Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What happened to Nnamdi Asomugha?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
powderblues wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

"All those deep bombs", huh? Jackson had merely two 30+ yard receptions against Oakland for his career as a Charger before Nnamdi went to Philly.

Cool and you must be one of the many rat bird fans that think Flacco is elite.

Translation: my argument got backhanded, so I'm going to take an unwarranted shot at his favorite team and try to get even. I'm pretty hardcore, aren't I dudes? lulz...

And, no, I've never considered Flacco elite.

lol never argued anything, just stated my opinion, dont know why a ravens fan is going around trying to troll threads that have afc west convos.

I'm sorry man, but VJax "averaging 100+ yards and 1+ TDs and catching 50 yard bombs on Nnamdi" isn't an opinion. That statement can (and has) been proven false. The NFLs official stats are facts, not opinions. I'm curious where you got the notion that you can have an opinion of what a players stats actually are, I mean I hope you understand that what your arguing is equally ridiculous to this:
A-"Vince Young was averaging 400 yards, and 3 tds a game and he won a few superbowls"
B-"Uh no dude, he averaged less than 200 yards and 1 TD a game and never won a super bowl"
A-"That's just your opinion buddy. I'll stick to mine and you can stick to yours lulz what a troll"
B-*concussed from aggressive face palming*

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnamdi has been burned a couple times but let's be honest the Eagles defense has looked great this season especially given the turnover situation they have on offense and how poorly their kickoff coverage has played at times this year.

And the back 7 looks even more impressive when you figure the wide 9 has basically been neutralized in the last couple of games. If I'm not mistaken they have a goose egg in the sack department in their last couple of games
RaiderFanSD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
honestly. He might have been a fraud to began with.

We would always brag about how good he is. But the only argument we would use is the fact "he gets thrown at the least". Which probably had more to do with oakland have other cbs and safeties that were so bad they didnt need to pick on scrabble.

Plus honestly, nfc east is a star killer. People join the division thinking they are going to be the same superstar. Only problem nfc east is one of the tougest division in nfl and it can make any star player look average because of the talent pool its around.

This.... we overhyped him here in Oakland like none other. He never had the ball skills like Revis, and he never followed around top WRs like Revis has... Very good CB, but never on Revis' level IMO.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
powderblues wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
powderblues wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

"All those deep bombs", huh? Jackson had merely two 30+ yard receptions against Oakland for his career as a Charger before Nnamdi went to Philly.

Cool and you must be one of the many rat bird fans that think Flacco is elite.

Translation: my argument got backhanded, so I'm going to take an unwarranted shot at his favorite team and try to get even. I'm pretty hardcore, aren't I dudes? lulz...

And, no, I've never considered Flacco elite.

lol never argued anything, just stated my opinion, dont know why a ravens fan is going around trying to troll threads that have afc west convos.

I'm sorry man, but VJax "averaging 100+ yards and 1+ TDs and catching 50 yard bombs on Nnamdi" isn't an opinion. That statement can (and has) been proven false. The NFLs official stats are facts, not opinions. I'm curious where you got the notion that you can have an opinion of what a players stats actually are, I mean I hope you understand that what your arguing is equally ridiculous to this:
A-"Vince Young was averaging 400 yards, and 3 tds a game and he won a few superbowls"
B-"Uh no dude, he averaged less than 200 yards and 1 TD a game and never won a super bowl"
A-"That's just your opinion buddy. I'll stick to mine and you can stick to yours lulz what a troll"
B-*concussed from aggressive face palming*

As tempting as it is to continue putting him in his place, there's no need to respond seriously anymore.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
be WARE94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a certified eagle hater who lives in philly and has watched every game....i can honestly say nnamdi hasn;t played that bad....you would think he's terrence newman the way eagles fans and people in general have been picking on him.....he's actually been pretty good so far in philly.....no dominant but good
tinoynk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
honestly. He might have been a fraud to began with.

We would always brag about how good he is. But the only argument we would use is the fact "he gets thrown at the least". Which probably had more to do with oakland have other cbs and safeties that were so bad they didnt need to pick on scrabble.

I really hate to be so petty, but it's nice after having those endless Revis vs. Nnamdi debates for Raiders fans to admit exactly what Revis supporters were saying the entire time. Not that Nnamdi wasn't always a phenomenal player though, you don't get targeted that little by accident or reputation alone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
I'm not going to put much stock in someone who says he was only targeted once and didn't allow a catch vs the Cardinals...

Are you referring to me?

PFF had him pitching a shutout against the Cardinals, and if you knew anything about a Cover 4 defense and actually watched the play on multiple occasions, then you'd realize that Fitz was not his responsibility on that play. Coleman bit on the PA fake, and Aso had outside coverage responsibility. This is basic stuff, brospeh.

People credited against Revis on much worse instances around here... So Nnamdi being on him the entire time to pull off and blame the safety at the last second. I guarantee you if that was Revis this board would have given 100% blame to Revis for giving up that TD.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
I'm not going to put much stock in someone who says he was only targeted once and didn't allow a catch vs the Cardinals...

Are you referring to me?

PFF had him pitching a shutout against the Cardinals, and if you knew anything about a Cover 4 defense and actually watched the play on multiple occasions, then you'd realize that Fitz was not his responsibility on that play. Coleman bit on the PA fake, and Aso had outside coverage responsibility. This is basic stuff, brospeh.

People credited against Revis on much worse instances around here... So Nnamdi being on him the entire time to pull off and blame the safety at the last second. I guarantee you if that was Revis this board would have given 100% blame to Revis for giving up that TD.

So that makes Nnamdi responsible for the TD in this instance? Are you kidding me?

But thanks for somehow bringing Revis into the discussion because god knows we can't have a civil discussion about Nnamdi's play in an Eagles uniform without comparing him to his all-pro contemporary. Rolling Eyes
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
be WARE94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why even bring revis into this.....

1. he WAS clearly better then scrabble and has been for a while

2. i hope i'm wrong but when he comes back from this injury he'll NEVER be the same
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:

2. i hope i'm wrong but when he comes back from this injury he'll NEVER be the same

I concur.

This thread isn't about Revis nor is it asking who is the best CB in football. Why some Jets fans are getting so defensive doesn't make sense to me.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
be WARE94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
be WARE94 wrote:

I concur.

This thread isn't about Revis nor is it asking who is the best CB in football. Why some Jets fans are getting so defensive doesn't make sense to me.

not much going on for jets fans right now i guess? i know the feeling lol
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:

So that makes Nnamdi responsible for the TD in this instance? Are you kidding me?

But thanks for somehow bringing Revis into the discussion because god knows we can't have a civil discussion about Nnamdi's play in an Eagles uniform without comparing him to his all-pro contemporary. Rolling Eyes

I said why he should be responsible for the TD< he was on him the entire time, he even ran past the safety, idk what he was thinking as he saw the safety coming in.

I only brought up Revis, because someone else brought him up. Just saying that if that was Revis, this board would be blaming him 100%.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt Colman is Nnamdi worst enemy... The guy blows his assignment on almost every play and Nnamdi gets the blame from the "fans".

All this hate on Nnamdi is nonsense. The guy is still the 2nd best CB in the nfl.

TommyC376 on the Sig
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Kurt Colman is Nnamdi worst enemy... The guy blows his assignment on almost every play and Nnamdi gets the blame from the "fans".

All this hate on Nnamdi is nonsense. The guy is still the 2nd best CB in the nfl.

Anyone who denies this shouldn't be posting in a CB-related thread.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:

I said why he should be responsible for the TD< he was on him the entire time, he even ran past the safety, idk what he was thinking as he saw the safety coming in.

I only brought up Revis, because someone else brought him up. Just saying that if that was Revis, this board would be blaming him 100%.

Yet, every legit site that runs metrics disagrees, because none have credited the TD on Asomugha. Furthermore, once again you're showing me you have zero understanding of the dynamics of a Cover 4 defense.

Nnamdi let Fitz go and then tried to recover once he saw Coleman blow his assignment. But by then it was too late.

This isn't rocket science!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: