Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steve McNair special next Wednesday on NFL Network
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Steve McNair special next Wednesday on NFL Network Reply with quote

For those who haven't got the chance to see the commercial, NFL Network has done a special on Steve McNair that will air next Wednesday at 8pm eastern time.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait. Easily my favorite player of all-time. They don't make em like him anymore.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there. I got goosebumps just seeing the old footage in the commercial. Still can't believe he is gone. RIP Steve.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping as a reminder.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait!!!

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man these were the good days! lol

You have to be reminded how good those teams were and how good Mac 9 was...
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A real QB. Take notes QB's of today.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
coleman51

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Network retweeted my McNair stash, so I figured I'd share with you guys as well.

http://www.twitter.com/coliniswhatitis/status/258725798738010112/photo/1/large

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: Im mad at the fact theyve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313

Last edited by coleman51 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great player, great guy, taken from this life far too soon. Even tho I was rooting hard for the Rams, I'll always be a little sad that Kevin Dyson came up 1 yard Short.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!! Cam Newton, VY, and Troy Smith attended Mack-9's football camp?! I had no idea. How freakin' cool is that?
cj2k1102

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I think about McNair, I always think how much better he and our offense could've been if he had an elite receiver. Mason and Bennett were very good players but neither were elite. I always go back to the 1998 draft. What if we had just taken a chance on Randy Moss. Shocked Shocked Imagine how crazy our offense would have been.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cj2k1102 wrote:
Every time I think about McNair, I always think how much better he and our offense could've been if he had an elite receiver. Mason and Bennett were very good players but neither were elite. I always go back to the 1998 draft. What if we had just taken a chance on Randy Moss. Shocked Shocked Imagine how crazy our offense would have been.

Him mason mcnair George would of been unstoppable. Plus that defense we had
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only he had followed the advice he gave those kids at his camp in that footage, he may still be alive. It seemed to contradict what his mom said that he really didn't let people get close to him after his childhood friend died, because he had the close friend in Miss., the older gentleman here and Gaddy. I don't think Eddie & Steve were as close as he claims, if so he should have seen the warning signs before it was to late. When it happened he said he had no idea what kind of life he was living.

I look at the footage from when they put him the ring of honor and he didn't look happy. Looking back now, he was on the wrong path probably before then. I guess it was like they said in the documentary he was a social intravert, who was put in the spotlight as a NFL QB and he did not want to disappoint people. Wow, must have been a heavy burden to bear.

What also stood out to me was when Gaddy said Steve gave the guy $100, who had lost a bet on the game and was going off about had bad McNair played and McNair was standing right there. To go to a Division 1AA school at the time and finshed #3 in the Heisman race will probably never happen again and was amazing in its own right. I good man with some demons(we all have them) was taken to soon. I still do not believe it was a murder/suicide. RIP Mac9.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
If only he had followed the advice he gave those kids at his camp in that footage, he may still be alive. It seemed to contradict what his mom said that he really didn't let people get close to him after his childhood friend died, because he had the close friend in Miss., the older gentleman here and Gaddy. I don't think Eddie & Steve were as close as he claims, if so he should have seen the warning signs before it was to late. When it happened he said he had no idea what kind of life he was living.

I look at the footage from when they put him the ring of honor and he didn't look happy. Looking back now, he was on the wrong path probably before then. I guess it was like they said in the documentary he was a social intravert, who was put in the spotlight as a NFL QB and he did not want to disappoint people. Wow, must have been a heavy burden to bear.

What also stood out to me was when Gaddy said Steve gave the guy $100, who had lost a bet on the game and was going off about had bad McNair played and McNair was standing right there. To go to a Division 1AA school at the time and finshed #3 in the Heisman race will probably never happen again and was amazing in its own right. I good man with some demons(we all have them) was taken to soon. I still do not believe it was a murder/suicide. RIP Mac9.
What warning signs? Steve was murdered, since when are there warning signs you are about to be murdered? His mistress is the one that comitted suicide, not Steve.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
I still do not believe it was a murder/suicide.

Double suicide? Double murder?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: