Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steve McNair special next Wednesday on NFL Network
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3860
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
lamont wrote:
If only he had followed the advice he gave those kids at his camp in that footage, he may still be alive. It seemed to contradict what his mom said that he really didn't let people get close to him after his childhood friend died, because he had the close friend in Miss., the older gentleman here and Gaddy. I don't think Eddie & Steve were as close as he claims, if so he should have seen the warning signs before it was to late. When it happened he said he had no idea what kind of life he was living.

I look at the footage from when they put him the ring of honor and he didn't look happy. Looking back now, he was on the wrong path probably before then. I guess it was like they said in the documentary he was a social intravert, who was put in the spotlight as a NFL QB and he did not want to disappoint people. Wow, must have been a heavy burden to bear.

What also stood out to me was when Gaddy said Steve gave the guy $100, who had lost a bet on the game and was going off about had bad McNair played and McNair was standing right there. To go to a Division 1AA school at the time and finshed #3 in the Heisman race will probably never happen again and was amazing in its own right. I good man with some demons(we all have them) was taken to soon. I still do not believe it was a murder/suicide. RIP Mac9.
What warning signs? Steve was murdered, since when are there warning signs you are about to be murdered? His mistress is the one that comitted suicide, not Steve.


The warning signs of his double life & alleged drug and alcohol abuse. You know the things that make a 36 year old married man go on trips with his 20 year old mistress and not hide it. I was not talking about the murder. I was talking about the warning signs of his life going out of control in his last years on this earth and noone knew it or intervened. Eddie, Gady, the older guy and Mitchell from Mississippi never said one word about trying to do a crisis intervention in this documentary. If I see my best friend's life going off a cliff, I would step in and try to help. I don't care if he is a NFL legend if you love and care about him as much as you claim do something.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3860
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
lamont wrote:
I still do not believe it was a murder/suicide.


Double suicide? Double murder?


Double murder.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinceYoung1010


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 787
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
s_camp wrote:
lamont wrote:
I still do not believe it was a murder/suicide.


Double suicide? Double murder?


Double murder.


based on all of the evidence you collected on your own?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3860
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceYoung1010 wrote:
lamont wrote:
s_camp wrote:
lamont wrote:
I still do not believe it was a murder/suicide.


Double suicide? Double murder?


Double murder.


based on all of the evidence you collected on your own?


It is my personal view. You know this thing they call an opinion. No where in my statement did I say it was fact. I don't know for sure what happened, just as you don't.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Finnerception


Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 12960
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceYoung1010 wrote:

based on all of the evidence you collected on your own?


You want evidence?

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2012/01/64e25298380c17131ba1f4144e5bb857.png

Notice the last login was BEFORE McNair was shot. He deleted the page less than a day after McNair was shot.

There was another guy named Keith Norfleet (referenced in that image.. "riden with Keith) who openly admitted that he was Kazemi's ex-boyfriend, posted the following on MySpace, and even wrote a freaking song talking about how he planned to put a bullet in a guy's head for taking his girl.. and yet, Nashville police, aware of all of that, didn't see it worthy of making him a suspect. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes



http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/rappers-chilling-lyrics-eerily-similar-mcnairs-murder
_________________


Last edited by Finnerception on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3860
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
VinceYoung1010 wrote:

based on all of the evidence you collected on your own?


You want evidence?



Notice the last login was BEFORE McNair was shot. He deleted the page less than a day after McNair was shot.

There was another guy named Keith Norfleet (referenced in that image.. "riden with Keith) who openly admitted that he was Kazemi's ex-boyfriend, posted the following on MySpace, and even wrote a freaking song talking about how he planned to put a bullet in a guy's head for taking his girl.. and yet, Nashville police, aware of all of that, didn't see it worthy of making him a suspect. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes



http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/rappers-chilling-lyrics-eerily-similar-mcnairs-murder


Thank you. I didn't want to go there, but I believe the Nashville police dept. covered up this crime. It was also stated that she didn't even like guns and had not fired one before if I remember correctly, but she could shoot someone she loved 3 times and then sit down beside a dead McNair and shoot herself. Sorry, I will never believe that. again JMO
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinceYoung1010


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 787
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah ok I see where you're going with this...I forgot about this angle of it to be honest. He should have at least been a suspect. I just don't know what it would do for the Nashville police to lie or not carry out this case. It's one of their most high profile ones they probably had.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 6966
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:

Thank you. I didn't want to go there, but I believe the Nashville police dept. covered up this crime. It was also stated that she didn't even like guns and had not fired one before if I remember correctly, but she could shoot someone she loved 3 times and then sit down beside a dead McNair and shoot herself. Sorry, I will never believe that. again JMO



Hmm...I've never heard this theory before.

So why would the Nashville PD want to cover up this crime?
_________________
"That's a piece of it.."
-Ken Whisenhunt's answer to life's hardest questions

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3860
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
lamont wrote:

Thank you. I didn't want to go there, but I believe the Nashville police dept. covered up this crime. It was also stated that she didn't even like guns and had not fired one before if I remember correctly, but she could shoot someone she loved 3 times and then sit down beside a dead McNair and shoot herself. Sorry, I will never believe that. again JMO



Hmm...I've never heard this theory before.

So why would the Nashville PD want to cover up this crime?


You tell me. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that a police department can botch a case? Especially one involving a "celebrity" that always had issues with a specific officer on their force. It is too many holes in the allegations they feed the media and the citizens. If you think a police dept is above shanagans to solve a case quickly and move the case off the front page of the Tennessean, I got some beach front property in Idaho to sell you.

What is so far fetched about what I said? Her friends said she was terrified of guns and never fired one. If I am not correct about that please show otherwise. She did not have a history of violence that I am aware of and the ex boyfriend was a prime suspect, but was never really vetted. If someone is deathly scared of guns, they usually do not pick up a gun and kill the person they love by shooting them 3 times. Normally crimes of passion are stabbings, where they stab the victim mutilple times.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2814
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting to read, but I'm pretty sure at least that first image is way outside the rules of the forums. The second one, too, maybe. Might want to take those down.

lamont - I wasn't questioning your hunch, just wondered what you thought it might have been. The whole thing is sketchy, to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3860
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
It's interesting to read, but I'm pretty sure at least that first image is way outside the rules of the forums. The second one, too, maybe. Might want to take those down.

lamont - I wasn't questioning your hunch, just wondered what you thought it might have been. The whole thing is sketchy, to me.


No problem. I guess seeing the documentary opened up old feelings about this whole tragedy. Wink
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOneWayRoad


Joined: 19 Mar 2010
Posts: 1359
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will always consider '99-'03 the "golden years" of Titans football, regardless of what happens in the future. That's what really got this region hooked on the Titans, and McNair was, in my opinion, a majority of the reason why.

I haven't seen the documentary yet, as I don't have NFLN, but I'll find a way to watch it one way or another. RIP Steve.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2814
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOneWayRoad wrote:
I will always consider '99-'03 the "golden years" of Titans football, regardless of what happens in the future. That's what really got this region hooked on the Titans, and McNair was, in my opinion, a majority of the reason why.

I haven't seen the documentary yet, as I don't have NFLN, but I'll find a way to watch it one way or another. RIP Steve.


I agree entirely. Everything that happens now gets compared to that era, and it will stay that way until the franchise surpasses that five year stretch. Sure would be nice to be back at the top of the league again for a while.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2681
Location: NC
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
MrOneWayRoad wrote:
I will always consider '99-'03 the "golden years" of Titans football, regardless of what happens in the future. That's what really got this region hooked on the Titans, and McNair was, in my opinion, a majority of the reason why.

I haven't seen the documentary yet, as I don't have NFLN, but I'll find a way to watch it one way or another. RIP Steve.


I agree entirely. Everything that happens now gets compared to that era, and it will stay that way until the franchise surpasses that five year stretch. Sure would be nice to be back at the top of the league again for a while.


Yeah, there were so many memorable Titans during those years

Steve McNair
Eddie George
Derrick Mason
Frank Wychek
Jevon Kearse
Keith Bulluck
Samari Rolle
Lance Schulters
Tank Williams
Blaine Bishop
Plus Many More

I became a Titans fan during this time. We could compete with any team in the NFL from 99-03. Man those were good times. Kinda makes me sad. Sad
_________________
Adopt A Titan

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VYoung10


Joined: 02 Oct 2008
Posts: 9052
Location: Billings-406
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who haven't seen it...

http://titansized.com/2012/10/19/steve-mcnair-a-football-life-video/

RIP Air9McNair
_________________

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group