Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno vs. Trade down: Season Long Tracking. Week 6 Version
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

As of today, would you take Geno Smith or a Rams Style trade down.
Geno Smith
28%
 28%  [ 14 ]
Rams Style trade down
72%
 72%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 50

Author Message
bulldog


Moderator
Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5777
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proposed question in the op is would you rather have a rams style trade down or not. Not if the trade is possible or not.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16033
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Atkins > Geno Smith...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15120
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
I'd take Smith and not let him play as a rookie. See what Weeden can do, keep Smith off the field, if Weeden plays like a top 10 QB, Smith's trade value would still be very high, if Weeden is a middle of the road NFL QB or worse, bring Smith in for 2014 and let Weeden move to back up.

I believe this team has enough talent at other positions on offense that in 2013 it would be fine to draft another 1st round QB.

I wouldn't be that upset with a trade down, I just think Smith, if he isn't given the opportunity to hurt his trade value during the 2013 season, could still fetch us a 1st rounder before the 2014 season if we were to stay with Weeden.

I also don't believe the trade down market will be anywhere near as good for us as it was for the Rams this past year. The only team I can think of that may be willing to make that kind of move for the #1 pick would be K.C. If it's only 1 team trying to make a move, I don't see us getting the type of deal St. Louis did.


Not a terrible idea.

Though i think his value would greatly decrease from one year to the next.

The hype train wouldn't be as large and some teams in a good spot to get him may have made other arrangements that they would be forced to stick with.


I think the Jags could be ready to give up on sunshine so there is two teams that could want Smith. Plus there must be more teams that could consider a trade for a QB.

What we need most of all is for the other QB's to look bad so that Geno is the clear number one and then there is a drop off. Then if we have the first pick it's a win win. Weather we trade or keep him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3785
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Geno Smith.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 25349
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Look if we do end p taking Geno, I will cheer my ace off for him, Idk what it is I would jst rather take the trade down.


I feel you. I root for Brandon Weeden to make me look like a boob every weekend.


I feel he has improved each week. CB is a far bigger need imo


I don't believe Weeden will develop into a franchise QB, so obviously I disagree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pruitt3443


Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 464
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Smith and think he will end up being way better than Weeden but we have made our investment and have way too many other holes if we can get a similar cache of picks to what the redskins gave up.

Take the picks to help fix the D, and pick up a veteran non-diva WR to help the young receivers we have and let Weeden and the young guys on the team continue to develop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Productiondawg


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 409
Location: Cincinnati
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Drew_Carey"]
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I remember being at the Syracuse WV game last year when they absolutely shut down Geno


yeah, he only threw for 338 yards - 58.5% 2 tds and 2 picks... 134 QB rating.

just before it LSU shut him down too... 463 yards - 58%, 2 tds and 2 picks... 122.3 qb rating. ... which by the way Geno put more yards against LSU's defense than any other including #3 Oregon and #2 Alabama.


His stats dont tell the story of the game, He was uunder pressre all game, looked very uneasy, Cuse beat them down that game so he pretty much had to thrw the whole game
under pressure all game... NFL DE will do that to you.

texas had 2 of them the other week, Geno was under pressure that game too. He put 48 points with a 173.5 qb rating...

Not only was he very good in the past, but he is learning and getting even better....



I'm not trying to argue, and he did look impressive against their defensive line, but he did not pu up 48 points against them. You can't forget about the 207 yards and two touchdowns by the running back. You can look damn good when your running back runs that we'll, ask Eli.
_________________
"If you can't stand the neural activity, than stay out of the neural activator" -Professor Fink  

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 19693
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point of these threads will not only be to have conversations about this, but also watch the progression of the mindset of this forum.

This week it could be 70-30 in favor of trade down

2 weeks from now it could be 50-50

It will just be fun to see how our fickle little minds change.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12134
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
The point of these threads will not only be to have conversations about this, but also watch the progression of the mindset of this forum.

This week it could be 70-30 in favor of trade down

2 weeks from now it could be 50-50

It will just be fun to see how our fickle little minds change.


It probably doesn't help that our forum maybe the list bi polar of all of them hahaha
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StewieRules


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 1614
Location: jacksonville
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add a bit to the discussion - which is a good one IMO - I saw this, Vic Carucci answering an email question -

"The Browns already are receiving their share of respect for the drafting they’ve done and for how well they have competed against some of the top teams in the league this season. I am in frequent contact with national media types – many of whom are former NFL coaches, club executives, and players – and to a man, they are quick to talk about how impressed they are with Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.....they are thoroughly impressed with Weeden’s passing arm and ability to consistently make big throws and move the team in crucial areas."

Whole article is here

http://blogs.clevelandbrowns.com/2012/10/11/plenty-of-reasons-to-stay-hopeful/

So, we're not the only ones noticing Weeden's potential - I think we trade down at the height of the drafting frenzy for Smith and finish the re-build
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12134
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
To add a bit to the discussion - which is a good one IMO - I saw this, Vic Carucci answering an email question -

"The Browns already are receiving their share of respect for the drafting they’ve done and for how well they have competed against some of the top teams in the league this season. I am in frequent contact with national media types – many of whom are former NFL coaches, club executives, and players – and to a man, they are quick to talk about how impressed they are with Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.....they are thoroughly impressed with Weeden’s passing arm and ability to consistently make big throws and move the team in crucial areas."

Whole article is here

http://blogs.clevelandbrowns.com/2012/10/11/plenty-of-reasons-to-stay-hopeful/

So, we're not the only ones noticing Weeden's potential - I think we trade down at the height of the drafting frenzy for Smith and finish the re-build


Nice find stewie
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dawgdish


Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 2342
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams style trade.

If we end up getting a #2 this year to replace the one we used on Gordon plus extra 1sts for the next 2 years, I think we can do a lot to add to what we've already begun to build. Weeden looks like he could be the guy, why start completely from scratch again?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 19693
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
StewieRules wrote:
To add a bit to the discussion - which is a good one IMO - I saw this, Vic Carucci answering an email question -

"The Browns already are receiving their share of respect for the drafting they’ve done and for how well they have competed against some of the top teams in the league this season. I am in frequent contact with national media types – many of whom are former NFL coaches, club executives, and players – and to a man, they are quick to talk about how impressed they are with Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.....they are thoroughly impressed with Weeden’s passing arm and ability to consistently make big throws and move the team in crucial areas."

Whole article is here

http://blogs.clevelandbrowns.com/2012/10/11/plenty-of-reasons-to-stay-hopeful/

So, we're not the only ones noticing Weeden's potential - I think we trade down at the height of the drafting frenzy for Smith and finish the re-build


Nice find stewie


Agreed


Funny that the people that do this for a living are impressed and the arm chair QB's with no patience aren't.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 41511
Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am starting to come to the conclusion I want to trade down.

The reason why is because I think Jarvis Jones will be an absolute beast in the NFL and I would feel sick if we passed on him.
_________________

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12134
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I think I am starting to come to the conclusion I want to trade down.

The reason why is because I think Jarvis Jones will be an absolute beast in the NFL and I would feel sick if we passed on him.


Jones this year clowney next year yes please! Line them up on the same side and just go
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group