Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The next Clark Hunt bogus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: The next Clark Hunt bogus Reply with quote

Quote:
Clark Hunt Addresses Chiefs Fans

Statement from Chairman & CEO Clark Hunt on Kansas City Chiefs Fans

Over the last few days, there has been a lot of talk about our fans, and I feel like itís important to set the record straight.

I know our fans. They are passionate, hardworking, loyal, educated football fans, and they are the heart and soul of the Arrowhead experience. They know cheering an injury to anyone in any stadium is unacceptable.

I want to make it perfectly clear:

A small few who may have cheered when Matt went down do not accurately represent the best fans in the National Football League. Period.

Whoever in the PR department wrote this crap needs to be fired immediately. I'm not a press guy but I represent someone/something in a pretty high ranking gremium. If I said anything close to that I'd be gone the same day.

Have a closer look: He's addressing the fans on the Chiefs' web site. And he talks about them in third person? He' not saying: I know YOU. I know those bumheads are not representative for YOU. And so on.

Whom is he thinking he's talking to? The general public? Good Lord, let it rain some brain.

On the other hand: He does not even bother to address the sentiment that a change at the QB position was welcome. The banner they flew over Arrowhead is another strong indicator. And he does not even care to back up his QB? Uuugghh ... call it a vote of confidence for Cassel.

This franchise right now stinks it up from the very top - and the guy in charge is stupid enough to prove it himself.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't that a statement for the public ON the Chiefs fans...why would it be for us? We already know that the few who cheered are not representative of the majority of the fan base.

I know I already saw that somewhere not on the Chiefs website. He's setting the record straight for all those who ARE NOT Chiefs fans, what's wrong with that?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Wasn't that a statement for the public ON the Chiefs fans...why would it be for us? We already know that the few who cheered are not representative of the majority of the fan base.

I know I already saw that somewhere not on the Chiefs website. He's setting the record straight for all those who ARE NOT Chiefs fans, what's wrong with that?

Yeah I am with Rage here. I don't think Hunt was talking to us, but rather for us. He was defending our actions to the media and to the public as a whole.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

If that would appear on say the KC Star or NFL.com - fine. But the mothership primarily serves one audience: KCChiefs fans. So if he says it there he has to address the fans themselves - directly.

Utterly unprofessional performance on a highly publicized issue. Bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: