Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What happened to Nnamdi Asomugha?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I wouldn't call him an island like Revis but more of a peninsula.

iPwn wrote:
VCP is the type of person this world needs; one that isn't afraid to go against the grain and support what's right in this world in the face of adversity. He's a true hero.

#JDI
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:

Lol okay stat genius, I get my stats from the box score buddy. Bottom line is at the end of the game how much yards and touchdowns did said receiver get because said corner was covering him most of the game.

Any metrics that count exactly how many times Nnamdi was on VJ are just dumb, no one knows the exact amount. So we go by total stats. Just like how Revis was shutting down everyone that one year they showed the WR's total stats during that specific game.

You are an Eagle fan, you don't know anything about Charger Raider games, I watch every single Charger game and I can see with my own eyes all the deep bombs Jackson has gotten on Nnamdi and made him look pathetic. I don't need some fancy stat system to tell me that Jackson just got a 50 yard catch while Nnamdi was covering.

So, uh, this post happened.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
powderblues wrote:

Lol okay stat genius, I get my stats from the box score buddy. Bottom line is at the end of the game how much yards and touchdowns did said receiver get because said corner was covering him most of the game.

Any metrics that count exactly how many times Nnamdi was on VJ are just dumb, no one knows the exact amount. So we go by total stats. Just like how Revis was shutting down everyone that one year they showed the WR's total stats during that specific game.

You are an Eagle fan, you don't know anything about Charger Raider games, I watch every single Charger game and I can see with my own eyes all the deep bombs Jackson has gotten on Nnamdi and made him look pathetic. I don't need some fancy stat system to tell me that Jackson just got a 50 yard catch while Nnamdi was covering.

The post did. The facts in it didn't.
powderblues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow didn't realize ravens fans had nothing better to do then troll around threads.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm, how about...he was actually never close to as good as people thought?

i've watched every raider game for the last 5 years or so (my friend is a raider fan, we watch games every sunday at his house....always watch the raiders)...and a BIG part of it, was they just didn't throw at him...had nothing to do with him really SHUTTING down, its just the other corner (who ever it was changed from quarter to quarter) was so bad, that WR was always wide open.
Bucks
Badgers
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:

i've watched every raider game for the last 5 years or so (my friend is a raider fan, we watch games every sunday at his house....always watch the raiders)...and a BIG part of it, was they just didn't throw at him...had nothing to do with him really SHUTTING down, its just the other corner (who ever it was changed from quarter to quarter) was so bad, that WR was always wide open.

I still think there's something to be said for that, though. It's not like Nnamdi's teammates were blowing coverages on every single play. On plays when they did their jobs, the offense still wasn't able to complete passes on Nnamdi.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

I still think there's something to be said for that, though. It's not like Nnamdi's teammates were blowing coverages on every single play. On plays when they did their jobs, the offense still wasn't able to complete passes on Nnamdi.

Agree, you dont get the ball not thrown at you for no reason. And i dont think the other raiders corners were as bad as people were making them out to be. Nnamdi had that one season where he had like 6 or 7 interceptions, just like revis in 09 where he had 6 interceptions. Teams stopped throwing to his side.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
glenearl18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

Agree, you dont get the ball not thrown at you for no reason. And i dont think the other raiders corners were as bad as people were making them out to be. Nnamdi had that one season where he had like 6 or 7 interceptions, just like revis in 09 where he had 6 interceptions. Teams stopped throwing to his side.

Except unlike Revis he stuck to one side of the field so #1s still had big days against Oakland. You can throw away from Revis if you want but it means your best WR is basically injured; obviously a larger impact than Aso has ever had. Idk why it took people so long to comprehend this.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

Except unlike Revis he stuck to one side of the field so #1s still had big days against Oakland. You can throw away from Revis if you want but it means your best WR is basically injured; obviously a larger impact than Aso has ever had. Idk why it took people so long to comprehend this.

So there wasnt times where nnamdi shutdown the teams best receiver by moving around? Obviously Revis moved around more but lets not act like Nnamdi never moved around.

baconrad3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
powderblues wrote:

I'm still sitting here...looking at that post...shaking my head

This might be the worst thing I have ever seen posted on this forum. Seriously.

Gets his stats from the box score...Laughing That legitimately made me laugh out loud

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
powderblues wrote:

I'm still sitting here...looking at that post...shaking my head

This might be the worst thing I have ever seen posted on this forum. Seriously.

Gets his stats from the box score...Laughing That legitimately made me laugh out loud

Well i'll give him this, at least he was honest about it. That takes a lot of courage.

eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news... he shut down the Leagues best Wide Receiver...

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Targets 6
Completions 1
Yards 37
3 PDs
1 INT

Unreal, every time he had someone aside from Nnamdi on him or when it was a zone, Johnson got a completion on every single snap.

Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Targets 6
Completions 1
Yards 37
3 PDs
1 INT

Unreal, every time he had someone aside from Nnamdi on him or when it was a zone, Johnson got a completion on every single snap.

Yeah when Johnson went crazy mode, he was being defended by Hughes.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicatedxx wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Targets 6
Completions 1
Yards 37
3 PDs
1 INT

Nope according to our friend powerblue look at johnsons stats for the entire game. nnamdi sucked because the other guys in our secondary couldnt cover calvin.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vindicatedxx wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Targets 6
Completions 1
Yards 37
3 PDs
1 INT

Juan dumbing

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 6 of 17

Jump to: