidity and lack of quality play from Talib. He's not a top CB in this league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 14007
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
Call me crazy but I think he stays a buc...Schiano has said he's committed to doing what's "best for the team"

Talib has really turned it around. I dont excuse him for not getting a prescription, but it isnt like it's something out of this world(dont want to get into drug talk)

All this did was make it easier to re-sign him IMO. We can get him on the cheap, get a first round CB, and now our secondary looks great


I'll Call ya crazy is right. It's not just about "it gives us an upper hand in negotiations." You cannot trust Talib. He's spurned this team every year since he's been in the league with trouble.

Is adderal a bad drug? No. Is it illegal without prescription? Yes. Notice he didn't even fight it. He broke the rules. Plain and simple.

He won't be back because of the lack of accountability. See how we have to scurry for CB depth now that this happened the day before a game? You want to keep wondering day after day whether or not Talib gets in trouble AGAIN!

He's gone. Maybe not this season, but next year.


Your opinion, I think he'll stay....it's just an opinion...

You bring up valid points, and there's no way to disagree with them. I just personally think he sticks around.

and you beat "trusting" Talib by building stipulations into his contract. If he misses any game not due to injury, then you take away all guarenteed money. It's accouting 101. It's funny im in an a class right now dealing with financing and contracts. So to me you load this contract up with incentives and alot of rules. He pans out, then you have a CB that can be one of the best in the leagues at times. If he doesnt, you have it so that his guarenteed money disappears.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5676
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejedi41 wrote:
I honestly think he will be traded. The deadline is in less than 2 weeks if there are any takers, I think we pull the trigger! I think we could get a 3rd or a 4th rounder for him no?


I don't agree with trading someone at their lowest value that we could get for him but if Schiano thinks he's bringing the team down and would be better off without him then i'm fine with it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 28987
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talib was anything but awful last year. He was statistically a top 10 CB in regards to completion percentage, yards, and passer rating.

This year, Laughing. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'd surmise that he's among the worst in the league.
_________________
Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 80 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8229
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Talib was anything but awful last year. He was statistically a top 10 CB in regards to completion percentage, yards, and passer rating.

This year, Laughing. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'd surmise that he's among the worst in the league.


Honestly I haven't seen anything that warrants me to label Talib as a #1 cb. He's shown flashes but as a 5th year cb we should be saying more consistant good and not bad play. He didn't impress last year at all as our hole defense got burned.

Injuries off field issues and inconsistent play. I think it's easy to move on from him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1909
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Talib was anything but awful last year. He was statistically a top 10 CB in regards to completion percentage, yards, and passer rating.

This year, Laughing. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'd surmise that he's among the worst in the league.
Seriously? I didn't think he was that good but its hard to single out 1 good defense player last year when that whole team was a joke. Share those metrics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9117
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Talib was anything but awful last year. He was statistically a top 10 CB in regards to completion percentage, yards, and passer rating.

This year, Laughing. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'd surmise that he's among the worst in the league.
Seriously? I didn't think he was that good but its hard to single out 1 good defense player last year when that whole team was a joke. Share those metrics.


http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2011

He ranked 7th in yards allowed/pass and 11th in success rate last year.
_________________


Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8229
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
indifference wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Talib was anything but awful last year. He was statistically a top 10 CB in regards to completion percentage, yards, and passer rating.

This year, Laughing. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'd surmise that he's among the worst in the league.
Seriously? I didn't think he was that good but its hard to single out 1 good defense player last year when that whole team was a joke. Share those metrics.


http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2011

He ranked 7th in yards allowed/pass and 11th in success rate last year.


Hm, then how come he was getting abused by New York, Carolina, and Washington? Louis Murphy absolutely shredded him for almost 100 yds on 3 catches i think it was?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8229
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Talib was anything but awful last year. He was statistically a top 10 CB in regards to completion percentage, yards, and passer rating.

This year, Laughing. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'd surmise that he's among the worst in the league.
Seriously? I didn't think he was that good but its hard to single out 1 good defense player last year when that whole team was a joke. Share those metrics.


Yep. He also didn't play a full season. When teams threw on our defense, he wasn't great but wasn't terrible. He was around average. Many make him out to believe he's this top CB in the league. He ranks in the low-2nd tier in my opinion. A solid #2 to a #1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group