Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What happened to Nnamdi Asomugha?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
You just aren't getting it. When he finished the game with him, come talk. The fact of the matter is, he didn't. Don't know why you're trying to skew it.


Uhh No. You're the one not getting it. And it's pretty embarrassing.
For you? Because you don't understand what I'm saying. He wasn't on him the whole game. If he was, sure it would make sense. But he wasn't!


...No one understands what your saying dude. Are you saying that because Nnamdi didn't cover Calvin the whole game, his performance it is not impressive? That's idiotic. I think your a little lost on two things here

1. Most corners cannot shutdown Calvin for a drive, let alone 3 quarters.

2. Most corners don't exclusively follow an opposing teams #1! If they do then that means they do that every game of the year because of their defenses design. Revis would be an example of a corner who does follow #1s regardless of where they line up and the Jets defense very much revolved around that prior to his injury. If your going to call corners bad because they don't do what Revis does then that's ridiculous because theres a reason he is considered the best CB since Sanders...

Honestly why are you even arguing for at this point? You claim that my rant before was pointless because you agree with me, but if did agree with me in thinking Nnamdi was still a top level corner then you wouldn't be posting in here bashing him.
Is he Revis? No. Is he still one of the top corners in the game? Yes.
If you agree with that, then you agree with me and we are all wasting each others time arguing. f you don't agree with that, then I continue to question your football knowledge.
Your argument holds absolutely no credibility, considering you are starting to put words in my mouth. Never said he was a bad corner at all.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

Most were zone, and one of them was a screen that wasn't any single players fault. If your really interested in accurate Nnamdi charted stats then go to J-ALL-DAYS Scrabble Watch thread in the Eagles forum.

Man some of you guys are just ridiculous... Corners have bad games, it's relatively common. Haden and Joseph have both let up 100 yards and a TD in back to back games already this year, Browner just let up 2 TDs last week, Asante allowed over 100 yards against Oakland, Talib allowed over 150 yards in week 2... I guess all those corners suck too now...?

where did I say Nnamdi sucked? He's still a great corner. He's just not the best in the league anymore. it happens.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yfz01


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 8707
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
reckless123 wrote:


Are sure that some of those results are from when he was in zone? Or are they all results of being man to man.


Most were zone, and one of them was a screen that wasn't any single players fault. If your really interested in accurate Nnamdi charted stats then go to J-ALL-DAYS Scrabble Watch thread in the Eagles forum.

Man some of you guys are just ridiculous... Corners have bad games, it's relatively common. Haden and Joseph have both let up 100 yards and a TD in back to back games already this year, Browner just let up 2 TDs last week, Asante allowed over 100 yards against Oakland, Talib allowed over 150 yards in week 2... I guess all those corners suck too now...?


Its there way of saying, "See i told you revis was always better and nnamdi was never in his league". He didnt have a good game, revis hasnt had good games. Like last year when stevie johnson was torching him in that second game. Joseph got destroyed vs the packers.

Revis has shut Johnson down since and no one ever quotes the stats from the game where Stevie Johnson "torched" Revis...


Revis's 2 meetings between Stevie Johnson last year:
Targets- 16
Catches- 11
Yards- 159
TDs- 1


lets not forget in the 2nd meeting last year, Stevie dropped a couple of big gains.


And also got wide open on a pass before half time when Fitzpatrick (?) was sacked.
_________________


Lil Uno with the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alfalcone


Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 1394
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Philly plans on keeping Nnandi, or will he be cut? If so what is his value as a free agent?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bodhi


Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 352
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm big on the idea that he was never that good, he was just never thrown to because he played for the Raiders.
_________________
49ers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mozwanted


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 17054
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Does anyone know if Philly plans on keeping Nnandi, or will he be cut? If so what is his value as a free agent?


He would be perfect fit in seattle or ravens. Press coverage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
renndawg37


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 1636
Location: Toronto, ON
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi wrote:
I'm big on the idea that he was never that good, he was just never thrown to because he played for the Raiders.


Makes a lot of sense... Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WhackyPlague


Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 5059
Location: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Does anyone know if Philly plans on keeping Nnandi, or will he be cut? If so what is his value as a free agent?


He'll probably be cut unless he's willing to take a big (like $10 million) pay cut. $15 million is wayyyy too much for a CB who puts in mediocre effort and can't tackle.

On the free agency market, he'll be overpaid. I'd give him $3-4 million a year, but someone might give him $8 million a year for 2-3 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vanilla_Ice


Joined: 17 Jan 2013
Posts: 104
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
alfalcone wrote:
Does anyone know if Philly plans on keeping Nnandi, or will he be cut? If so what is his value as a free agent?


He'll probably be cut unless he's willing to take a big (like $10 million) pay cut. $15 million is wayyyy too much for a CB who puts in mediocre effort and can't tackle.

On the free agency market, he'll be overpaid. I'd give him $3-4 million a year, but someone might give him $8 million a year for 2-3 years.



Wouldn't surprise me to see him go back to Oakland or even SF. He loves the bay area and I think his wife and kids would be good with the idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7659
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never realized Asomugha was a safety at Cal. Its not surprising that he has struggled with the scheme change from Oakland to Philly - they almost have him playing an entirely foreign position.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Does anyone know if Philly plans on keeping Nnandi, or will he be cut? If so what is his value as a free agent?
All signs point to him being cut in the offseason. The Eagles would take a $4 million cap penalty if they do, but they would also take $11 million off the books in the process.

He did mention that he would be open to a pay cut, but that seems unlikely IMO. In the end, it's hard to tell at this point. But again, my gut feeling says he's a FA when the market opens.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nbaker1933


Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 2074
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi wrote:
I'm big on the idea that he was never that good, he was just never thrown to because he played for the Raiders.


Im big on the idea that you never watched him in Oakland.

He was a pure bump man corner. and he locked people down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CP3MVP


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 362
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"But but it's the scheme"

Naw lol dude sucks
_________________
Jaguarfan wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
He is very good.....in garbage time

.......Which is all the time when you're the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncospride95


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 2336
Location: Chicago to Boulder
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbaker1933 wrote:
Bodhi wrote:
I'm big on the idea that he was never that good, he was just never thrown to because he played for the Raiders.


Im big on the idea that you never watched him in Oakland.

He was a pure bump man corner. and he locked people down.

Uh yeah, Nnamdi was a terror in Oakland. He's a beast in press man coverage.

The reason people rarely threw to Nnamdi's side was because he was that good. In man coverage, he's at the top of the list of CB's (still behind Revis though).
_________________

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vindicatedxx


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3093
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's old.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group