Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Mock-->Playmakers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctp2124

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Quick Mock-->Playmakers Reply with quote

I think one reason why our defense has improved is our addition of playmakers to it. In addition to James and Chris, Quinn, Janoris, and Finnegan all have the ability to alter the game with a big defensive play. Our offense is seriously lacking this. Hopefully this mock would fix that:

1: Keenan Allen, WR, California
1: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
2: Kenny Vacarro, S, Texas
3: Dallas Thomas, OG, Tennessee
4: Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt
5. Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida
6. Devonte Holloman, OLB, South Carolina
7: Everett Dawkins, DT, Florida St.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
Summerz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't donemy prospect research yet, but it seems like you have covered all our needs in this draft.
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick Mock-->Playmakers Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
I think one reason why our defense has improved is our addition of playmakers to it. In addition to James and Chris, Quinn, Janoris, and Finnegan all have the ability to alter the game with a big defensive play. Our offense is seriously lacking this. Hopefully this mock would fix that:

I would assume that with this draft we aired up o line for instance through free agency. If so, I would love this draft. I think what we need is speed on offense as well. We only really have that in Givens.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick Mock-->Playmakers Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:

I'm not a fan of the Tavon Austin pick.

And I think Devonte will end up in the 3rd to 4th round. He's really athletic and is playing really well right now. If he keeps improving like he has, could end up being a 2nd rounder.(especially if he runs a 4.50 to 4.65 like expected)

There are also a couple safeties I'd prefer to Kenny Vacarro in the 2nd.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Summerz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like the idea of pulling the trigger on two receivers in the first round. Although highly unlikely, we need receivers and doubling our odds of finding a long time playmaker.
nodefense

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as there is an o-line that can keep Bradford healthy ? If not, who's gonna get the ball to these guys ?
ctp2124

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick Mock-->Playmakers Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:

And I think Devonte will end up in the 3rd to 4th round. He's really athletic and is playing really well right now. If he keeps improving like he has, could end up being a 2nd rounder.(especially if he runs a 4.50 to 4.65 like expected)

Do you not like Austin for the Rams or just in general? I really like him as a prospect.

What safety do you like better than Vacarro in the second? Assuming that Reid, McDonald, and Jefferson are taken in the first.

Props to mike23md

El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONT TALK ABOUT THE DRAFT. WERE NOT THAT BAD YET Laughing

BBL
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick Mock-->Playmakers Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:

Do you not like Austin for the Rams or just in general? I really like him as a prospect.

What safety do you like better than Vacarro in the second? Assuming that Reid, McDonald, and Jefferson are taken in the first.

I'm assuming Jefferson is there in the 2nd. If not, he's fine. Wouldn't mind Robert Lester either.

Don't like the Austin fit here. If there's something we have, it's slot WRs.

yrba1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've already drafted two receivers in a same draft for the previous two.
2011: Austin Pettis, Greg Salas
2012: Brian Quick, Chris Givens

Think
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yrba1 wrote:

Think

But we still need help at receiver. The fact that we have spent picks on WR before is irrelevant. It's a sunk cost. You have to forget about those picks and move on to trying to improve the team. I think we improve the team by giving Bradford more weapons.

Keenan will give us a number 1 target on the outside, and Tavon could have a Percy/DeSean role. He would be deadly on returns and give us a guy who could take any play the distance.

Props to mike23md

yrba1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
yrba1 wrote:

Think

But we still need help at receiver. The fact that we have spent picks on WR before is irrelevant. It's a sunk cost. You have to forget about those picks and move on to trying to improve the team. I think we improve the team by giving Bradford more weapons.

Keenan will give us a number 1 target on the outside, and Tavon could have a Percy/DeSean role. He would be deadly on returns and give us a guy who could take any play the distance.

I understand we still have issues at that position but IMO, I'd rather let Quick, Givens, and Pettis continue to develop while we keep Amendola at #3. I'd definitely look into getting Keenan Allen though, the guy has #1 WR talent written all over him.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
yrba1 wrote:

Think

But he plays the same position as Danny. I don't much care whether or not we go with 2 WRs in R1, I wouldn't but if we do, I won't complain. However, drafting a slot WR in R1? No thank you.

ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
yrba1 wrote:

Think

But he plays the same position as Danny. I don't much care whether or not we go with 2 WRs in R1, I wouldn't but if we do, I won't complain. However, drafting a slot WR in R1? No thank you.

I think because of Tavon's versatility that he can be effective while playing with Amendola.

Props to mike23md

El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Reid baby!!!!!!!!!

BBL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: