Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Encouraging statistic: Keep your heads up, Seahawks fans!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Encouraging statistic: Keep your heads up, Seahawks fans! Reply with quote

Teams from list below selected from list here:
http://tinyurl.com/adrmq9w

"In a single game, from 1978 to 2012, in the playoffs, team lost game, requiring Points Differential >= -3, sorted by ascending Score margin after 3 Qtrs." (1978 is the beginning of 16-game seasons I think..)

The following year, teams in these situations down by 10 or more in the 3rd went (4-4) for winning the SB the next year, (5-3) in reaching it..

The three DNQs all had a form of collapse to them.. the Rams and Steelers obviously had a collapse record-wise, but also at the QB position..

In 2002, Marc Bulger had a good stretch for the Rams, but Warner absolutely collapsed that year throwing 3 touchdowns against 11 picks and posting a 67.4 passer rating.. they also had a 32-year old QB named Jamie Martin play fairly poorly based off the overall stats.. (for whatever it's worth, the Rams that year were 6-1 in games Bulger started, 1-8 in games he didn't, the 1 win coming from a game where the starting QB Covington got hurt (?), and Martin came in and played decent, and they outscored SF 28-3 in the 4th down 17-3 in the 3rd)

The 1998 Steelers also had a QB collapse, getting a 62.8 passer rating from Kordell Stewart (64.3 overall), who posted 11 tds vs 18 picks (13-20 total).. regardless they actually started off 3-1 to 5-2 to 7-4, before losing their 5 games to finish 7-9

Finally, the 2005 Chargers were 8-4 and 9-5 at one point in their season, only to lose 3 of their last 4, and their last two to finish 9-7.. (they were also 0-2, 2-3, and 3-4 at one point also, however)

in those final 2 games they lost 7-20 and 7-23..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the most part, the history above suggests the Seahawks will either A) go to the Super Bowl next season (with a high probability of winning also perhaps) or B) collapse..

Do you think the Seahawks are going to collapse? If not..

(Also, the Seahawks were arguably very well a SB contender this year, and could have marched straight to the SB if they had homefield advantage, they might have been 8-0 at home this year.. where could the Seahawks be next year w/ homefield advantage?? - if they even need it)

Last edited by FireC on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what Ive read, no Seahawks fans ever had their head down.

Pretty evident they have a bright future with all that young talent. If they get Wilson another target and fix a few minor issues in the front 7, I think they will be a favorite for years.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quite understand the chart or the stats provided (Laughing), but Seahawks fans have no reason to be down. They have a great young team, and going against the 49ers twice a year is starting to develop a Steelers/Ravens feel, to me anyway.

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, they have a scary team

1st and Gore
FireC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
I don't quite understand the chart or the stats provided (Laughing)

It's just the track record of teams that had playoff games similar to the one that the Seahawks had this year against the Falcons.. (cutoff at a certain threshold for the most part, the 10 point deficit at the end of the 3rd quarter)

FG21_PW52 wrote:
and going against the 49ers twice a year is starting to develop a Steelers/Ravens feel, to me anyway.

Would you be surprised at all if both 49ers-Seahawks games were on NBC next year??
Athelite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson is just getting started

^Takeonme^
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FireC wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
I don't quite understand the chart or the stats provided (Laughing)

It's just the track record of teams that had playoff games similar to the one that the Seahawks had this year against the Falcons.. (cutoff at a certain threshold for the most part, the 10 point deficit at the end of the 3rd quarter)

FG21_PW52 wrote:
and going against the 49ers twice a year is starting to develop a Steelers/Ravens feel, to me anyway.

Would you be surprised at all if both 49ers-Seahawks games were on NBC next year??

1. ohhh okay, thanks for clearing that up. things look real good for them then!

2. I wouldn't be surprised if they were both primetime, maybe another Thursday game like this year or MNF. but no, I would not be surprised whatsoever.

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
lards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC West is going to be pretty awesome for the next decade with niners, hawks and rams all on the right track. love the way Schneider and Pete have rebuilt this team, we were such a mess before.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...

twitter: @lards90
FireC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lards wrote:
NFC West is going to be pretty awesome for the next decade with niners, hawks and rams all on the right track. love the way Schneider and Pete have rebuilt this team, we were such a mess before.

Not to mention if Cards can pull their crap together..
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were arguably the most complete team in the league at the end of the season and could have likely been SB favorites through the playoffs had Clemons not gotten hurt. They find a stud WR and a good interior pass rusher and they could be an SB favorite going into next season.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does no one on the outside see an exceptionally inferior set of Guards? Our second biggest weakness aside from no interior pass rush.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Does no one on the outside see an exceptionally inferior set of Guards? Our second biggest weakness aside from no interior pass rush.

The OG situation is manageable, albeit worrying.

The pass rush is going to improve at least under Dan Quinn
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

Very few teams have good players all across the OL and a lot of good teams have to make up for poor play at 2-3 OL positions. It's a weakness, but a common one and not one that stands out as much as an otherwise elite defense being very bad at generating interior pressure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Very few teams have good players all across the OL and a lot of good teams have to make up for poor play at 2-3 OL positions. It's a weakness, but a common one and not one that stands out as much as an otherwise elite defense being very bad at generating interior pressure.

With a QB who is vertically undersized isn't a set of guards and the interior OL the most important part of the OL. At least that's what has been said about the Saints with Brees and the set of guards they had the last few years.
silus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need an obscure statistic to figure that out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: