Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

W6 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (5-0) vs. Oakland Raiders (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark up number 18 as a league high game winning drives since 08 and a league best 6-0 record

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-0, but an ugly 6-0 IMO. This team still has problems that need fixing. It seems as if we are getting full of ourselves as our record gets better. Our play has been declining every week, and we are playing down to our competition. Akeem Dent looks terrible, our run blocking has returned to being pathetic, and Matt Ryan doesn't look as crisp in his reads. Hopefully we can work out the kinks during our bye, we have a tough stretch of games coming up.

On a brighter note, Matt Bryant has to be the most clutch kicker in the league. I'd say he is the best kicker in the league right now. Just amazing. I know he missed one today, but that game winning 55 yarder more than made up for the miss.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
Tacos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it wasn't a blowout so I'm happy but it's odd to see Matt make so many stupid throws for you guys. Officiating was naturally biased as they hate us but I'd say 95% of it was deserved as our team is pretty bad, but we got away with a clear PI too so whatever.

Hopefully you learn from this and play smarter football next game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
6-0, but an ugly 6-0 IMO. This team still has problems that need fixing. It seems as if we are getting full of ourselves as our record gets better. Our play has been declining every week, and we are playing down to our competition. Akeem Dent looks terrible, our run blocking has returned to being pathetic, and Matt Ryan doesn't look as crisp in his reads. Hopefully we can work out the kinks during our bye, we have a tough stretch of games coming up.

On a brighter note, Matt Bryant has to be the most clutch kicker in the league. I'd say he is the best kicker in the league right now. Just amazing. I know he missed one today, but that game winning 55 yarder more than made up for the miss.

I agree. We could easily be 4-2. But sometimes you have to win the close ones you should lose. THat being said this bye week is def needed. The Raiders did have 2 weeks to prepare tho. But Offensive line needs work bad. Ryan has got to stop forcing passes and throw the ball away. And our run defense and tackling sill needs work. It was a little better today tho. Dent is bad. I'd rather see Peterson at MLB. But Nicholas was hurt. Bye is def needed tho

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
terrell123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willthethrill_H wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
Willthethrill_H wrote:
Seeing as I can't say this, lets let Matt say it...

haven't won anything yet lol

I guess Matt spoke too soon. Time for him to back it up...
That was last week. Laughing
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good game guys. good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to loose. sigh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
terrell123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta get a mlb in next years draft. JA over Patrick Willis is still haunting me.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you in 2 weeks. Usually I'd say you guys are a shoe in to win, but the Eagles are undefeated (16-0?) after a bye week under Reid. Should be a good game.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
Gotta get a mlb in next years draft. JA over Patrick Willis is still haunting me.
this defense would be scary good with Willis. Imagine how good this defense could be with a Manti Te'o in there.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
this defense would be scary good with Willis. Imagine how good this defense could be with a Manti Te'o in there.

Again, why?

Nolan has said he want three starting caliber cb's, the 3rd lb might he on te field for 40% of the snaps. So who are you taking off, a pass rusher or spoon/nic?

We get shredded by Carson Palmer of all people and its dent who gets the blame apparently
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

Again, why?

Nolan has said he want three starting caliber cb's, the 3rd lb might he on te field for 40% of the snaps. So who are you taking off, a pass rusher or spoon/nic?

We get shredded by Carson Palmer of all people and its dent who gets the blame apparently
take off Nick. Love how he's been playing. but he's also 31 years old. Te'o is a Willis type. also, we'd play more 3-3-5 and have more of a varied look to our defense. it's a win-win.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

Again, why?

take off Nick. Love how he's been playing. but he's also 31 years old. Te'o is a Willis type. also, we'd play more 3-3-5 and have more of a varied look to our defense. it's a win-win.

I think I would actually like the pick of Te'o because hes so dynamic but I can guarantee he won't last to 32. I just don't want to waste a 1st on a good but not great mike just bcause people don't like dent.
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

Again, why?

I think I would actually like the pick of Te'o because hes so dynamic but I can guarantee he won't last to 32. I just don't want to waste a 1st on a good but not great mike just bcause people don't like dent.

A trade up would be necessary. Idk I would be happy with a lot this draft.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

Again, why?

I'd rather get a DE like Jackson Jeffcoat and not have to trade up. But no promises he's there late in the first.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

Again, why?

I'd rather get a DE like Jackson Jeffcoat and not have to trade up. But no promises he's there late in the first.

I just don't want a DE as Abe has been good and Edwards/Kroy is serviceable and they are both under contract for 2+ more years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: