Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Moss or Lebron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bigger Athletic Freak?
Randy
36%
 36%  [ 25 ]
Lebron
63%
 63%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 68

eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
Ahh more LeBron jock riding. ESPN has infiltrated the minds of the impressionable youth and it's way to a football forum. Hype anything long enough and everyone will believe it. I even remember in a Calvin Johnson vs LeBron thread some member with a couple thousand posts said that LeBron had like a sub 4.5 forty and had like a 50+ inch vertical, along with other traits like the 'most agile' blah blah blah ever. A few other respected members bought it too. Oh the ignorance was strong in that one.

LeBron is quite the athlete, but so are guys like Howard and Durant. They fall in the same category in terms of athletic ability. Watch the video of Dwight Howard running the relay with Desean and co. LeBron was not superior to that.

Also, Moss' athletic ability in his prime was relative to LeBron's.

Durant isn't on the same planet as LeBron in terms of being an athlete, get real. Howard is a special athlete though.

durant isnt even close. you could argue that he is equal at everything but strength and lebron would still be miles ahead of him.

props to deadpulse
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Confused

Moss is A LOT faster and more agile than LeBron. LeBron is A LOT taller, and stronger. Moss, at 6'4, and built like a grey hound, had the agility of Barry Sanders.

I'll tell you right now I'm probably the biggest Moss fan ever, but he definitely did not have the agility of Barry Sanders. That's a hyperbole to the 9th degree. Randy was one of the fastest players ever, but nobody had Barry's quickness.

no NBT is....mosses mother doesnt love him as much as this guy. its just sad.

It was a tongue in cheek shot at NBT, as I quoted him and said it. Just wanted to see his reaction.
Plat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which NFL player (past or present) closer to Lebron in terms of athleticism then?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plat wrote:
Which NFL player (past or present) closer to Lebron in terms of athleticism then?
Calvin Johnson, Julius Peppers, Cam Newton

Those would be the best comparisons I could think of.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
bigboi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Plat wrote:

Cam Newton more athletic than Moss. Gtfoh and I say this as one of the biggest Cam supporters on the site.
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigboi wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Plat wrote:

Cam Newton more athletic than Moss. Gtfoh and I say this as one of the biggest Cam supporters on the site.

Randy is also more athletic than Peppers. CJ is debateable, and I'm not getting into that one because we've already had pages and pages on the discussion.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
bigboi wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Plat wrote:

Randy is also more athletic than Peppers. CJ is debateable, and I'm not getting into that one because we've already had pages and pages on the discussion.

Calvin has so little agility that he cannot hold a candle to Moss. Moss has all-universe speed in every single part of his game. Obviously straight line, but cutting, changing direction, jukes, burst/explosion, top end speed. Moss in the open field was a butterfly. One second he would be sprinting faster than everyone, then he just stops on a dime, changes direction in the blink of an eye, and instantly accelerates back to normal speed. It is unreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gftgj2sgfms&t=6m7s

Just watch the superfreak in action on that play. He just moves at a totally different speed than everyone else. There has never been anybody else like him. I see a bit of him in Rajon Rondo, but Moss was taller and faster regardless. And straight like speed? Nobody could go from 0 to 60 as quick as Moss, and making it more impressive, pretty much everyone else tops out around 50. For example, Moss does 0 to 60 in 4 seconds, while while everyone else does 0-45 in 5 seconds.

I love me some LeBron, but he cant move like Moss. Not even close. BTW LeBron is clearly the most athletic player in the NBSA, imo.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Randy Moss (how did you know doe?), and while I think you guys aren't giving him enough credit here, Lebron still takes this one. He is probably the most physically talented athlete of all time, dude is a freak of nature. Moss definitely has more speed, but that's about it, although he takes that by a wide margin, also may have the vertical by a slight margin. Lebron on the other hand is much taller, much longer, much stronger, bigger broad jump, and bigger hands, plus his speed is nothing short of amazing for his height and weight.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
I'm a big fan of Randy Moss (how did you know doe?), and while I think you guys aren't giving him enough credit here, Lebron still takes this one. He is probably the most physically talented athlete of all time, dude is a freak of nature. Moss definitely has more speed, but that's about it, although he takes that by a wide margin, also may have the vertical by a slight margin. Lebron on the other hand is much taller, much longer, much stronger, bigger broad jump, and bigger hands, plus his speed is nothing short of amazing for his height and weight.

No, he's not. Brick wall

Lebron's athleticism is so overrated.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plat wrote:

Calvin is just a good an athlete as lebron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

No, he's not. Brick wall

it really is, he's an amazing athlete no doubt but there are a handful of NFL players right now that are just as athletic as him. JPP/Calvin/Navarrow Bowman/Pat Willis/Adrian Peterson ect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Plat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda off-topic but where would you guys rank Atlanta Vick amongst the guys mentioned?
yupyup

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

No, he's not. Brick wall

Laughing

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:

Moss was clearly faster, and more agile. But when you think of what LeBron has been able to/can do at his size is on an entirely different level. At 6'8 270 he's arguably the fastest straight line player in the NBA, is easily one of the most powerful players, and boasts an unreal vertical. Not to mention LeBron can play 4 positions both ways full time, and could play the 5 both ways depending on the opponent. You will see another Randy Moss before you see another LeBron James.

No.

Now I wasn't sure who I would take as most athletic in this discussion because it's so close, but honestly I think you've inadvertently provided me with my answer. In the NBA their are players with athleticism comparable to a LeBron- Josh Smith for instance is a guy with a comparable vertical leap, strength, and speed equation. The thing that LeBron successfully does better is that he has better balance. LeBron's basketball skills also allow him to better utilize his athleticism. For instance, IFFF Josh Smith was as developed as a ball handler and passer, it's very possible that he COULD look close to LeBron James... it's not that LeBron is much more athletic than a guy like Smith, it's that he has a much better basketball skillset. LeBron's skillset in conjunction with his size and athletic ability is what makes him so special over other great NBA athletes.

Now Randy Moss... a guy at 6'4" with Olympic level speed is freakish athleticism that you'd see from a Usain Bolt type of sprinter. Most sprinters aren't built so tall and length. Moss combines that with incredibly agility and balance.

I think I'd be willing to push LeBron and Moss' agility and balance for their particular size, but LeBron has much more NBA athletes comparable to him in the size, speed, strength aspect than I'd say Moss has of comparable NFL players in that aspect. Calvin Johnson may have been fast, but Moss was as fast as a Chris Johnson... at 6'4". AJ Green is probably the closest we've seen someone to Moss' particular skillset... and he's one inch shorter and about 2 to 3 tengths of a second slower, less agile, and not as explosive vertically.

I think you'd be right if you said, we'll probably see another Calvin Johnson before we see a LeBron James... but I seriously doubt we'll see another Randy Moss kind of freak athletic ability in our lifetimes. So I'll vote Moss in this discussion.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

No, he's not. Brick wall

Laughing

Oh snap. You're challenging Jrry. There will be blood from ownage here in a few posts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: