Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
OK, if Barrett Jones is there at 22, I want us to draft him. He is bullying Louis Nix tonight.

He's been my darkhorse candidate for over a month in the mock draft threads. Are more people on board with this, depending on how the board falls draft day?

Yes, if he is BPA then you go with it. Our best O line was when we had a fantastic center. He can play any position on the line.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Spartan300

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
OK, if Barrett Jones is there at 22, I want us to draft him. He is bullying Louis Nix tonight.

He's been my darkhorse candidate for over a month in the mock draft threads. Are more people on board with this, depending on how the board falls draft day?

I'd be on board with that assuming no defensive player like Olgetree is there. You can never have too many good o-linemen.
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Yes, if he is BPA then you go with it. Our best O line was when we had a fantastic center. He can play any position on the line.
I'm not too high on Barrett. Don't think he'll be a center at the next level, and Nix did a good job against him. Jones doesn't have elite functional strength and he's not a really good athlete. I'd take him late round two because he's a cerebral player who can really help a QB but he's not a great athlete and I think that will hinder him though he is very much a technician.

I think he moves to OG at the next level.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else Te'o last night and just think he was Rey Maualuga 2.0?
futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is the best player on their board I would hope they take a center in the first round. I still miss Richie Braham and his sweet trucker stache.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:

Absolutely. Give me Ogletree or Arthur Brown any day

Hokie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have been watching a different game, as in no way, shape, or form did I think Jones got the better of Nix last night. Nix was the only ND defender who showed up last night. He was consistently pushing Jones 1-3 yards in the backfield but Lacy/Yeldon kept running off-tackle while the Irish couldn't tackle either to save their lives. I've watched more of Jones the last few weeks and am cooling off on him. He may be intelligent and versatile but gets pushed around too much, IMO. I greatly prefer his teammate, Warmack.

As for Te'o, believe me when I say that last night was arguably the worst game of his career. The guy is not Maualuga 2.0, though he may have looked it last night. Don't let one game completely ruin your evaluation of a prospect. Te'o is leaps and bounds better in pass coverage and has more leadership qualities in his left foot than Maualuga has in his entire body. He's nowhere near as good as Patrick Willis, but he'll be a solid NFL linebacker and leader for the next 10+ years.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Jones looks a stud to me. Teams will like his versatility, he can play all 5 spots across the line. Don't often get guys who can play C and OT at a high level. I suspect however The Bengals will persevere with a fully re-habbed Cook and developing Robinson.

From the coverage I've seen, if Jones and Warmack are both there @ 21, I take Warmack. He looks truly dominant.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
You can never have too many good o-linemen.

After watching the HOU game Saturday, we need approximately 5 good new ones.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:

Harsh. I am willing to go to camp with Robinson and a fully healthy Cook and let them compete. If warmack is there, i'd jump on him and hope a top LB slips to the top of the second.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:

Harsh. I am willing to go to camp with Robinson and a fully healthy Cook and let them compete. If warmack is there, i'd jump on him and hope a top LB slips to the top of the second.

Warmack, Arthur Brown and Tony Jefferson works for me

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:

Harsh.

Yeah....sorry ..... you're right. 4 then.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:

Absolutely. Give me Ogletree or Arthur Brown any day

I've been making the Teo = Maualuga comparison for a while now. Although Teo is better, he's similar to Rey.

Also Kevin Minter is my #1 ILB/MLB. I pray that we get him. He's going to be a stud. Would be happy with Arthur Brown as well. Ogletree, I see as more of a SLB than a MLB...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Also Kevin Minter is my #1 ILB/MLB. I pray that we get him. He's going to be a stud. Would be happy with Arthur Brown as well. Ogletree, I see as more of a SLB than a MLB...

So you arte leaving Burfict at the Will spot? Most of us are moving him inside and getting the SLB and WLB in the draft.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

So you arte leaving Burfict at the Will spot? Most of us are moving him inside and getting the SLB and WLB in the draft.

Burfict to MLB has to make sense. Apart from his play on the field, 'taze showed the coaches how quick he grasped the playbook, and was 'coaching' Maualuga thru the season.

Seems to me Burfict would be well capable of calling the plays on the field. Giving him that responsibility might also help keep his head on straight.

In terms of a SLB, Marvin likes his SLB's as big long converted DE types, (Pollock). Someone like Dion Jordan ticks that box and several others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: