Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AFC Playoff Picture Discussion...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which AFCN team is our biggest competition?
Pittsburgh Steelers
71%
 71%  [ 15 ]
Cincinnati Bengals
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 21

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: AFC Playoff Picture Discussion... Reply with quote

And the Steelers go down! Wow, what a game. Very Happy

You obviously have to feel bad for them with all of the injuries they've had, but their loss gives us some elbow room in the AFCN. Especially since I think the Browns will beat the Bengals.

That said, I hope we don't get complacent over these next two weeks, we have to handle business. I think if we can go 6-1 to start, having beaten the Patriots and the Texans... the two most likely teams to be at the top of the conference... then we'll be in a really good spot. Especially since we'll have plenty of time and elbow room to re-incorporate Suggs back into the lineup.

What say you fine gents...?

Who do you have in the playoff picture ATM? Who concerns you the most in terms of the AFCN title: the Steelers or the Bengals?

What say you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't think either is any competition at all. Unless we get hit hard by injuries I see no way we don't win the division.

For the sake of answering the question, Cincy. Pittsburgh is a disaster. I don't think they were legit to start with, and now they are probably the most decimated team in the league by injuries. I think it's very possible they lose ten games.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The division title will still come down to the h2h games with the Steelers. Maybe now a split will do for us, but we give up any lead if they sweep us. I think we'll be fortunate (and in good shape) if we can go 1-1 in these last two games with Dallas coming off a bye and the Texans being at home and wanting playoff revenge.

I still say we have little shot at a top-2 seed and first round bye because our remaining schedule is brutal and the Texans and Pats have cake-walks.
nevermore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
I still say we have little shot at a top-2 seed and first round bye because our remaining schedule is brutal and the Texans and Pats have cake-walks.

Agreed. The NE schedule is laughable.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Steelers still present the biggest challenge for the Ravens in the AFCN. The games between those two teams are almost always hard for either of them to win. In my opinion Cincinnati isn't a good team at all and the only reason they're competing for a playoff spot this season is because the AFC as a whole is pretty weak and unpredictable.

This is what I have predicted for the AFC playoff picture right now:

Houston
Baltimore
New England
Denver
San Diego
Pittsburgh

It's kind of a playoff picture by default. Who else is really competing for a spot? Cincinnati? New York? Indianapolis? Miami? Bleh. On the other hand it's looking really good for the Ravens to get into the postseason once again. Cool
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
The division title will still come down to the h2h games with the Steelers. Maybe now a split will do for us, but we give up any lead if they sweep us. I think we'll be fortunate (and in good shape) if we can go 1-1 in these last two games with Dallas coming off a bye and the Texans being at home and wanting playoff revenge.

I don't know if anyone has a "cake walk" this season FTMP.

For the Texans their easiest games that I see are also divisional games. I mean, division games are usually tough no matter what. You have the Packers and the Ravens these next two weeks with one of their best defenders.. and leaders.. being just removed from the season. They are undefeated ATM, but I could easily see them dropping 4 of their next 11 games. vsPackers, vsRavens, @Bears, @Patriots, vsVikings, @Colts .. and MAYBE @Titans... are all lose-able games IMO. That's 7 games.

With the Patriots, they probably have an easier road, but that NFC West is much better than previously thought. The Patriots already dropped one to that division. I think the Seahawks have a chance at taking down the Patriots at their house. Then you have the Rams with Jeff Fisher and a great defense (specifically pass rush) as well. That's another game that looked easy going into the year that now becomes more difficult with a team battling for the division. While their division games seem like they should have a nice advantage, they are division games. The Houston game will also be a HUGE game. I can't see the Patriots dropping too many games, but they've already dropped two games to this point, so they do have a little less wiggle room. I think @Seahawks, @Rams, vsTexans, @Dolphins, and vs49ers... are all lose-able games. That's 5 games.

Then you have us, the Ravens. I'll say we have vsCowboys, @Texans, @Steelers, @Chargers, vsSteelers, vsBroncos, vsGiants, @Bengals lose-able games. That's 8. Which granted is a much higher number than both the Patriots and the Texans... I still think we have a shot at the #1 seed since IFFFFF we can beat the Texans (obviously they play us well and will be at home so it'll be incredibly tough), then we would successfully have tie-breakers over our stiffest competition.

We also have no way of knowing just how much the Texans loss of Cushing could mean for that defense and team. Plus we have to consider the durability history of their other important players possibly being a factor. The only sure bet I'd be willing to place on them is that they win that division. Beyond that, I'd say the Texans and Ravens aren't too dissimilar in the variables that could affect them. Suggs returning could propel us forward... whereas Cushing leaving could adversely affect them. I think 12-4 is a possibility for all of the above teams. The @Texans game will have huge implications IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think it's Pittsburgh. No matter how decimated they are by injuries they know how to play us, and they know how to beat us.

They might not have the personnel for it, but honestly I don't see the Bungals as a threat to us AT ALL. The Steelers are still our #1 enemy.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assure you no one should be writing off the Steelers quite yet. If Troy Polamalu can come back healthy and stay healthy, the Steelers are about good as anyone. Yes their defense is declining, but so is ours. And just like us, they are rapidly improving on offense to compensate. They may not be where they thought they would be coming into the season, but there's a lot of football left to be played and I don't think the Steelers are ready to just lay down and call it quits. They still have some life to them, it might just take a little longer getting that team running on both sides of the ball.

As for Cincy? I think they're a good team, better than a lot of people were giving them credit for heading into the season, but I also don't think they're quite as good as their record shows either. Given their schedule I believe they are capable of winning 5-6 more games on the season, given how potent they are on offense, but I doubt an 8-8 or 9-7 record earns them a playoff berth in the AFC this year given the wealth of other talented teams fighting for a wildcard spot who also have relatively easier schedules.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a little unrelated but I've been watching the Jets game and boy Stephen Hill is looking pretty darn impressive. Man, just imagine if we had him and Torrey Smith running routes. Defenses wouldn't know what to do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen (and read) Hill has looked pretty good most of the time (when he wasn't injured). I think Cordy Glenn has been really good too but that's only based off what I've read. I'm happy with Upshaw though. So far it seems like the Ravens couldn't have gone wrong with any of the "big 3" prospects that were most talked about for thier first pick at the top of the second round.

It'll be interesting to see if the Patriots choke again at the end. They might end up as a wild-card when it's all said and done if that trend continues, they're really not that good of a team.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^It will be the 3rd game of the year that was an absolute choke. And they'll be 1-4 in games decided by under 21 points.

Last edited by DontTazeMeBro on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES GO JETS GO!
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news for us this year is that other than Houston, everyone else is floundering even more than we are.

If we can either a) play like a team on a mission against Houston in the playoffs or b) manage to avoid them, I'm still feeling optimistic about our chances of winning the AFC.

11-5 probably gets the bye for us this year, and 10-6 might still be good enough to do it with most of the tiebreakers going our away. The AFC's incompetence is an incredible blessing for us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh prevent defense how I despise you... Looks like Rex hasn't changed either.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
The good news for us this year is that other than Houston, everyone else is floundering even more than we are.

If we can either a) play like a team on a mission against Houston in the playoffs or b) manage to avoid them, I'm still feeling optimistic about our chances of winning the AFC.

11-5 probably gets the bye for us this year, and 10-6 might still be good enough to do it with most of the tiebreakers going our away. The AFC's incompetence is an incredible blessing for us.

Agreed. I think our best bet is if Denver gets matched up with the Texans in the bracket... because I think they're the one team that could have a shot at beating the Texans. Obviously they lost to them already, but you have to think it'll take an elite QB to beat the Texans defense... and it's going to take a pass rush to get to Schaub. The Broncos have the pass rushers and they have Manning. So it'll be tough, but I think they could do it.

On the other hand, besides the Texans, no team we've faced this season scares me as much as the Broncos with Manning at the helm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: