Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

[GDT] Gmen @ Niners ... You dont wanna catch the VD
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: [GDT] Gmen @ Niners ... You dont wanna catch the VD Reply with quote

@

This 4:25 (EST) game features the 3-2 Giants at Candlestick Park versus the 4-1 49ers. The Giants coming off a strong win against the browns look to keep their momentum going into this match up. The 49ers coming off a devastating performance against the Bills look to keep their Super Bowl run going strong against the defending champions.

Matchups

Frank Gore

Gore rushing for over 400 yards so far on the season looks to attack the giants line coming off of weak performances against their previous match ups. Gore looks to prove that hes still a top back in the NFL and is going to put 110% of his effort into this game. Gore looks to gain over 80 yards like previous giant match ups. Hes also hoping to see the endzone once or twice on Sunday.

Ahmad Bradshaw

Bradshaw coming off a career game last Sunday gaining excatly 200 yards looks to keep this momentum against the best ranked rush D in the leauge. He isnt thinking he will put up the same performance but looks to out gain Gore in both yards and touchdowns. Bradshaw looking like he has taken back the starting job in NY is gonna have to prove that he deserves it. So you should fully expect a fantastic performance by Ahmad on Sunday.

Prediction

Giants 21 49ers 18

Ending with David Akers missing a 45+ FG

Not a Knicks fan
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not holding my breath on this one. A win would be sweet, but Ill settle for no more injuries

^Joe_is_the_best
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Not holding my breath on this one. A win would be sweet, but Ill settle for no more injuries

Id just like a really good game ... a win would be a bonus Laughing

Not a Knicks fan
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A win in Candelstick would be a HUGE statement to the NFL. Hoping these "hints" about Hakeem are accurate and that he will play. With him, we are a total nightmare for any secondary. Without him, we become fairly predictable.

Giants in a thriller, 27-26
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense has to be able to step up and stop VD and Gore. Without them, their offense is stifled big time. Have 0 confidence that the arm of Alex Smith and WRs Manningham, Crabtree, and ancient Moss can beat us.

On offense, we have to establish the run early if we don't have Nicks. That means keeping RBs fresh and cycling in Bradshaw and Wilson when we need to. Need to trust the rookie at some point. It would be great to have Brown for this game, but he's out. Without Nicks, the running game has to get going to set up play action. That defense is probably the best in the NFL. The ball has to get spread around.
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem with this match up is their front seven versus our offensive line. Not only will it be tough to run on, but Eli got crushed last year by that passrush. If we keep Eli upright, we have a chance to score some points because I'm not convinced that their secondary is all that great.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
The biggest problem with this match up is their front seven versus our offensive line. Not only will it be tough to run on, but Eli got crushed last year by that passrush. If we keep Eli upright, we have a chance to score some points because I'm not convinced that their secondary is all that great.

Im fully expecting this to be Eli's worse game ... The Niners D is so stacked, I just hope for an off game by them.

Not a Knicks fan
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicks vs Culliver NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!!!! Last year Nicks didn't really do that much damage against us, but Mr. Salsa had a field day. I am amazed at how well this team performs despite injury after injury every single season. Question, why does this team only have eight total sacks?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Nicks vs Culliver NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!!!! Last year Nicks didn't really do that much damage against us, but Mr. Salsa had a field day. I am amazed at how well this team performs despite injury after injury every single season. Question, why does this team only have eight total sacks?

Because Tuck and Osi have been sitting on their thumbs for the first quarter of the season. JPP and Linval Joseph are the only ones causing chaos but we're not going to get consistent pressure when we only rush four, and two of those guys aren't doing squat. Also, teams have been doing a lot of quick set drops to counter our pass-rush. Mostly, our d-line is underachieving, though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will be especially difficult to run on so I think this game comes down to entirely our passing game clicking and our offensive line protecting Eli for 3-5 seconds when he needs it.

Their rangy ILBs make it especially hard to pass down the middle of the field as well as passing it short.

Our offensive will be the x-factor. Either they will be responsible for us getting killed or be responsible for letting Eli do his thang. I don't see much success for any of our RBs in this one. No one runs well against the 49ers.

One of the marquee matchups of this year and a definite chance to make a loud statement. Even Green Bay doesn't scare me as much as the 49ers do.
be WARE94

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the giants take this one.....you don't bet against this giants team in a big game.....i hate to say it but it's true.....Eli lives for games like this

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for no good reason, have a good feeling about the Giants in this game. I feel like this is the kind of game they surprise me in.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
I, for no good reason, have a good feeling about the Giants in this game. I feel like this is the kind of game they surprise me in.

Yea we aren't the same team we were in the playoffs ... But Eli strives to perform well in games like these, so Ive just got my fingers crossed that we dont get beat by 40

Not a Knicks fan
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants are either gonna get their doors blown off or win a tight one. There is no in between with this team Laughing
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love a win but certainly not expecting one. I had this pegged as a loss as soon as the schedule came out. Traveling across the country to SF and beating them in their house is no easy feat. My concern as X said is minimizing injuries and playing well enough to keep up momentum going into the Washington and Dallas games.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: