Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

W7 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (6-0) Reflection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: W7 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (6-0) Reflection Reply with quote

Asante Samuel wrote:
"It wasn't pretty. It was really ugly, especially the first half. We all recognized that. We started off bad but we bounced back in the second half. That decides a champion; you got to do whatever it takes to win."

Arrow Since we have a bye week I felt a thread should be devoted to evaluating the current state of the team. There are a lot of issues regarding this team and I think they could generate some good discussion.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
GFalcon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turner has got to step it up

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
devils1854

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:

I partly agree, but I also think that we really havent tried to establish the running game at times. Turner has only 15+ carries in 2 games. Now does that mean that he would pick it up as the game goes on? No. Not necessarily, especially the way our run blocking has been going, but we need to try and sustain a long drive or two during the game. Im not saying that we go back to Mularkey ball. Far from it, but we need to know that we need to give the defense some time to rest, and pound the ball. Or throw a few screens. I havent seen any in the past few games.

#JDI
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
GFalcon wrote:

I partly agree, but I also think that we really havent tried to establish the running game at times. Turner has only 15+ carries in 2 games. Now does that mean that he would pick it up as the game goes on? No. Not necessarily, especially the way our run blocking has been going, but we need to try and sustain a long drive or two during the game. Im not saying that we go back to Mularkey ball. Far from it, but we need to know that we need to give the defense some time to rest, and pound the ball. Or throw a few screens. I havent seen any in the past few games.
guys I think we should be happy that we haven't leaned on our run game early. When we decide to establish the run Turner will be fresh. I do think we need to be more efficient when we do run the ball. But I'm not mad at the lack of running plays. Our pass game looks good and our defense will only get better. I don't think there is a single falcon fan that hasn't been impressed by our defense thus far. There are always places for improvement. I think it is wise of our team to be critical of itself but I think we as fans should be happy with what we've seen thus far.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: