Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herron blocked another punt yesterday. I think his roster spot is secure for a while.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rey has been playing better, i like the idea of Burfict moving inside, but does anyone see us resigning Howard and Rey, and moving Rey back to SLB?

I would love to get Mosley in the draft who can really run and cover TE's, Ogletree too if he can play OLB.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see hanging on to Howard and bring someone along slowly. marvin hates rookies playing anyway.

And Ogletree played DB in HS and two years in college. he played ILB to fill a need, not because he was a natural MLB.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
I could see hanging on to Howard and bring someone along slowly. marvin hates rookies playing anyway.

And Ogletree played DB in HS and two years in college. he played ILB to fill a need, not because he was a natural MLB.

Yes, I see us re-signing Howard if he heals up. Depends which DC we hire to replace Zimmer.

The bigger question for me is whether they re-sign Maualuga ?

Whoever we take, aint it sweet we got that OAK pick high in the second ! We could be spending OAK's #30's pick with Carson on the streets if he gets the chop.......
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Yes, I see us re-signing Howard if he heals up. Depends which DC we hire to replace Zimmer.

Whoever we take, aint it sweet we got that OAK pick high in the second ! We could be spending OAK's #30's pick with Carson on the streets if he gets the chop.......

For whatever reason, i get the feeling that Zimmer had his window close, which is more than fine with me. His name doesn't seem as hot right now. Plus, Brown made hime one of the top paid coordinators. I still say marvin moves into the front office and he takes over at some point. marvin's philosophy is closer to Zimmer's than Gruden's. If Gruden became HC, the offense would try to put up New England-like numbers.

I have said for weeks that I think they resign Rey Rey and put him at SLB. Maybe they resign Howard for cheap, who knows.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

For whatever reason, i get the feeling that Zimmer had his window close, which is more than fine with me. His name doesn't seem as hot right now. Plus, Brown made hime one of the top paid coordinators. I still say marvin moves into the front office and he takes over at some point. marvin's philosophy is closer to Zimmer's than Gruden's. If Gruden became HC, the offense would try to put up New England-like numbers.

I have said for weeks that I think they resign Rey Rey and put him at SLB. Maybe they resign Howard for cheap, who knows.

I know that's everyone's favorite scenario, but what basis in reality does it really have? Besides this forum, i have seen that 0 other times...

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Agree with all this 'IB'.

Zimmer must be pretty close to the top of the queue for HC hires. Who's looking; maybe ARZ, BUF, CLE, DET, JAX, KC, NO, OAK, SD, TB ?

How about Zim joining his son in NO ?

Zimmer's due, and I for one would be surprised if both co-ordinators are here next season. I'd like them both to stay put, but I doubt they will be......
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

I know that's everyone's favorite scenario, but what basis in reality does it really have? Besides this forum, i have seen that 0 other times...

What sucks is that scenario is so perfect. Marvin keeps control away from Brown and we can get a coach who can manage a game and make halftime adjustments. It would be amazing

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

To me Katie Blackburn seems like the CEO type, who will be great with numbers, but will have a limited GM-like insight. hence Marvin, whom Brown loves, would take the player side of things while Mike Brown (and later Katie) run the business side of things.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:

To me Katie Blackburn seems like the CEO type, who will be great with numbers, but will have a limited GM-like insight. hence Marvin, whom Brown loves, would take the player side of things while Mike Brown (and later Katie) run the business side of things.

But that scenario only happens when Mike Brown dies basically. He's no spring chicken, but even if he has 10 years left, Marvin is probably gone before that point. Coaches just don't last for 20 years.

I don't know for sure, but every time i see someone bring this up (Marvin as GM), i just roll my eyes and chalk it up to wishful thinking. I just don't see it happening until Mike is gone.

Talk to me when we start hearing news about his health failing.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Marvin as GM

Not sure about Marvin as a GM.

He might be able to put a good defence together, but I'm not sure about his offensive thinking..........
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Florida tonight for really the first time. Came away impressed with Elam. He was all over the field and great in run support. They said his best asset was his coverage ability. He mostly played deep from what I saw.

Has Taylor Mays tendencies and goes for the huge hit, he needs to wrap up better. Not sure if I like him at 22 or wherever, but if he is at 35 I would be all for it

Spartan300

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in another thread on here

Quote:
Watching Georgia play, I like Ogletree. He would be a great fit at OLB next to Burfict in the middle. He is a great athlete and would be a great coverage LB (He used to be a safety) and is also a nice blitzer. He does have several things to work on such as he has a tendency to play too high and he seems hesitant filling holes and reacting to plays. He is a boom or bust pick but especially if we keep Zimmer, he is worth it. Or we could package some picks and trade up and go for Jarvis Jones. He would give us our Von Miller on defense and give us our real difference maker in the back 7. We have a lot of needs but it might be worth considering. Players like him dont come along too often and he might fall a little with his health concerns.

Elam did play well last night and would love him with the Raiders pick.

1) Olgetree
2a) Elam
2b) RB
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
I posted this in another thread on here

Quote:
Watching Georgia play, I like Ogletree. He would be a great fit at OLB next to Burfict in the middle. He is a great athlete and would be a great coverage LB (He used to be a safety) and is also a nice blitzer. He does have several things to work on such as he has a tendency to play too high and he seems hesitant filling holes and reacting to plays. He is a boom or bust pick but especially if we keep Zimmer, he is worth it. Or we could package some picks and trade up and go for Jarvis Jones. He would give us our Von Miller on defense and give us our real difference maker in the back 7. We have a lot of needs but it might be worth considering. Players like him dont come along too often and he might fall a little with his health concerns.

Elam did play well last night and would love him with the Raiders pick.

1) Olgetree
2a) Elam
2b) RB

Ogletree, Elam, Bernard would be about the best situation possible. If Bernard is gone, maybe hope Kenjon Barner falls to us in rd 3

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Giovanni is gone, the next best option would be Ellington from Clemson. Barner is more like a complimentary back for rounds four or five.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14

Jump to: