Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno vs. Trade down: Season Long Tracking. Week 6 Version
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

As of today, would you take Geno Smith or a Rams Style trade down.
Geno Smith
28%
 28%  [ 14 ]
Rams Style trade down
72%
 72%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 50

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I remember being at the Syracuse WV game last year when they absolutely shut down Geno

yeah, he only threw for 338 yards - 58.5% 2 tds and 2 picks... 134 QB rating.

just before it LSU shut him down too... 463 yards - 58%, 2 tds and 2 picks... 122.3 qb rating. ... which by the way Geno put more yards against LSU's defense than any other including #3 Oregon and #2 Alabama.

His stats dont tell the story of the game, He was uunder pressre all game, looked very uneasy, Cuse beat them down that game so he pretty much had to thrw the whole game though.

Sounds like our offense

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I remember being at the Syracuse WV game last year when they absolutely shut down Geno

just before it LSU shut him down too... 463 yards - 58%, 2 tds and 2 picks... 122.3 qb rating. ... which by the way Geno put more yards against LSU's defense than any other including #3 Oregon and #2 Alabama.

His stats dont tell the story of the game, He was uunder pressre all game, looked very uneasy, Cuse beat them down that game so he pretty much had to thrw the whole game though.

under pressure all game... NFL DE will do that to you.

texas had 2 of them the other week, Geno was under pressure that game too. He put 48 points with a 173.5 qb rating...

Not only was he very good in the past, but he is learning and getting even better....
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Sounds like our offense

Yeah. If your a Browns QB you better be able to deal with pressure Embarassed
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

texas had 2 of them the other week, Geno was under pressure that game too. He put 48 points with a 173.5 qb rating...

Not only was he very good in the past, but he is learning and getting even better....

Just giving my first hand experience of that game thats all

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Just giving my first hand experience of that game thats all

Dont get me wrong, that is great!! I wish I could have been there... I would have bought the first round.

I wasnt a huge Geno fan before this year... I had seen him play plenty of times and knew he was good, but didnt think a whole lot about it as far as the Browns were concerned... But I didnt realize how good he was going to be this year... Ive seen the Baylor and the Texas game and he looked amazing in both. Looks better than RG3 and Luck looked last year.

definitely worth watching more of him. That Kansas State (#6 currently) game in WV is going to be nuts.... I might even look for tickets! haha.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my bds gets Season tickets for Syracuse every year, not a bad deal 100 bucks for all the home games, 3rd level endzone. I just didnt come away from that game saying wow this is someone who we need to have. Dont get me wrong I am impressed with what he is doing and that Baylor gae was impressive, I just take a lil bit away from it becasue Baylor's D isnt exactly rock solid.

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Me and my bds gets Season tickets for Syracuse every year, not a bad deal 100 bucks for all the home games, 3rd level endzone. I just didnt come away from that game saying wow this is someone who we need to have. Dont get me wrong I am impressed with what he is doing and that Baylor gae was impressive, I just take a lil bit away from it becasue Baylor's D isnt exactly rock solid.

Well, RG3 played like an average QB against a crappy Washington defense and Andrew Luck had numerous bad games in 2010.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look if we do end p taking Geno, I will cheer my ace off for him, Idk what it is I would jst rather take the trade down.

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Look if we do end p taking Geno, I will cheer my ace off for him, Idk what it is I would jst rather take the trade down.

I feel you. I root for Brandon Weeden to make me look like a boob every weekend.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Smith and not let him play as a rookie. See what Weeden can do, keep Smith off the field, if Weeden plays like a top 10 QB, Smith's trade value would still be very high, if Weeden is a middle of the road NFL QB or worse, bring Smith in for 2014 and let Weeden move to back up.

I believe this team has enough talent at other positions on offense that in 2013 it would be fine to draft another 1st round QB.

I wouldn't be that upset with a trade down, I just think Smith, if he isn't given the opportunity to hurt his trade value during the 2013 season, could still fetch us a 1st rounder before the 2014 season if we were to stay with Weeden.

I also don't believe the trade down market will be anywhere near as good for us as it was for the Rams this past year. The only team I can think of that may be willing to make that kind of move for the #1 pick would be K.C. If it's only 1 team trying to make a move, I don't see us getting the type of deal St. Louis did.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I feel you. I root for Brandon Weeden to make me look like a boob every weekend.

I feel he has improved each week. CB is a far bigger need imo

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
I'd take Smith and not let him play as a rookie. See what Weeden can do, keep Smith off the field, if Weeden plays like a top 10 QB, Smith's trade value would still be very high, if Weeden is a middle of the road NFL QB or worse, bring Smith in for 2014 and let Weeden move to back up.

I believe this team has enough talent at other positions on offense that in 2013 it would be fine to draft another 1st round QB.

I wouldn't be that upset with a trade down, I just think Smith, if he isn't given the opportunity to hurt his trade value during the 2013 season, could still fetch us a 1st rounder before the 2014 season if we were to stay with Weeden.

I also don't believe the trade down market will be anywhere near as good for us as it was for the Rams this past year. The only team I can think of that may be willing to make that kind of move for the #1 pick would be K.C. If it's only 1 team trying to make a move, I don't see us getting the type of deal St. Louis did.

Not a terrible idea.

Though i think his value would greatly decrease from one year to the next.

The hype train wouldn't be as large and some teams in a good spot to get him may have made other arrangements that they would be forced to stick with.

bungleodeon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

Not a terrible idea.

The hype train wouldn't be as large and some teams in a good spot to get him may have made other arrangements that they would be forced to stick with.

If Charlie Whitehurst and Kevin Kolb can get their original team the type of returns that they did, I have to imagine a unanimous #1 QB prospect can get quite a bit more a year after he was drafted. That's really my line of thinking, although I can't think of a single example of that situation ever happening.

Hell, an above 30 Carson Palmer got the Bengals a 1st round pick.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

Not a terrible idea.

If Charlie Whitehurst and Kevin Kolb can get their original team the type of returns that they did, I have to imagine a unanimous #1 QB prospect can get quite a bit more a year after he was drafted. That's really my line of thinking, although I can't think of a single example of that situation ever happening.

Hell, an above 30 Carson Palmer got the Bengals a 1st round pick.

I hear ya

I just have a hard time imagining a guy who sits a year, still fetching 3 1sts and a 2nd after that year is up. Come the following draft, teams could fall in love with another really hyped up QB and figure they should just risk 1 1st rounder instead of all that.

bungleodeon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

I hear ya

I just have a hard time imagining a guy who sits a year, still fetching 3 1sts and a 2nd after that year is up. Come the following draft, teams could fall in love with another really hyped up QB and figure they should just risk 1 1st rounder instead of all that.

I don't think we'd get that kind of trade for him. We'd certainly get more trading the pick that drafted him than we would trading him after we drafted him. But trading the #1 overall pick a year later for, say, the #13 pick and a 3rd+5th would be good enough value for me. We would have a long term insurance policy in case Weeden isn't good, but we'd also have a good piece of trade bait in case Weeden plays great.

Anyone else we take with the #1 overall pick wouldn't hold that kind of trade value over a season, so we would have to use it for an immediate impact player or trade down. Like I said, I don't think we'll be getting the same kind of offers St. Louis got because there is a lot less competition this year for the top QB prospects. I can't think of any team that would be willing to make a huge trade for the #1 QB prospect outside of K.C. Last year, there were at least 3, maybe 4 teams that were willing to trade with St. Louis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: