Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
We need offensive help more than defensive so I'd look at WR or RB before safeties to begin with. Vaccaro is a free safety and good in coverage but not much of a playmaker vs the run. Hell, we could probably bring back Clements or Crocker for better run defense than Vaccaro.

For our first round pick we should look for a player who is among the top 21 on our board and who improves the team the most. I don't rate any safeties that highly in this draft. Jarvis Jones would be an ideal pick though he'll probably be gone by 21. Keenan Allen or Cordarelle Patterson would be good picks. Maybe Eddie Lacy.

See I have Vacarro highly rated and think Allen and Lacy are big reaches. Lacy is not special. I dont want him at 21. Patterson I am ok with. But our S and LB need help more than O

Allen is arguably the best WR in this draft. I have heard that he is a faster anquan boldin. I can kinda believe that. If Allen or Patterson is there at 21, why would you pass on them when they are clearly bpa? even if Vaccaro or Ogletree is there. Now if someone else like Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo drops to 21, then I would consider taking them. As of right now, the Bengals will probably get 2 more picks and those can be used for needs on the roster. With all those picks, you should take the best player on the board at 21 regardless of position.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
We need offensive help more than defensive so I'd look at WR or RB before safeties to begin with. Vaccaro is a free safety and good in coverage but not much of a playmaker vs the run. Hell, we could probably bring back Clements or Crocker for better run defense than Vaccaro.

For our first round pick we should look for a player who is among the top 21 on our board and who improves the team the most. I don't rate any safeties that highly in this draft. Jarvis Jones would be an ideal pick though he'll probably be gone by 21. Keenan Allen or Cordarelle Patterson would be good picks. Maybe Eddie Lacy.

See I have Vacarro highly rated and think Allen and Lacy are big reaches. Lacy is not special. I dont want him at 21. Patterson I am ok with. But our S and LB need help more than O

Allen is arguably the best WR in this draft. I have heard that he is a faster anquan boldin. I can kinda believe that. If Allen or Patterson is there at 21, why would you pass on them when they are clearly bpa? even if Vaccaro or Ogletree is there. Now if someone else like Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo drops to 21, then I would consider taking them. As of right now, the Bengals will probably get 2 more picks and those can be used for needs on the roster. With all those picks, you should take the best player on the board at 21 regardless of position.

Because I don't know if those guys are clearly BPA. I have Vaccaro rated very highly and not really so high on Allen. We also have invested 2 good picks in WRs last year who looked good in limited time as a rookie. We desperately need a S. I don't know where the Bengals have the players ranked, but I don't think that those WRs are higher than S

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
sparky151 wrote:

Because I don't know if those guys are clearly BPA. I have Vaccaro rated very highly and not really so high on Allen. We also have invested 2 good picks in WRs last year who looked good in limited time as a rookie. We desperately need a S. I don't know where the Bengals have the players ranked, but I don't think that those WRs are higher than S

I agree that S is probably the biggest need, but this class is fairly deep at S and you could take one with one of the second rounders. I wouldnt mind taking Vaccaro if he is bpa but I am not that high on him at all and at 21, to me, that would be a reach especially if there are better players available like a patterson or allen or even cooper.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacarro is good, but the team doesn't value safeties in the first. As much as I liked Ogletree before the DUI, they don't like LBs in the first much either. If Patterson is there, he offers the most bang for the buck. Allen is a notch behind, but if he hadn't been injured and his brother could actually throw a football consistently, Allen's numbers would have pushed him back up boards.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Vacarro is good, but the team doesn't value safeties in the first. As much as I liked Ogletree before the DUI, they don't like LBs in the first much either. If Patterson is there, he offers the most bang for the buck. Allen is a notch behind, but if he hadn't been injured and his brother could actually throw a football consistently, Allen's numbers would have pushed him back up boards.

Ogletree could easily fall to 37 now

ark23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

I wouldn't take him there. Anywhere before our third round pick and I wouldn't take him. I'd be surprised if he fell there in the draft because he will light up the combine and he's an elite athlete but he's not worth a first or second round pick. Late third round guy.

Allen I feel similarly about. He's an early third round guy if you ask me. That knee injury is a serious concern, and when he runs (even at his pro day) I don't think he puts up better than a 4.50. Not good top end speed, doesn't have a lot of wiggle and benefitted a lot from working mostly out of the slot at Cal. He's got great hands, polished route runner - but can he create separation down the field? And can he make people miss in the open field/create YAC? I don't think so. His balance concerns me too. A lotta ankle tackles bring him down and he slips way too often.
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel as if shaggy, Bambi, Mr. Folgers, Milton, and Grandma would be the best fits for the Bengals.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

And I would sprint to the podium if I were Mike Brown.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

You mean, kinda like Maualuga did ?
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors so far, we have met with Swearinger and Geno Smith for sure. Smith is interesting asi don't see him at 21 or why we would take him, but I don't think it means anything to meet with these guys

Spartan300

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone sell me on Vacarro?
ark23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
Can someone sell me on Vacarro?

Valuable commodity in today's NFL. I have Cyprien graded a little higher but both are first round worth. Vaccaro is a very fluid player who has the ability to cover the slot at an elite level. You pop in the game against WVU and Vaccaro was matched up with Tavon Austin quite a bit and more than held his own. Fluid hips, smooth in and out of transitions and he flies downhill in space. Needs to get better at sinking his hips and tackling consistently in space but the tools are there. He has great instincts, smooth backpedal and he isn't afraid of contact. Numerous occasions I've seen him blow up blocks on bubble screens and make the play.

I think he's a guy I'd feel very comfortable taking at 21. He's gonna fill two positions on the roster because he can be a very good slot corner in your nickel package and a starting safety in base packages.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting on the Bengals pick at 20 in the Draft section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15931725#15931725

Cheers

GFW
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:

Once upon a time we didn't value guards or tight ends in the first either.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Once upon a time we didn't value guards or tight ends in the first either.

Yeah, once upon a time (and history is still against it with one first rounder at each position). But until we win the superbowl and live happily ever after, I still believe the team will wait until round 2 to address those two spots. Unless they fall in love with Brown, Vaccaro, or Ogletree, I won't believe it until i see it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: