Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno vs. Trade down: Season Long Tracking. Week 6 Version
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

As of today, would you take Geno Smith or a Rams Style trade down.
Geno Smith
28%
 28%  [ 14 ]
Rams Style trade down
72%
 72%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 50

Author Message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 41724
Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
I'm on the "Either Smith or Jenkins" bandwagon.


Jenkins?

I assume you mean Jones.
_________________

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NateDawg


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 14782
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Clowney do against the run? I haven't seen enough of him in that capacity to know. I just know his size, so I'm curious. Right now, Sheard gets pulled on short yardage situations, so I'm hoping that whomever we get opposite of him is a stud who is a stopper against the run and also gets after the quarterback.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12171
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
How does Clowney do against the run? I haven't seen enough of him in that capacity to know. I just know his size, so I'm curious. Right now, Sheard gets pulled on short yardage situations, so I'm hoping that whomever we get opposite of him is a stud who is a stopper against the run and also gets after the quarterback.


I have watchec him a few times this year and I was impressed with how he played the rn for a pass rusher, he showed good pursuit and good technique. He has really improved himself since his freshman year when he was just out athleteing people
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EL Brownso


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 944
Location: Alamogordo, NM
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
How does Clowney do against the run? I haven't seen enough of him in that capacity to know. I just know his size, so I'm curious. Right now, Sheard gets pulled on short yardage situations, so I'm hoping that whomever we get opposite of him is a stud who is a stopper against the run and also gets after the quarterback.


He has 25 tackles and 11.5 TFL through 5 games... I think that's pretty good against the run. He can only improve.

But having said that, I hate the next year attitude, even more the wait till the year after next. I want some improvement now! Doubt we will get substantially better but something to work with. Can't wait to see the next 11 games of this year so we can evaluate our talent better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrownieTheElf


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 8370
Location: Erie, PA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
I'm on the "Either Smith or Jenkins" bandwagon.


Jenkins?

I assume you mean Jones.


Yes, my bad. I was thinking Gators at the same time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrobinson14


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 112
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I love geno smith, I think that it should be noted that in the first game where he was really under pressure from the defense that he wilted. I would take the trade. Gives us a second rounder, as well a couple picks to help out the future. We can definitely improve the talent level if we have multiple firsts.
_________________
Adopt-A-Brown: Travis Benjamin
Stats: 9 Catches, 134 Yds., TD; 5 Carries, 51 Yds.; 2 KR, 47 Yds.; 2 PR, 56 Yds.; 2 tackles



Props to NickZamba for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16246
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the success we had throwing the ball in the craziest winds Lake Erie can muster, I don't see how anyone can deny Weeden is the right QB for this franchise for the forseeable future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13235
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
After seeing the success we had throwing the ball in the craziest winds Lake Erie can muster, I don't see how anyone can deny Weeden is the right QB for this franchise for the forseeable future.


I love reading this.

Mainly because I know its true.

Ladies and Gents. He may be 29 years old, but we have ourselves a quarterback.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
mrobinson14


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 112
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
After seeing the success we had throwing the ball in the craziest winds Lake Erie can muster, I don't see how anyone can deny Weeden is the right QB for this franchise for the forseeable future.


I love reading this.

Mainly because I know its true.

Ladies and Gents. He may be 29 years old, but we have ourselves a quarterback.


I agree. That's why I disagree with most mockers. They believe that because we have given up on QBs before, that weeden is another QB that well just throw into the wind. I really think that we will stick with weeden for now. I think we need to build the defense as well as get SURE-HANDED RECEIVERS. No more in the hands, out of the hands. We MUST catch the ball. I think Haslem will be the guy who is making this train go, which is how it should be. He will not stand by and watch the team flounder in futility. Trust me Cleveland, WE WILL GET BETTER.
_________________
Adopt-A-Brown: Travis Benjamin
Stats: 9 Catches, 134 Yds., TD; 5 Carries, 51 Yds.; 2 KR, 47 Yds.; 2 PR, 56 Yds.; 2 tackles



Props to NickZamba for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20069
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to favorite this thread so i can include it in the next one.

As it stands now, 2/3 of us want to trade down and keep Weeden.

I like it
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Moderator
Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5790
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I will have to favorite this thread so i can include it in the next one.

As it stands now, 2/3 of us want to trade down and keep Weeden.

I like it


If we win afew more, I may fall out of favor of a trade down.

You should make a thread with the top names being thrown around here about who we should target. Jones, Poyer, Werner, etc.

The top end of this draft sucks. but good depth after 10 or so into the second round it looks like.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20069
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
I will have to favorite this thread so i can include it in the next one.

As it stands now, 2/3 of us want to trade down and keep Weeden.

I like it


If we win afew more, I may fall out of favor of a trade down.

You should make a thread with the top names being thrown around here about who we should target. Jones, Poyer, Werner, etc.

The top end of this draft sucks. but good depth after 10 or so into the second round it looks like.


If we win more, you would advocate taking Smith?

Don't forget, the trade down would not be out of the top 5. We would still get a top player.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Moderator
Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5790
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
I will have to favorite this thread so i can include it in the next one.

As it stands now, 2/3 of us want to trade down and keep Weeden.

I like it


If we win afew more, I may fall out of favor of a trade down.

You should make a thread with the top names being thrown around here about who we should target. Jones, Poyer, Werner, etc.

The top end of this draft sucks. but good depth after 10 or so into the second round it looks like.


If we win more, you would advocate taking Smith?

Don't forget, the trade down would not be out of the top 5. We would still get a top player.


no no no...

If we win more, thus not being able to take Smith at all, also pushing our draft pick down, I would fall out of favor trading down farther. I think.

I know that comment is outside of the OP, but I though I would share. I think we are finally getting to point point where the Browns are building quality depth and growing starters. Having less need for quantity. If we win 3-5 more games. I'd rather stay put and take Jones or Poyer.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 10895
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
I will have to favorite this thread so i can include it in the next one.

As it stands now, 2/3 of us want to trade down and keep Weeden.

I like it


If we win afew more, I may fall out of favor of a trade down.

You should make a thread with the top names being thrown around here about who we should target. Jones, Poyer, Werner, etc.

The top end of this draft sucks. but good depth after 10 or so into the second round it looks like.


If we win more, you would advocate taking Smith?

Don't forget, the trade down would not be out of the top 5. We would still get a top player.


no no no...

If we win more, thus not being able to take Smith at all, also pushing our draft pick down, I would fall out of favor trading down farther. I think.

I know that comment is outside of the OP, but I though I would share. I think we are finally getting to point point where the Browns are building quality depth and growing starters. Having less need for quantity. If we win 3-5 more games. I'd rather stay put and take Jones or Poyer.


I haven't seen enough of Poyer to say if I really like him or not. If Jones were available, then I'd want the Browns to take him. If he's gone, then I'd probably want the Browns to trade down a few spots.
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12171
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bulldog wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
I will have to favorite this thread so i can include it in the next one.

As it stands now, 2/3 of us want to trade down and keep Weeden.

I like it


If we win afew more, I may fall out of favor of a trade down.

You should make a thread with the top names being thrown around here about who we should target. Jones, Poyer, Werner, etc.

The top end of this draft sucks. but good depth after 10 or so into the second round it looks like.


If we win more, you would advocate taking Smith?

Don't forget, the trade down would not be out of the top 5. We would still get a top player.


no no no...

If we win more, thus not being able to take Smith at all, also pushing our draft pick down, I would fall out of favor trading down farther. I think.

I know that comment is outside of the OP, but I though I would share. I think we are finally getting to point point where the Browns are building quality depth and growing starters. Having less need for quantity. If we win 3-5 more games. I'd rather stay put and take Jones or Poyer.


I haven't seen enough of Poyer to say if I really like him or not. If Jones were available, then I'd want the Browns to take him. If he's gone, then I'd probably want the Browns to trade down a few spots.


I didn't know much bout him either then kam and candy turned me into him. I was very impressed
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group