Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Vick beyond the 2012 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhiCelek87 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
It has been forever since I have posted in this forum but some of the ignorance is just astounding.

I've never been the biggest Mike Vick fan but if you don't think he is a quality NFL starting QB you are retarded.

No, he can't read a defense particularly great and has poor pocket presence at times. But the fact people are nailing him to the wall for this past season is a joke. No QB in the NFL could've done anything with what we put forth as far as an o-line. Just pathetic all-around. Combine that a defense that couldn't get a stop and running an offense that caters to none of Vick's strengths and you have a recipe for failure. Andy Reid is a stubborn mule. Vick had no business dropping back and passing 60 times in game. That is just preposterous, Vick will never be your traditional drop-back QB nor should he be.

Chip Kelly can bring an offense to the table that Vick could excel in. Look at what Shanny did for RG3. Dumbed down all the reads and let him use his athleticism. Are people on here so big-headed that they don't think Vick can run an offense similar to that? You are all sold on Nick Foles? Really?

Also, I'm tired of the "well Vick will get injured". He was the toughest guy in an Eagles jersey this season. And hell, he lasted a lot longer than Foles did playing QB behind that crock of crap of an o-line.

Personally, I don't care for Vick and I hate his contract like everyone else but I would love to see him get the starting job this season.

What do we have to lose?

If he bombs, you cut ties with him and move on with Foles. Why not see what a new HC can do with him in the right offense? If people think the Eagles are going to magically become a winning team with Foles at the helm this year.... wow, you are sadly mistaken.

The difference with RG3 and Vick is that Vick will be 33 years old for 2013. He's not the spring chicken RG3 is.

And blaming him for 2012 may be one thing, but how do you account for his horrible 2011 season? He got his huge deal, and has failed to produce adequate numbers and wins since then (with a healthy O-line in 2011 and a dominant RB in Shady that year).

But again, even though I want no part of him moving forward, I have conceded in the past that I have no clue what Chip really thinks. Maybe we keep him on a restructured deal, but I won't be happy about it.

RG3 is light year's beyond Vick as a passer...

In what way?

Please tell.

Accuracy wise he is better but outside of that he has proven nothing as a passer.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
birdman0069

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the fact that a guy that has never even been a lowly water boy at the NFL level provokes so much faith in the fans that they take a leap of faith on a below average player. Going with Vick, as the starter, is a bigger risk then going with Kelly, As a head coach, and the outcome will likely be the same for both guys when all is said and done.
Kelly is already starting at a disadvantage, IMO, and people want him to tie his cart to Vick? Really? Does that remotely sound like something a genius would do?
It's not just about winning games next season. It's also about winning games 3,4,5 years down the road.

The only real reason to keep Vick as opposed to going with a young guy is, you think you have a chance to make a playoff run now. That's the only reason to stunt the growth of a young QB. Big surprise, this team is 3 years away from making a playoff run and in 3 years Vick is an old man in football years. Retooling, rebuilding, it makes no difference what you call it.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
I love the fact that a guy that has never even been a lowly water boy at the NFL level provokes so much faith in the fans that they take a leap of faith on a below average player. Going with Vick, as the starter, is a bigger risk then going with Kelly, As a head coach, and the outcome will likely be the same for both guys when all is said and done.
Kelly is already starting at a disadvantage, IMO, and people want him to tie his cart to Vick? Really? Does that remotely sound like something a genius would do?
It's not just about winning games next season. It's also about winning games 3,4,5 years down the road.

The only real reason to keep Vick as opposed to going with a young guy is, you think you have a chance to make a playoff run now. That's the only reason to stunt the growth of a young QB. Big surprise, this team is 3 years away from making a playoff run and in 3 years Vick is an old man in football years. Retooling, rebuilding, it makes no difference what you call it.

And you were HC of what team again?

But I agree with some of your post. You have to determine what you want for this team. Personally, I think they are just a consistent QB away from being contenders. Perhaps I'm wrong and overrating some of our talent elsewhere on the team.

Foles is going to take his lumps, and hasn't really proven anything. He may very well be the answer for the future, he may not. If you go with him and a traditional offense you are building for the future. If you go with Vick you think the team can be competitive today. Frankly, I'd rather see the Eagles attempt the latter.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
SiLo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get how we go from Championship contender to rebuilding just because we lost our HC.

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:
I don't get how we go from Championship contender to rebuilding just because we lost our HC.

The fact that we wen't 4-12 and don't have a defense doesn't scream rebuild?

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
SiLo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
SiLo wrote:

No, but I always didn't watch a game after week 2. Our coaching staff was terrible and Andy was in quit mode. I don't wanna blow up this team so fast.

Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
SiLo wrote:

No, but I always didn't watch a game after week 2. Our coaching staff was terrible and Andy was in quit mode. I don't wanna blow up this team so fast.

We wont necessarily be blowing up the team. The offense is basically done sans QB/the position on the O-Line next to Todd

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
birdman0069

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:

The only people that said we were a Championship caliber team was the main stream media and Vince Young. I recommend you stop listening to the media.
This defense has been getting progressively worse for the last 4 years. A collection of high priced/over paid free agents does not make us any good.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
SiLo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
SiLo wrote:

The only people that said we were a Championship caliber team was the main stream media and Vince Young. I recommend you stop listening to the media.
This defense has been getting progressively worse for the last 4 years. A collection of high priced/over paid free agents does not make us any good.

But we do have talent, regardless of our record.

PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
PhiCelek87 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
It has been forever since I have posted in this forum but some of the ignorance is just astounding.

I've never been the biggest Mike Vick fan but if you don't think he is a quality NFL starting QB you are retarded.

No, he can't read a defense particularly great and has poor pocket presence at times. But the fact people are nailing him to the wall for this past season is a joke. No QB in the NFL could've done anything with what we put forth as far as an o-line. Just pathetic all-around. Combine that a defense that couldn't get a stop and running an offense that caters to none of Vick's strengths and you have a recipe for failure. Andy Reid is a stubborn mule. Vick had no business dropping back and passing 60 times in game. That is just preposterous, Vick will never be your traditional drop-back QB nor should he be.

Chip Kelly can bring an offense to the table that Vick could excel in. Look at what Shanny did for RG3. Dumbed down all the reads and let him use his athleticism. Are people on here so big-headed that they don't think Vick can run an offense similar to that? You are all sold on Nick Foles? Really?

Also, I'm tired of the "well Vick will get injured". He was the toughest guy in an Eagles jersey this season. And hell, he lasted a lot longer than Foles did playing QB behind that crock of crap of an o-line.

Personally, I don't care for Vick and I hate his contract like everyone else but I would love to see him get the starting job this season.

What do we have to lose?

If he bombs, you cut ties with him and move on with Foles. Why not see what a new HC can do with him in the right offense? If people think the Eagles are going to magically become a winning team with Foles at the helm this year.... wow, you are sadly mistaken.

The difference with RG3 and Vick is that Vick will be 33 years old for 2013. He's not the spring chicken RG3 is.

And blaming him for 2012 may be one thing, but how do you account for his horrible 2011 season? He got his huge deal, and has failed to produce adequate numbers and wins since then (with a healthy O-line in 2011 and a dominant RB in Shady that year).

But again, even though I want no part of him moving forward, I have conceded in the past that I have no clue what Chip really thinks. Maybe we keep him on a restructured deal, but I won't be happy about it.

RG3 is light year's beyond Vick as a passer...

In what way?

Please tell.

Accuracy wise he is better but outside of that he has proven nothing as a passer.

Griffin's one season is better than any single season in Vick's entire career.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
SiLo wrote:

But we do have talent, regardless of our record.

Wrong. Heading into the season we all thought that the Eagles were one of the most talented teams in the league, in fact most people thought this including non-Eagles fans. After this season it's apparent though that we aren't as talented as was previously thought. You just can't say your team is talented when you suck at nearly every phase of the game. Our defensive line is not talented because they failed to produce pressure all year or make an impact, our secondary sucks because Nnamdi clearly is a shell of his former-self and DRC just wasn't that good to begin with. I could keep going but you get the point, I agree that nothing should have changed just from getting new coach but heading into last season we thought we were a very talented team. Fact of the matter is we're probably one of the less talented teams in the NFL right now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/\ This just in:

Every team in the NFL is talented. The ones that are successful check their talent at the door and play team football.

The ultimate problem with this team is its culture. The big-name, "talented" vanity players don't know how to put the team before their over-inflated egos. They've proven that on numerous occasions by telling reporters "we think we're more talented than our record shows." And it's not just one guy saying it - so you get the feeling that it's this common belief on the roster - they're all oblivious to the reality that talent doesn't win football games, teams do. Hopefully Chip Kelly will change this primadonna, marshmallow muscle culture so they can STFU and either execute, or don't, but either way stop talking about their petty talent. Pray

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2107/michael-vick
Quote:
According to CBS, new Eagles coach Chip Kelly "likes the idea" of keeping Michael Vick at a reduced salary, but "genuinely doesn't know" what he has in him.
Quote:
Per a "person familiar with the Eagles' thinking," Kelly believes Vick remains "more than a viable thrower," but is spooked by his injury history and turnover rate. All of this is predictable, but what isn't is Vick's amenability to a pay-cut. The Eagles have cap space to spare, but the movement to keep Vick won't get far if he's unwilling to take a dramatic reduction in his $15.5 million salary.
Really? Laughing
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Chip doesn't want to start pulling the trigger on things without even knowing what he has.

He's probably going hard in the film room and meeting with players every day.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
SiLo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one really knows what Vick has left. It's a coin toss without beig able to step on a field.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 53 of 55

Jump to: