Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers CB Aqib Talib has been suspended for 4 games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
It's not like our pass defense can get much worse. I mean, he didn't have a ton of interceptions and he was burned just as regularly as anybody else in our secondary.

I don't understand how he went from borderline elite to garbage. It blows my mind. It was easier to forgive him when was making plays. Now?.. Confused

It can and has gotten worse without Talib.

You guys can act like it's no big deal, but part of the reason the Giants put up so many yards was because Eric Wright was out for half the game. Things fell apart without an OK at best #2 corner. They'll be very bad without our #1 guy, whether he was playing poorly or not. Brandon McDonald and Biggers aren't comparable to Talib.

Luckily this week it shouldn't be so bad, but after that it will hurt.

Didn't Eli have half his yards against us in the first half? He had three picks, yes. But didn't he have over 200 yards in the first half?

Talib's been burnt toast this year. I dunno what the hell it is that's wrong with him, but every team we've faced has completed passes anywhere and everywhere on the field against us. I don't wanna look at the advanced stats but I bet Talib alone has given up well over 400 yards and a couple touchdowns already this year.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
It's not like our pass defense can get much worse. I mean, he didn't have a ton of interceptions and he was burned just as regularly as anybody else in our secondary.

I don't understand how he went from borderline elite to garbage. It blows my mind. It was easier to forgive him when was making plays. Now?.. Confused

It can and has gotten worse without Talib.

You guys can act like it's no big deal, but part of the reason the Giants put up so many yards was because Eric Wright was out for half the game. Things fell apart without an OK at best #2 corner. They'll be very bad without our #1 guy, whether he was playing poorly or not. Brandon McDonald and Biggers aren't comparable to Talib.

Luckily this week it shouldn't be so bad, but after that it will hurt.

Didn't Eli have half his yards against us in the first half? He had three picks, yes. But didn't he have over 200 yards in the first half?

Talib's been burnt toast this year. I dunno what the hell it is that's wrong with him, but every team we've faced has completed passes anywhere and everywhere on the field against us. I don't wanna look at the advanced stats but I bet Talib alone has given up well over 400 yards and a couple touchdowns already this year.

He's definitely been bad, but he's our #1 guy for a reason. He'll be missed, I'm sure.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether he's our number 1 guy or not he's burned our entire team AGAIN with his selfishness and stupidity. Schiano gave him a fresh start and he still burned him. He should be cut with his history. 5 years in the league and not matured.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Whether he's our number 1 guy or not he's burned our entire team AGAIN with his selfishness and stupidity. Schiano gave him a fresh start and he still burned him. He should be cut with his history. 5 years in the league and not matured.

Was he on track to be resigned, anyway? Isn't this a contract year? I think most of us are picturing us drafting a CB in round 1 at this point.

My point is, yeah, he probably should be cut. But maybe we just let him walk after this season.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily this CB is class is loaded with talent. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting 2 CBs in the first 3 or 4 rounds. We clearly can't depend on Talib. With Mark Barron looking like the only DB on the roster that we can build around the secondary needs to be retooled and rebuilt.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Luckily this CB is class is loaded with talent. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting 2 CBs in the first 3 or 4 rounds. We clearly can't depend on Talib. With Mark Barron looking like the only DB on the roster that we can build around the secondary needs to be retooled and rebuilt.

But DRD, what if we need a QB? lol
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

But DRD, what if we need a QB? lol

We don't.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see what we can get for him in a trade

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:

I'd take an order of 50 wings and a 24 pack of beer.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Make that two cases of beer and you got yourself a deal.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Make that two cases of beer and you got yourself a deal.

DEAL
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
The defense needs a little bit more star power. I like Barron, McCoy, David, and Foster. AC and Bowers can be great too but after big injuries who knows if they are the same. I wouldn't mind doubling up on CB's next year and a DE. Although I do think the offense is missing a middle presence so a TE could go high on priority list as well.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

No freaking way! Who ever gives up the 50 wings and beer would be getting robbed bad! If we can manage to get that, it would be a steal no doubt
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I could care less if Talib is on the roster in 2013 or not.
He actually started declining 2nd half of last season, it just was not that noticeable because everyone ran the ball on us so much.

Now that teams pass more against us, he flat out sucks, gets burned and holds or interferes.

And trade value? He is not even worth a supplementary 7th...
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
thejedi41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think he will be traded. The deadline is in less than 2 weeks if there are any takers, I think we pull the trigger! I think we could get a 3rd or a 4th rounder for him no?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: