Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What happened to Nnamdi Asomugha?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BirdsFan06050


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19675
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify those who think the scheme is hurting him, while that may have been true last year, the Eagles have had both Aso and DRC in press coverage on almost 80% of their defensive snaps this season. They're both playing plenty of bump and run, and Big Red has noted in his press conference that they've been asking both of them to do loads of press. Last year that was not always the case with Samuel still on the roster and Bowles not yet incorporated as the secondary coach, which forced Nnamdi to one side of the field and DRC to the slot. We also played a lot more Tampa 2. Now both are generally always on the outside, but there have been games where we've moved them around a bit as we've had DRC shadow guys like Smith and Wallace in matchups this season. Unfortunately, the coaches just let Fitz roam free, and he exploited our rookie slot corner big time.

The results might not be showing a ton on the stat sheet, but the Eagles secondary is 2nd in the NFL in opponent Total QBR, and a lot of that has to do with the bump and run play of our starting CB's. Both have played really, really well this year, and I think once the D-line starts playing to their potential, then the stats will begin to illustrate just that. Big Ben did a great job of nullifying our pass rush last weekend, but there's no question that our line can get more pressure.

Regardless, the notion that he's not in the right scheme is inaccurate since the Eagles defense has now been transformed into a unit that rushes 4 and plays man-to-man coverage, at least for the most part. Juan will sometimes dial-up some zone coverages, and our safeties have been guilty of biting on PA too hard on multiple occasions, which has made Nnamdi look bad on some plays (see the Fitz TD which was not his responsibility in coverage).

The only real play of importance in which he got beat was the Jacoby Jones TD. Other than that, he's played extremely well IMO.
_________________
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D.Revis24


Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 3791
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to put much stock in someone who says he was only targeted once and didn't allow a catch vs the Cardinals...
_________________


Props to El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83745
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he a HOFer right now?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2407
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was overrated, seems like every time he went up against Vincent Jackson while they were both in the AFC West he got torched.

Jackson was averaging 100+ yards and 1+ TD on him.

Maybe he just has issues with 6'5 230 lb receivers though? Eh, I like him as a person though he seems like a cool guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 18763
Location: Can't talk
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
He was overrated, seems like every time he went up against Vincent Jackson while they were both in the AFC West he got torched.

Jackson was averaging 100+ yards and 1+ TD on him.

Maybe he just has issues with 6'5 230 lb receivers though? Eh, I like him as a person though he seems like a cool guy.


...No he didn't. I'm pretty sure he didn't based on PFFs stats, which while aren't always accurate I'd doubt they'd be that drastically off, which they would have had to be in order for your claim to be true, and I'm not buying that. Here are PFFs 4 recorded games where both players participated since 2008, the following VJs stats while he was covered by Nnamdi.

2008 W4- 0 Receptions (0 Targets)
2008 W14- 1 Reception (2 Targets), 46 Yards
2009 W1- 2 Receptions (2 Targets), 19 Yards, 1 TD
2009 W8- 1 Reception (1 Target), 3 Yards

So since 08 VJ has averaged 1 Reception, 17 Yards, .25 TDs (When being covered by Nnamdi)

From 05-07 in his 4 games vs Oakland VJ averaged 1.5 Receptions, 13 Yards, 0 TDs (Those are just against Oakland in general, so Nnamdi wasn't necessarily covering him)

Does this mean Nnamdi has shut down VJax? Not necessarily because we don't know how much of the game Nnamdi was actually covering VJax, but your claim that VJax averaged 100+ yards and 1 TD on him was/is 100% wrong. How you even come up with those numbers confuses me, because in 8 meetings between Oakland and the Chargers with both players pariticpating, VJax has only had 2 100 yard games... I'm not even going to do the math but they would likely look something like 4 Receptions, 50 Yards, .4 TDs... So it'd be impossible for Nnamdi to have allowed 100 yards and 1+ touchdowns. Man I really hate baseless claims.
_________________


~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2407
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
powderblues wrote:
He was overrated, seems like every time he went up against Vincent Jackson while they were both in the AFC West he got torched.

Jackson was averaging 100+ yards and 1+ TD on him.

Maybe he just has issues with 6'5 230 lb receivers though? Eh, I like him as a person though he seems like a cool guy.


...No he didn't. I'm pretty sure he didn't based on PFFs stats, which while aren't always accurate I'd doubt they'd be that drastically off, which they would have had to be in order for your claim to be true, and I'm not buying that. Here are PFFs 4 recorded games where both players participated since 2008, the following VJs stats while he was covered by Nnamdi.

2008 W4- 0 Receptions (0 Targets)
2008 W14- 1 Reception (2 Targets), 46 Yards
2009 W1- 2 Receptions (2 Targets), 19 Yards, 1 TD
2009 W8- 1 Reception (1 Target), 3 Yards

So since 08 VJ has averaged 1 Reception, 17 Yards, .25 TDs (When being covered by Nnamdi)

From 05-07 in his 4 games vs Oakland VJ averaged 1.5 Receptions, 13 Yards, 0 TDs (Those are just against Oakland in general, so Nnamdi wasn't necessarily covering him)

Does this mean Nnamdi has shut down VJax? Not necessarily because we don't know how much of the game Nnamdi was actually covering VJax, but your claim that VJax averaged 100+ yards and 1 TD on him was/is 100% wrong. How you even come up with those numbers confuses me, because in 8 meetings between Oakland and the Chargers with both players pariticpating, VJax has only had 2 100 yard games... I'm not even going to do the math but they would likely look something like 4 Receptions, 50 Yards, .4 TDs... So it'd be impossible for Nnamdi to have allowed 100 yards and 1+ touchdowns. Man I really hate baseless claims.


Lol okay stat genius, I get my stats from the box score buddy. Bottom line is at the end of the game how much yards and touchdowns did said receiver get because said corner was covering him most of the game.

Any metrics that count exactly how many times Nnamdi was on VJ are just dumb, no one knows the exact amount. So we go by total stats. Just like how Revis was shutting down everyone that one year they showed the WR's total stats during that specific game.

You are an Eagle fan, you don't know anything about Charger Raider games, I watch every single Charger game and I can see with my own eyes all the deep bombs Jackson has gotten on Nnamdi and made him look pathetic. I don't need some fancy stat system to tell me that Jackson just got a 50 yard catch while Nnamdi was covering.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swi7ch


Joined: 04 Dec 2011
Posts: 96
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened? He's now playing for the Eagles. That's what happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BirdsFan06050


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19675
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
I'm not going to put much stock in someone who says he was only targeted once and didn't allow a catch vs the Cardinals...


Are you referring to me?

PFF had him pitching a shutout against the Cardinals, and if you knew anything about a Cover 4 defense and actually watched the play on multiple occasions, then you'd realize that Fitz was not his responsibility on that play. Coleman bit on the PA fake, and Aso had outside coverage responsibility. This is basic stuff, brospeh.
_________________
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmore4life815


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 3429
Location: Climbing up M&T
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
powderblues wrote:
He was overrated, seems like every time he went up against Vincent Jackson while they were both in the AFC West he got torched.

Jackson was averaging 100+ yards and 1+ TD on him.

Maybe he just has issues with 6'5 230 lb receivers though? Eh, I like him as a person though he seems like a cool guy.


...No he didn't. I'm pretty sure he didn't based on PFFs stats, which while aren't always accurate I'd doubt they'd be that drastically off, which they would have had to be in order for your claim to be true, and I'm not buying that. Here are PFFs 4 recorded games where both players participated since 2008, the following VJs stats while he was covered by Nnamdi.

2008 W4- 0 Receptions (0 Targets)
2008 W14- 1 Reception (2 Targets), 46 Yards
2009 W1- 2 Receptions (2 Targets), 19 Yards, 1 TD
2009 W8- 1 Reception (1 Target), 3 Yards

So since 08 VJ has averaged 1 Reception, 17 Yards, .25 TDs (When being covered by Nnamdi)

From 05-07 in his 4 games vs Oakland VJ averaged 1.5 Receptions, 13 Yards, 0 TDs (Those are just against Oakland in general, so Nnamdi wasn't necessarily covering him)

Does this mean Nnamdi has shut down VJax? Not necessarily because we don't know how much of the game Nnamdi was actually covering VJax, but your claim that VJax averaged 100+ yards and 1 TD on him was/is 100% wrong. How you even come up with those numbers confuses me, because in 8 meetings between Oakland and the Chargers with both players pariticpating, VJax has only had 2 100 yard games... I'm not even going to do the math but they would likely look something like 4 Receptions, 50 Yards, .4 TDs... So it'd be impossible for Nnamdi to have allowed 100 yards and 1+ touchdowns. Man I really hate baseless claims.


Lol okay stat genius, I get my stats from the box score buddy. Bottom line is at the end of the game how much yards and touchdowns did said receiver get because said corner was covering him most of the game.

Any metrics that count exactly how many times Nnamdi was on VJ are just dumb, no one knows the exact amount. So we go by total stats. Just like how Revis was shutting down everyone that one year they showed the WR's total stats during that specific game.

You are an Eagle fan, you don't know anything about Charger Raider games, I watch every single Charger game and I can see with my own eyes all the deep bombs Jackson has gotten on Nnamdi and made him look pathetic. I don't need some fancy stat system to tell me that Jackson just got a 50 yard catch while Nnamdi was covering.

You eyes didn't do you any favors, then. I don't even need to cite any Nnamdi metrics to know you pulled that out of your rear.

"All those deep bombs", huh? Jackson had merely two 30+ yard receptions against Oakland for his career as a Charger before Nnamdi went to Philly.
_________________

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere


Last edited by bmore4life815 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 32325
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
I'm not going to put much stock in someone who says he was only targeted once and didn't allow a catch vs the Cardinals...


Are you referring to me?

PFF had him pitching a shutout against the Cardinals, and if you knew anything about a Cover 4 defense and actually watched the play on multiple occasions, then you'd realize that Fitz was not his responsibility on that play. Coleman bit on the PA fake, and Aso had outside coverage responsibility. This is basic stuff, brospeh.


Look who you're responding to bro... He's spend the last 3 seasons attribtuing blown coverages to Nnamdi but when Revis gets beat for a 72 yard TD it's "the safeties fault" every single time... The ultimate irony of ironies.
_________________
Ketchup on 7/24/14 wrote:
I would cut off my legs if Rodgers threw 20 interceptions.



Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2407
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:

"All those deep bombs", huh? Jackson had merely two 30+ yard receptions against Oakland for his career as a Charger before Nnamdi went to Philly.


Cool and you must be one of the many rat bird fans that think Flacco is elite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 18763
Location: Can't talk
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your really going to make me bring out the official stats here powderblues? Not sure how you didn't grasp what I was saying, sure to base my argument entirely on PFF would be slightly foolish, but by the end of my post I stated that Vincent Jackson has had less than 800 yards, and 1 TD when playing the Raiders when Nnamdi is playing. Thus we shouldn't even have to delve further into this, because even if he put up say 900 yards, 9 tds in those 8 games it would be incredibly unlikely, to almost impossible, that Nnamdi was coering him and/or responsible for each of those catches.

That being said, I'm now going to make a fool out of you using your very own beloved box scores. So what you are about to see are each of Vincent Jacksons games against the Raiders while Nnamdi was on the team (and these stats are NOT exclusive to plays where he was covered by Nnamdi, and considering Nnamdi was exclusively an RCB it becomes obvious that he likely never covered VJax for more than 50% of the game. Of course that's all irrelevant considering VJax doesn't actually come close to your claim 800 yards, 8 tds in the first place.)

9/11/06: 0 Receptions
11/26/06: 3 Receptions, 32 Yards
10/14/07: 1 Reception, 5 Yards
12/30/07: 2 Receptions, 13 Yards
9/28/08: 3 Receptions, 52 Yards
12/4/08: 5 Receptions, 148 Yards, 1 TD
9/14/09: 5 Receptions, 56 Yards, 1 TD
11/1/09: 8 Receptions, 108 Yards, 1 TD
Per Game: 3.8 Receptions, 52 Yards, .38 TDs


powderblues wrote:
Lol okay stat genius, I get my stats from the box score buddy. Bottom line is at the end of the game how much yards and touchdowns did said receiver get because said corner was covering him most of the game.

Box Score: Vincent Jackson's Stats Vs Oakland
How again could Nnamdi have allowed VJax to get 100 yards and 1 TD a game when he only ad 27 receptions, 409 yards, and 3 TDs in 8 games...?
Please don't give any reply to the tune of
"Cuz I seen it with my eyes does. Get these cray stats out of here rofl VJax has put up two 300 yard games against oakland i don't need all deez stats to know what I seen. I actually watch chargers games unlike the you and the guyz dat make stats. lol."

/discussion
_________________


~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BirdsFan06050


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19675
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

"All those deep bombs", huh? Jackson had merely two 30+ yard receptions against Oakland for his career as a Charger before Nnamdi went to Philly.


Cool and you must be one of the many rat bird fans that think Flacco is elite.


So even if he falls into that stereotype that somehow makes his argument wrong here? Laughing

Just admit defeat, buddy.
_________________
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmore4life815


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 3429
Location: Climbing up M&T
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

"All those deep bombs", huh? Jackson had merely two 30+ yard receptions against Oakland for his career as a Charger before Nnamdi went to Philly.


Cool and you must be one of the many rat bird fans that think Flacco is elite.

Translation: my argument got backhanded, so I'm going to take an unwarranted shot at his favorite team and try to get even. I'm pretty hardcore, aren't I dudes? lulz...

And, no, I've never considered Flacco elite.
_________________

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
powderblues


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 2407
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
powderblues wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:

"All those deep bombs", huh? Jackson had merely two 30+ yard receptions against Oakland for his career as a Charger before Nnamdi went to Philly.


Cool and you must be one of the many rat bird fans that think Flacco is elite.

Translation: my argument got backhanded, so I'm going to take an unwarranted shot at his favorite team and try to get even. I'm pretty hardcore, aren't I dudes? lulz...

And, no, I've never considered Flacco elite.


lol never argued anything, just stated my opinion, dont know why a ravens fan is going around trying to troll threads that have afc west convos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group