Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Draft Reply with quote

I know its early but we are a third of the way through the season, so I have been thinking about who we need and what position we should look at early. I am thinking with our first few picks we need to go Saftey, DE, LB, RB and maybe even WR. We have the extra second from Oakland still and it should be early. What and who do you think we should get?
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say LB, S, DE, possibly RT if A Smith leaves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

I'm more than comfortable with Anthony Collins filling in at RT if A Smith leaves. I would sign a vet OT backup though in FA to fill his spot.

In terms of need LB is priority #1. After that I would say RB. Two positions that you generally don't want to draft in the first round though. Maybe go BPA in the first and then go LB and RB in the 2nd with our 2 picks in that round...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also kind of think we may need to get another CB early if David Emerson or Johnathan Banks were some how available I dont know if we could pass them up? I said last year that the CBs are finally starting to evolve like all the other positions did years ago. These 5'11 6'0 CBs wont cut it against this new breed of WR like Green and Calvin and Julio and Stephen Hill, the list is getting longer too, now guys who used to be considered safteys in high school and college because they where big and fast are starting to be developed as CBs and we are gonna need one on our team.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:
I also kind of think we may need to get another CB early if David Emerson or Johnathan Banks were some how available I dont know if we could pass them up? I said last year that the CBs are finally starting to evolve like all the other positions did years ago. These 5'11 6'0 CBs wont cut it against this new breed of WR like Green and Calvin and Julio and Stephen Hill, the list is getting longer too, now guys who used to be considered safteys in high school and college because they where big and fast are starting to be developed as CBs and we are gonna need one on our team.

We have one. He just needs to get onto the field. two wouldn't hurt, but other needs are more glaring.

Personally, I'd go RB or DE in the first (unless Te'o was there). There is great depth at DE, so unless MJ93 left, I'd lean towards a guy like Lattimore in the first, then grab the DE at the top of 2 and the LB later in two.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Position by position

QB - Good to go at starter. Not sure how much longer Bruce will be here, but I'd rather go veteran than draft for our backup. No draft need.

FB - I'm OK with Presley, but would not object if they wanted to upgrade. Zach Boren anyone? Not a draft need, but who knows.

RB - After a decent start, I have soured somewhat on BJGE. I also think it may be time to look into a replacement for Scott. A draft need. First 2 days possibly, and possibly 2 picks.

WR - I'm comfortable with what we have. But if someone slides to the point where he is a value, particularly on Saturday I'd be ok with that. No draft need.

TE - Top 2 are good to go. Might consider a late pick or CFA on a blocking TE. No draft need.

O-line - Not an early need unless Andre gets away. May want to upgrade Roland though. Possible late round need, to possible round 2 need.

D-Line - Depends on re-signing MJ93. If he gets away it's an early need. If he gets re-signed, I'm content, even if we lose Geathers. Possible draft need

MLB - I believe either Rey steps up and keeps the job, or Burfict moves to MLB next year. We also have Muck who is solid depth. No draft need. (I'm probably the only one who feels that way).

OLB - Early need. Lawson has regressed, and Howard is coming off a serious injury. I would consider this a first 2 picks need. Dontay Moch could change that, but I'm not holding my breath.

CB - I see this as an early need. None of our CBs can run with Wallace or Torey Smith. And I'm not entirely convinced Dre is a man CB. Hall is a solid #2 when at full strength. But if we could get a great CB in 1, I'd jump on that.

SS - Definite need. I don't see it in 1, but I'd love Vaccaro in 2.

P/K - No draft need.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

I'm more than comfortable with Anthony Collins filling in at RT if A Smith leaves. I would sign a vet OT backup though in FA to fill his spot.

In terms of need LB is priority #1. After that I would say RB. Two positions that you generally don't want to draft in the first round though. Maybe go BPA in the first and then go LB and RB in the 2nd with our 2 picks in that round...

Can't argue with LB as a big need, but R1 for me right now is DE. We all saw how poor our defence was with Dunlap missing, hopefully we let Geathers walk and he will need replacing, MJ93 is a free agent too, and the Giants have shown me time and time again that you just can't have enough good pass rushers.

Having said all that, I wouldn't be too upset if we gave LSU safety Eric Reid a long hard look if he's he's still there @ #32 Laughing
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB, DE, OLB x2, S, CB, C, QB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:

Yup, agree. That big MIA corner Sean Smith did a good job consecutive weeks v Larry Fitz and AJ Green, and if you want a big CB in this draft have a look at Xavier Rhodes from Florida State....6'2'' 217..... mmmmm

In fact looking at a couple of early draft boards, the top 4 CB propsects are all at least 6'1'', Dee Milliner, Jonathan Banks, David Amerson and Xavier Rhodes, Some big dudes this year.....

Last edited by LondonBengal on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
Position by position

QB - Good to go at starter. Not sure how much longer Bruce will be here, but I'd rather go veteran than draft for our backup. No draft need.

Gradkowski is a FA after this season. Perhaps we should take a back-up QB in R6, and develop the next Brady,
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was a good run. But when draft threads start popping up in here, i start to think the season is over.

Thanks guys. After the Reds blew their chance yesterday, you couldn't make me more depressed.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In fact looking at a couple of early draft boards, the top 4 CB propsects are all at least 6'1'', Dee Milliner, Jonathan Banks, David Amerson and Xavier Rhodes, Some big dudes this year....

Yea all the top guys are at least 6'1 and there are two others to add to that list the LSU kid Tharold Simon 6'2 and Micah Hyde Iowa 6'1.
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, it was a good run. But when draft threads start popping up in here, i start to think the season is over.

Thanks guys. After the Reds blew their chance yesterday, you couldn't make me more depressed.

We all know we have the least active thread anything to get people talking is good.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:
Quote:

We all know we have the least active thread anything to get people talking is good.

I know. I won't shut the conversation down. You guys can discuss the 2014 draft right after the next one ends for all i care. It just makes me depressed. Laughing

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed right though. If the Reds couldn't go on a run, what hope do the Bengals have?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: