Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Glenn Dorsey
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EB29

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Considering where he was drafted (5th overall) the word BUST could easily be used. However, he has been playing out of position as a DE, his skill set has always been suited more to that of a 4-3 DT. As a 3-4 DE he has been nothing more than average.

He is a bust no question for me about that. Others might disagree because he is a solid/average role player I just don't see anything but bust.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
I think we will let Dorsey walk. We need to focus on resigning BOTH Bowe and Albert at all costs. We can not lose those 2 guys. Tyson Jackson needs to restructure his contract and Dorsey will hit free agency and sign with a 4-3 team. I thought Allen Bailey looked pretty good starting against the ravens. Bailey is a much better pass rusher than Dorsey, and their seemed to not be much of a drop off in run defense. A 2013 D line of Jackson, Poe, and Bailey would be fine with me.

As far as the draft goes- it has to be a QB no matter what. I don't care if it is Geno smith, Tyler Wilson, or Matt Barkley.... either of those 3 guys would make the chiefs a championship caliber team.

I think we should use our 2nd round pick on a corner to start opposite flowers. 3rd rounder we should get a ILB to at least challenge Belcher for the starting job. those 3 moves (along with bringing bowe and albert back) would set this team up really well for the short and long term.

It's funny you mention those three positions because I think there could be several excellent options in round 2 thru 3 and even 4 to address cornerback, inside linebacker, and safety. But you are right, everything hinges on having Bowe and Albert locked up. I don't want to screw over a rookie QB by giving him an offense that is weaker than the one Cassel failed to be successful with. That would be the ultimate travesty.

Good to know. I haven't really started looking at the draft too much yet, but I really Like the corner from virginia tech. I have no idea if he will be available in the 2nd, but I love his game.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
I think we will let Dorsey walk. We need to focus on resigning BOTH Bowe and Albert at all costs. We can not lose those 2 guys. Tyson Jackson needs to restructure his contract and Dorsey will hit free agency and sign with a 4-3 team. I thought Allen Bailey looked pretty good starting against the ravens. Bailey is a much better pass rusher than Dorsey, and their seemed to not be much of a drop off in run defense. A 2013 D line of Jackson, Poe, and Bailey would be fine with me.

As far as the draft goes- it has to be a QB no matter what. I don't care if it is Geno smith, Tyler Wilson, or Matt Barkley.... either of those 3 guys would make the chiefs a championship caliber team.

I think we should use our 2nd round pick on a corner to start opposite flowers. 3rd rounder we should get a ILB to at least challenge Belcher for the starting job. those 3 moves (along with bringing bowe and albert back) would set this team up really well for the short and long term.

It's funny you mention those three positions because I think there could be several excellent options in round 2 thru 3 and even 4 to address cornerback, inside linebacker, and safety. But you are right, everything hinges on having Bowe and Albert locked up. I don't want to screw over a rookie QB by giving him an offense that is weaker than the one Cassel failed to be successful with. That would be the ultimate travesty.

If they're worth anything at all they'll do just fine...you can't screw over a GOOD rookie QB these days...even Weeden's doing alright now. Cassel has arguably the best offensive supporting cast in the league and is still the worst rated QB...that's a mouthful, he's far worse than any rookie coming out in the 1st round next year. At this point, it's hard to see him getting anything but a 3rd string job from anyone other than the Chiefs, yet we're probly going back to him when healthy. lol

I wouldn't mind keeping Dorsey if the price is right, cuz I really don't want to draft another DE. If Bailey progresses and we maintain good depth then i'm sure we'll be fine without him and won't have to draft anyone high.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Good to know. I haven't really started looking at the draft too much yet, but I really Like the corner from virginia tech. I have no idea if he will be available in the 2nd, but I love his game.

You are talking about Kyle Fuller - I really like him and have talked about him in the draft forum. Fuller is a junior and if he declares it will likely because he is projected in round 1 or round 2 at worst. There could be some quality cornerbacks that end up being available in the top half of round 2. A couple of linebackers I think could project well to 3-4 inside linebacker that could be available at some point during or after round 3 would be Demetrius Hartsfield from Maryland along with Jake Knott and A.J. Klein from Iowa State to name just three. I think Knott could be a real sleeper and I know there are several posters in the draft forum that really like him. Blue collar with great instincts in run defense and pass coverage.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

If they're worth anything at all they'll do just fine...you can't screw over a GOOD rookie QB these days...even Weeden's doing alright now. Cassel has arguably the best offensive supporting cast in the league and is still the worst rated QB...that's a mouthful, he's far worse than any rookie coming out in the 1st round next year. At this point, it's hard to see him getting anything but a 3rd string job from anyone other than the Chiefs, yet we're probly going back to him when healthy. lol

I wouldn't mind keeping Dorsey if the price is right, cuz I really don't want to draft another DE. If Bailey progresses and we maintain good depth then i'm sure we'll be fine without him and won't have to draft anyone.

Ummm, ok. I was talking about what a travesty it would be to have a rookie come in and not have Bowe or Albert and deal with an offense that might end up taking a step depending on the offseason additions/subtractions. I wouldn't just assume that drafting and immediately inserting a rookie into the lineup will guarantee success.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't, it simply guarantees a better (scoring) offense than we had with Cassel. But, yes it would be a travesty to lose either Bowe or Albert.

Look at some of the teams that score more points per game than us:
Titans
Jets
BROWNS-rookie
Bucs
Dolphins-rookie
Colts-rookie
Bills
Vikings
Redskins-rookie

Other than scoring, we are 4th in total offense, 3rd in 1st downs, and 3rd in third down %.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: