Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers CB Aqib Talib has been suspended for 4 games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I disagree, focus is much more important than explosiveness in pro sports. Everybody's fast, the difference between the all pros and the run of the mill starters is usually how they hone their craft. Their focus.

That's true.

Frankly, I don't see players choosing between one or the other, though. Why not pop both, then just blame the Adderall if you test positive? A lot of fans don't look at it as a "real" PED so it doesn't carry near the stigma of testing positive for traditional 'roids. It's a way for the athlete to play both angles, and save some face if they get caught.

The league still can't test for HGH accurately because the testing window is obscenely small (I could take HGH at bedtime and test negative by breakfast). It wouldn't surprise me if at least some of these positive tests really were Adderall, some were excuses to cover for steroid usage, and some cases where the dude was on both.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
Why are you guys assuming Talib is telling the truth? Players can make up whatever they want since the NFL will never tell us what substance he really took.

It just seems like EVERY player that gets suspended for failing these tests blames adderall. That excuse is getting old. Players should know by now that you need league approval for that stuff. Not saying he's lying, but its getting harder to believe the adderall excuse.

Yep. Its getting pretty obvious at this point that all these "adderall" suspensions aren't for adderall.

I'd guess he was masking steroid use, but nothing about his career suggests he'd care enough to make the effort.

Seeing as how Talib hasn't had a good season or looked particularly fast or strong, I'm going to say he likely wasn't using steroids.

I'm not defending him, just saying that outside of expecting the worst from him there's no real reason to think it was steroids.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, with New Orleans coming up too, not good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: