Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Vick beyond the 2012 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Ok now we are all on one accord for the end of this year at least.

There is NO reason to play Vick the rest of the season. It hurts both Vick individually as well as the Eagles as a team

The Eagles need to see what they have in Foles. And if they don't see a lot, then the next coach may even decide to bring Vick back until he gets his own guy of the future and use Vick until they develop a QB of the future other than Foles
Looks like you're going to be hyping up Vick on some other team's forum next year TBH. Thanks for all of the positive reinforcement over the past two-three seasons BBIB.

Well Vick will always be my favorite player but I kind of feel like I"ll always be a fan of the Eagles because they gave Vick a 2nd chance

That's why I want you guys to get that stud OT out of Texas A&M. But only way you can get him is if you lose out

And Vick coming back hurts those chances significantly.

But if you get Luke Football out of Texas A&M, along with Jason Peters, Herremans, and Kelce, again Vick or no Vick all of a sudden one of the weakest units in the entire NFL at any position becomes a strength

And then with a new coaching staff that's far less stubborn than the current one at playcalling and we're talking about a Jim Harbauagh 49ers type turnaround

Heck a Greg Schiano in Tampa Bay type turnaround ( I still think Bucs can make playoffs, probably best team left in race)
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhiCelek87 wrote:

Vick's going to end up elsewhere - almost definitely - a team like the Jets will certainly take a shot on Vick as an alternative to Sanchez or the Cardinals will bring him to play Fitzgerald.

Both those options are certainly more attractive to Vick than playing mentor at this point.

The Eagles are much more attractive from Vick's standpoint given the weapons they have on the outside, all they need to do is get an Oline and new head coach which again could both be big time acquisitions based on Eagles losing out

The problem with Vick and the Eagles is the Eagles turning the page on Vick, not him turning the page on him

And again if there is ANY chance that they don't do that it's if Nick Foles looks as awful as he looked in that Redskins game the rest of the season which actually isn't impossible with no DeSean Jackson and playing behind this woeful Oline

If you're Nick Foles you WANT Vick to start another game because the more games Foles starts the better Vick looks
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick's future on or off the Eagles hinges right now on Nick Foles.

Eagles could easily lose out if they don't beat Tampa Bay next week, probably the worse team left on their schedule at 6-6. They don't face anyone below .500 the rest of the way

Foles can't possibly play as poor as he's done in his first 3 starts with 1 TD to 2 INTs, but if he doesn't show remarkable improvement, Vick's chances of being a starter again for the Eagles next year are a lot higher than many may want them to be

It's a lot tougher turning the page on Vick if Nick Foles is 0-7 as a starter with underwhelming numbers to boot.
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the minority that would love to see Vick back next year with a HC that properly calls plays, game plans, and runs the ball, as well as behind a better/healthy offensive line. Find your guy in next years draft or whatever, but I'd love for Vick to be here next year with a new coach/O-line.
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
I'm of the minority that would love to see Vick back next year with a HC that properly calls plays, game plans, and runs the ball, as well as behind a better/healthy offensive line. Find your guy in next years draft or whatever, but I'd love for Vick to be here next year with a new coach/O-line.

Well just look at what Harbaugh has done with Alex Smith. Vick wasn't nearly as poor as Alex Smith before he got great coaching

Alex Smith 2005-2010
19-31 record (.380)
51 TDs 53 INTs
53 total TDs 69 total turnovers
57.1 comp percentage
72.1 passer rating

57th in passer rating (72.1)
27th in passing yards (9,399)
28th in passing touchdowns (51)
(Michael Vick was higher than Alex Smith and
he missed 3 years as a starter because of prison!)

29th in total touchdowns (53) (even Vince Young was higher!)
26th in total yards (9849
(Michael Vick was again higher despite missing
3 years as a starter)

An innovative mind like Chip Kelly could get 2010 production out of Vick for 3-5 years by comparison.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
His contract is just too difficult to live up to, and knowing how frugal our FO can be, I think it's a given that he's gone. I won't miss him.
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:
His contract is just too difficult to live up to, and knowing how frugal our FO can be, I think it's a given that he's gone. I won't miss him.

I agree about our FO and yeah he's probably gone.. I just think it would have been great to see him with a new HC and philosophy and behind an improved/healthy O-line. Oh wellz
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:

But say Vick is willing to take a 8-9 million dollar pay cut just to secure his spot as starter knowing that he won't have near the opportunity he may have on the Eagles with a vastly improved Oline and all the skill players
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:

I agree about our FO and yeah he's probably gone.. I just think it would have been great to see him with a new HC and philosophy and behind an improved/healthy O-line. Oh wellz

That's not completely outside the realm of possibility

I think if Foles just wins one game, Vick is probably done in Philly but if he goes 0-7 and doesn't look great, again Vick has a lot more leverage in that case
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:

But say Vick is willing to take a 8-9 million dollar pay cut just to secure his spot as starter knowing that he won't have near the opportunity he may have on the Eagles with a vastly improved Oline and all the skill players

People will find another excuse other then his contract to justify the cut. I mean we have Nick Foles to run the show. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick is gone after the season. End of story.

I don't see any reason otherwise.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Vick is gone after the season. End of story.

I don't see any reason otherwise.

Agreed.

The team will move forward with either Foles or a drafted QB

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah his whole concussion+benching was too predictably well-timed and expected.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
oland11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

Remember when he said he was going to stay healthy for 16 games? Laughing But that flak jacket actually helped him stay healthy besides his concussion. I think that guy who made it will make A LOT of money now.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Remember when he said he was going to stay healthy for 16 games? Laughing But that flak jacket actually helped him stay healthy besides his concussion. I think that guy who made it will make A LOT of money now.

Yeah that flak jacket definitely worked.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 32 of 55

Jump to: