Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos claim former Texans WR/Returner Trindon Holliday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AussieBronco66


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 437
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean that we'll see Leonhard on the defence?
_________________


mess with him at your peril
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 20970
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost every time we've gone to our 3-3-5 Defense that Leonhard plays in on obvious passing situations, we've had a degree of success. I am not putting that down to Leonhard, but he is part of that package and as we go forward I think he is going to be playing more and more.

Mike Adams has shown he can play man coverage on 'move' Tight Ends, so expect to see us use him as a LB on 3rd and 6/7/8+ with Leonhard at Safety a lot more.

I didn't see any all 22 in the preseason so I don't know a great deal about Duke. He isn't likely to be claimed, so lets calm people.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mile High


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 3130
Location: FL
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this signing. How long has it been since we have had a legitimate TD scoring threat in our return game? (That's a serious question. I literally can't think of one. And dont say Eddie Royal he had 1 good return game.)

Holliday will help us hugely in the return game and can probably if properly utilized be a nice change of pace weapon on offense.

OVerall great move!!
_________________

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22108
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
I love this signing. How long has it been since we have had a legitimate TD scoring threat in our return game? (That's a serious question. I literally can't think of one. And dont say Eddie Royal he had 1 good return game.)

Holliday will help us hugely in the return game and can probably if properly utilized be a nice change of pace weapon on offense.

OVerall great move!!


The Texans cut him because he was ineffective as a returner. Just saying.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8187
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
I love this signing. How long has it been since we have had a legitimate TD scoring threat in our return game? (That's a serious question. I literally can't think of one. And dont say Eddie Royal he had 1 good return game.)

I just want to say that not every team has "a legitimate TD scoring threat" in their return game. Actually, I cant name more than 10 teams that do. And most of them arent elite teams. This position is just not as important to NFL coaches that are looking for quality depth.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15065
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Mile High wrote:
I love this signing. How long has it been since we have had a legitimate TD scoring threat in our return game? (That's a serious question. I literally can't think of one. And dont say Eddie Royal he had 1 good return game.)

Holliday will help us hugely in the return game and can probably if properly utilized be a nice change of pace weapon on offense.

OVerall great move!!


The Texans cut him because he was ineffective as a returner. Just saying.
While true, he gives us a threat though, something Leonard wasn't at PR.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 20970
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Mile High wrote:
I love this signing. How long has it been since we have had a legitimate TD scoring threat in our return game? (That's a serious question. I literally can't think of one. And dont say Eddie Royal he had 1 good return game.)

Holliday will help us hugely in the return game and can probably if properly utilized be a nice change of pace weapon on offense.

OVerall great move!!


The Texans cut him because he was ineffective as a returner. Just saying.
While true, he gives us a threat though, something Leonard wasn't at PR.


He wasn't a threat to turn it over either. I understand what people are saying, but I hope we don't learn the hard way that a safe KR/PR isn't always a bad thing.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3956
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
I love this signing. How long has it been since we have had a legitimate TD scoring threat in our return game? (That's a serious question. I literally can't think of one. And dont say Eddie Royal he had 1 good return game.)

Holliday will help us hugely in the return game and can probably if properly utilized be a nice change of pace weapon on offense.

OVerall great move!!


What are you talking about?? Eddie had several good games as a returner in Denver. He was consistently (when healthy) one of the best punt returners in the AFC. Had a game just last season when he had a monster return for a TD against the Raiders.

Trindon Holliday has done absolutely NOTHING in real NFL games. So what if he had 3 returns for TD's in the 3rd and 4th quarter of pre-season games. It's just funny you act like we got prime Devin Hester, when in reality the guy has done squat. No need to put down Eddie Royal to make Holliday seem better than he really is.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean besides Eddie's three touchdowns or whatever, he was not good. If you think opposing teams were scared of Royal as a return man, you are wrong. One of the best in the AFC?

Desean Jackson.............that's all I think about when I think about Eddie Royal.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12419
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
He was electric in the preseason, but he absolutely sucked in the regular season. Any news on who we released to get him?


DB Duke Ihenacho.


That kind of ticks me off. Nacho's at least got upside on the defensive side of the football. Leonhard has no upside there, and he wont be returning punts anymore.

I know Duke will be back on our practice squad if he's not claimed, but I wish they'd have just left him on the active roster, if for no other reason than the confidence.

They trust Leonard to play S more than him and if Holliday goes down he's there. He should be back on PS so its not really troubling.
dbronx42 wrote:


Trindon Holliday has done absolutely NOTHING in real NFL games. So what if he had 3 returns for TD's in the 3rd and 4th quarter of pre-season games. It's just funny you act like we got prime Devin Hester, when in reality the guy has done squat. No need to put down Eddie Royal to make Holliday seem better than he really is.

Preseason ST usually has makeshift units and a lot of errors are made. they dont even group the best ones together. Im interested in seeing what Holiday has but he wasnt doing well in Hou.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
PGeorge2


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 1709
Location: Columbia, MO
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Desean Jackson.............that's all I think about when I think about Eddie Royal.


Is Desean Jackson regarded that highly around the league? I find him as a straight bruner who doesn't do much else..
_________________

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5083
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I mean besides Eddie's three touchdowns or whatever, he was not good. If you think opposing teams were scared of Royal as a return man, you are wrong. One of the best in the AFC?

Desean Jackson.............that's all I think about when I think about Eddie Royal.


Gotta disagree with you. Eddies a solid returner, quite good actually.

11.9 average per return is really good.

Rick Upchurch(about the best I've ever seen) had a career 12.1 avg and scored 8 PR TD's. Thats 2.3 per 80 returns. Eddies just a hair behind with 2.0 per 80.

True, he's not as Electric as Upchurch but almost as effective.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Desean Jackson.............that's all I think about when I think about Eddie Royal.


Is Desean Jackson regarded that highly around the league? I find him as a straight bruner who doesn't do much else..


Well he has been right around 1000 yards receiving every year of his career. I would say he is possibly the best big play receiver in the game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I mean besides Eddie's three touchdowns or whatever, he was not good. If you think opposing teams were scared of Royal as a return man, you are wrong. One of the best in the AFC?

Desean Jackson.............that's all I think about when I think about Eddie Royal.


Gotta disagree with you. Eddies a solid returner, quite good actually.

11.9 average per return is really good.

Rick Upchurch(about the best I've ever seen) had a career 12.1 avg and scored 8 PR TD's. Thats 2.3 per 80 returns. Eddies just a hair behind with 2.0 per 80.

True, he's not as Electric as Upchurch but almost as effective.


Okay, I'm fine calling him solid. I'm surprised by that statistic because I predominantly remember him falling forward with a weak return more often than not. I'm just going off what I remember from 3-4 years of watching him, I haven't looked at the statistics.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonnyj20


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 10723
Location: SLC
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always root for the little guy. Here is to hoping that Trindon lights it up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group