Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Vick beyond the 2012 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
People said Foles wouldn't last a quarter behind our line.

A game and a half and he's still standing. He isn't getting destroyed at the same rate Vick was either.

People also said having a true pocket passer like Nick with a quick release and size to throw balls accurately over the Oline would make this offense Flourish. Have you seen that in the last 6 QT's of play? I haven't for the most part and neither has the score board. Or are Foles 6 sacks, 4 FB and 3 INT in that time period acceptable in 6 QT's of play? Looks awfully similar to me or is that just going to be chalked up to being a Rookie as well.

Actually, yes. Peyton Manning sucked as a rookie. Most (not all) QBs do. That doesn't mean Foles will ever amount to anything, but less than 2 full games of experience is nothing to completely judge on.

And having a pocket passer like Nick with a quick release and the size and arm to throw accurately over the line would make this offense much better. If the OLine was playing anything near a decent level. If Nick was a more experienced QB (maybe).

That's been my point for weeks though Wabbit for everyone who thought Nick could make a drastic difference with this current line situation. When in fact most any QB (Not just Vick as many seem to have thought) would have issues when constantly being hit, sacked ,knocked down, hurried and harassed pretty much at will. Foles was never going to be any different had he started a month ago in the W/L column as others suggested. I'm not saying Foles can never be good ,succeed in the NFL or that it is impossible to have some kind of success this season. Just that maybe just maybe Vick wasn't the major problem he was made out to be from the jump.

No. Vick was/is an issue in his own right. Even in the beginning of the season (when we still had 4/5 of an OLine) he was running into sacks, holding the ball too long, and missing wide open receivers. He contributed to the issues in his own way. The big difference is with Foles it is somewhat (though not totally) excuseable from the QB end. Vick has been a pro too long to make those kinds of mistakes so consistantly and still be considered a viable "franchise" guy.

Of course the playcalling has been another contributer as well.

It certainly was never just Vick, but he wasn't helping either.
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get hot in the end and finish 8-8, 7-9, or even 6-10 I'll be extremely pissed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock_#5 wrote:
If we get hot in the end and finish 8-8, 7-9, or even 6-10 I'll be extremely pissed.

Yea getting a top pick and really ensuring we completely clean house are the only things that bring me peace about this franchise right now. There is zero point in winning anymore games...they just hurt us, I'll take a win week 17 though if it means we keep the Giants from the playoffs.

I don't know, I'm getting a sick pleasure at seeing the frailty of this team as the layers get peeled back....I want to see who quits and who doesn't. And whoever does quit will be shown the door right after the coaches.

If we go 3-13 who knows, maybe Howie gets fired and we get the aesthetic overhaul that we need.... as so many bad teams have done when they start new eras nowadays. I know it's minor in the grand scheme of things, but if not now then when.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

A game and a half and he's still standing. He isn't getting destroyed at the same rate Vick was either.

LOL is that some kind of accomplishment?

Lasting 6 quarters without getting hurt means he's great? Ignore the 1 TD to 4 turnovers?
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Phire wrote:

LOL is that some kind of accomplishment?

Lasting 6 quarters without getting hurt means he's great? Ignore the 1 TD to 4 turnovers?

You drunk bro?

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna lie, I would be ecstatic if we somehow finished 8-8.

I don't know why....like I know we suck, I know we won't win but for some reason I'm still mad when we lose.

Probably cause I really hate that NFLfani'msuchadoucher guy who kept posting random ish about the eagles (dude who was like FIRE THE REPORTER WHO ACCIDENTLY SAID EAGLES INSTEAD OF CARDINALS I'M A MORON)
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Rock_#5 wrote:

Yea getting a top pick and really ensuring we completely clean house are the only things that bring me peace about this franchise right now. There is zero point in winning anymore games...they just hurt us, I'll take a win week 17 though if it means we keep the Giants from the playoffs.

I don't know, I'm getting a sick pleasure at seeing the frailty of this team as the layers get peeled back....I want to see who quits and who doesn't. And whoever does quit will be shown the door right after the coaches.

If we go 3-13 who knows, maybe Howie gets fired and we get the aesthetic overhaul that we need.... as so many bad teams have done when they start new eras nowadays. I know it's minor in the grand scheme of things, but if not now then when.

I feel you bud, I just want us not be picking in the late teens or early twenties and still end up missing the playoffs. I hate it when we do that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is on a whole new level of bad. It makes 2005 look like a good time.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock_#5 wrote:
No offense, but don't hold your breath. Laughing
Blahman88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Rock_#5 wrote:
No offense, but don't hold your breath. Laughing

No offence.....

Yeah just that, No Offence

BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock_#5 wrote:

If Foles finishes the season you don't have to worry about that. At max you finish with one more win this season

You guys will just miss out on Geno Smith and probably get to land a stud Offensive tackle like the one of the ones out of Texas AM that deserves a whole lot of credit for the phenomenon known as Johnny Football
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
At max you finish with one more win this season
Well there's a crazy 180 turn from your optimistic threads. Welcome to the dark side kid.
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Well there's a crazy 180 turn from your optimistic threads. Welcome to the dark side kid.

I would still be optimistic if Vick were starting. I think he could overcome that putrid Oline to make a playoff push with that weak schedule

But even with that weak schedule, without Vick's escapability and with Foles being so inexperienced, this Carolina game is your best chance at getting that one more win without Vick
Blahman88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
BBIB wrote:

I would still be optimistic if Vick were starting. I think he could overcome that putrid Oline to make a playoff push with that weak schedule

But even with that weak schedule, without Vick's escapability and with Foles being so inexperienced, this Carolina game is your best chance at getting that one more win without Vick

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Vick is crud, deal with it

oland11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
BBIB wrote:

You are aware we have 7 loses right?....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 29 of 55

Jump to: