Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ark23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
According to twitter, a source with the Bengals says we are all in for Lacy
I believe it, I really think we like him and I understand it. He's #25 on my big board and I have a late first round grade on him. I think he's the pick IF Fluker, Vaccaro and Cyprien aren't on the board. I'm hopeful Cyprien will be there, hopeful Fluker won't actually because I'm not high on Fluker.

Doubt Lacy makes it to 37. I think he's gone to Denver at 28 if he's there. If we wait till round two, Gio Bernard will probably be the pick.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my preference, but you can't deny that Lacy would be an upgrade.

That said, who in their right mind believes anything they are hearing right now? Unless said players are personally meeting with the team, any "Team X is all about Player Y" talk is more than likely smoke.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ark23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:

That said, who in their right mind believes anything they are hearing right now? Unless said players are personally meeting with the team, any "Team X is all about Player Y" talk is more than likely smoke.

If there's one guy I feel really confident about being a Bengal it's Reid Fragel. We met with him and worked him out just a day ago I believe, I think he's our third round pick, maybe fourth if he slips, though I doubt that occurs.

I agree. Smokescreens are in full effect, rumors are abound - who knows what will happen. I just hope that Cyprien is the pick at 21. It's clear Brown won't be the selection though he'd be my choice, Fluker is not someone I'm high on and no way Vaccaro makes it to 21.

Lacy would be a fine alternative, I like him a lot. But Cyprien got a top fifteen grade from me and I think he's an impact player who compliments Reggie Nelson well.

Although with some of Marvin's comments I wouldn't be surprised if Tank Carradine or D.J. Hayden is the pick at 21. My hope is though if Cyprien isn't there we move down. I don't anticipate it but maybe Arizona or Buffalo will wanna move up for a QB.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

If there's one guy I feel really confident about being a Bengal it's Reid Fragel. We met with him and worked him out just a day ago I believe, I think he's our third round pick, maybe fourth if he slips, though I doubt that occurs.

I agree. Smokescreens are in full effect, rumors are abound - who knows what will happen. I just hope that Cyprien is the pick at 21. It's clear Brown won't be the selection though he'd be my choice, Fluker is not someone I'm high on and no way Vaccaro makes it to 21.

Lacy would be a fine alternative, I like him a lot. But Cyprien got a top fifteen grade from me and I think he's an impact player who compliments Reggie Nelson well.

Although with some of Marvin's comments I wouldn't be surprised if Tank Carradine or D.J. Hayden is the pick at 21. My hope is though if Cyprien isn't there we move down. I don't anticipate it but maybe Arizona or Buffalo will wanna move up for a QB.

It looks like Atlanta will be trying to trade up tot he early 20's for god knows what. I'd love a move down if Cyprien is gone.

Right now, my wants in terms of prospects we will consider at 21:

1. Jonathan Cyprien
2. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Eddie Lacy
4. Matt Elam
5. DJ Hayden/Jamar Taylor
5. Tank Carradine
6. Eric Reid
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
frankbuncom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read this whole thread, so excuse me if I'm repeating, but would any of you give up our third to move up and take Vaccaro?
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankbuncom wrote:
I haven't read this whole thread, so excuse me if I'm repeating, but would any of you give up our third to move up and take Vaccaro?

Nope. The dropoff between Vaccaro to the next prospect isn't enough to make a move. Its such a deep class at safety, i think it's pointless.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
frankbuncom wrote:

Nope. The dropoff between Vaccaro to the next prospect isn't enough to make a move. Its such a deep class at safety, i think it's pointless.

I wouldnt and I love Vaccaro.

In the end i am 99% sure we take Lacy at 21 and i break something in my house

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:
frankbuncom wrote:

Don't fall for the smokescreen. We're not taking a RB with #21 overall. We're going safety unless Cyprien and Elam are both off the board somehow...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:
frankbuncom wrote:

Don't fall for the smokescreen. We're not taking a RB with #21 overall. We're going safety unless Cyprien and Elam are both off the board somehow...

I dont know. I like the pick at S. Most of the time we go against who I want and that is Lacy

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I dont know. I like the pick at S. Most of the time we go against who I want and that is Lacy

Generally it's a good idea to go against who you want. Razz

j/k, I agree with you. I'm usually off on the first round pick for the Bengals. Except AJ Green...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
frankbuncom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know...If Vaccaro is the guy you really, really want, why let a third-round pick stand in your way? Especially in a year when you'll still have two second-day picks.

That said, I don't think the Bengals will do it, because they almost never trade up. Call me crazy, but a little voice in my head says it will be Menelik Watson in round one, and then a safety at the top of round 2.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Generally it's a good idea to go against who you want. Razz

j/k, I agree with you. I'm usually off on the first round pick for the Bengals. Except AJ Green...

touche...#justsayin I wanted Dez Bryant over Gresham

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see us trading back and nabbing a S or Lacy in round 1. We won't trade out of the 1st, we like to have our players have longer deals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: