Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Tampa hired Chip Kelly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USFTAMPABAY20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Also if we had chip Kelly we would not have Barron Martin or David. Guys who are football players. Chip Kelly would have athletes not Wrs.
You know this because Kelly has drafted before in the NFL right? These assumptions with nothing to base them off nothing has to stop.

Your entire premise is bases on assumptions. Thats what this whole thread is... one big assumption

Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Also if we had chip Kelly we would not have Barron Martin or David. Guys who are football players. Chip Kelly would have athletes not Wrs.
You know this because Kelly has drafted before in the NFL right? These assumptions with nothing to base them off nothing has to stop.

Your entire premise is bases on assumptions. Thats what this whole thread is... one big assumption

^^Thank you.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

And what is your topic based on ?

Schiano has done a great job with this team. His scheme will work. You need to have a balanced attack in this league. The run n shoot crap is for college not the nfl. Schianos going to be a great coach so relax with this chip Kelly nonsense
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Wait, so the entire premise that Freeman works better in a fast paced offense is an assumption? When the numbers PROVE he plays better, which backs my point?......Yeah, good one.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Schiano has done a great job with this team. His scheme will work. You need to have a balanced attack in this league. The run n shoot crap is for college not the nfl. Schianos going to be a great coach so relax with this chip Kelly nonsense
Based on Freeman's play in 2 min situations where he had to make adjustments and calls by himself etc....throughout his career
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Based on Freeman's play in 2 min situations where he had to make adjustments and calls by himself etc....throughout his career

Freeman's done really well in a lot of 2 minute situations... but he also does really well when the game is on the line and it is the last chance to win. Not since 2010 have I seen him play well for a full game and he's never done well with a lead.

Schiano has given us a semblance of a defense in one offseason, and that is what you must have to be a consistently good football team. Even the Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl since their defense fell off, despite their offense.

I like where Schiano is going. Kelly was interesting as a coaching prospect, but I don't think it would have ultimately panned out.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Name one team that runs a 2 minute offense for 4qtrs?

Btw Freeman's 2 min heroics even dating back to 2010 came against teams that were below .500. I bet you forget that statistic there huh?
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Btw Freeman's 2 min heroics even dating back to 2010 came against teams that were below .500. I bet you forget that statistic there huh?

You don't have to run 2 min offense for 4 quarters when you put up 31 quick points on your opponent. That's what I said last post in regards to the Patriots last week. They didn't do it for 4 quarters b/c they were up so much.

Also, Freeman beat the 13-3 Saints in his rookie year via comeback and the 11-5 Packers. In 2010, he threw a game losing pick against Atlanta which was the only team that was .500 during those situations.
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

You don't have to run 2 min offense for 4 quarters when you put up 31 quick points on your opponent. That's what I said last post in regards to the Patriots last week. They didn't do it for 4 quarters b/c they were up so much.

Also, Freeman beat the 13-3 Saints in his rookie year via comeback and the 11-5 Packers. In 2010, he threw a game losing pick against Atlanta which was the only team that was .500 during those situations.

Guess he forgot those stats...

There is evidence that shows Freeman does a lot better in the 2 min offense. I would like to see us do a little more no huddle and see how he does in that situation.

#EmbraceTheSuck
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Woah? First of all Indifference:

1. You are comparing us to the Patriots if we hire Chip Kelly? Saying we'd have that explosive of an offense? They played the Buffalo Bills. The offensively inept Jets laid 38-40 points (not sure exact total, memory jogged) on them. So you're using 1 game where they had a 40 burger. Also, they have this guy named Tom Brady. Not sure if you heard of him, but in your "Assumption", you're basically saying Freeman can do the same thing Tom Brady can?

2. That was Josh Freeman's first NFL start. It looked promising, but Green Bay had 0 film on him either.

- The game Freeman beat the Saints in 2009? He threw 2 INTs. He made that great run athletically, but again, you're going back to his Rookie year here as well. I remember watching that game. Spurlock had a huge game tying return, and Caddy ran for over 120. Free also threw 2 INTs deep in Saints Territory. And the defense held them to 17 points. Come on. Do YOU"RE RESEARCH!.

3. Atlanta in 2010 he threw a game ending pick in that situation. Enough said. He didn't have those heroics against the playoff teams. In losses to the Falcons (1st meeting), Steelers, Ravens, Saints: He did squat. That Ravens game he didn't move the ball down the field until there was 5 min left in the game and down 17-3.

So, yeah, tell me I "forgot" about those statistics.

I'd love for this offense to succeed. I've been a Buc fan since I can remember following football, but looking at it outside the Box, I vastly disagree.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
^^^ Woah? First of all Indifference:

1. You are comparing us to the Patriots if we hire Chip Kelly? Saying we'd have that explosive of an offense? They played the Buffalo Bills. The offensively inept Jets laid 38-40 points (not sure exact total, memory jogged) on them. So you're using 1 game where they had a 40 burger. Also, they have this guy named Tom Brady. Not sure if you heard of him, but in your "Assumption", you're basically saying Freeman can do the same thing Tom Brady can?
Nobody said he had to be Brady good in the offense dude. Please re-read what I said in previous post. I'm saying our offensive pace would be similar to the Patriots. It could be an explosive offense because it puts a lot of pressure on the defense. Meanwhile the run heavy mentality doesn't do that. And in my "assumption" I'm saying Freeman operates better in fast paces. What does Tom Brady have to do with that?

REDandPEWTER wrote:

2. That was Josh Freeman's first NFL start. It looked promising, but Green Bay had 0 film on him either.

- The game Freeman beat the Saints in 2009? He threw 2 INTs. He made that great run athletically, but again, you're going back to his Rookie year here as well. I remember watching that game. Spurlock had a huge game tying return, and Caddy ran for over 120. Free also threw 2 INTs deep in Saints Territory. And the defense held them to 17 points. Come on. Do YOU"RE RESEARCH!.
He still won in comeback fashion. "Oh they didn't have film on him"? Really, its not like he was spectacular throughout the whole game. What does his 2 INT's have to do with his late comeback heroics...? When my OP has to deal with 2 min fast pace situations anyway in which he did to move the ball and get us into OT to eventually win.

REDandPEWTER wrote:

3. Atlanta in 2010 he threw a game ending pick in that situation. Enough said. He didn't have those heroics against the playoff teams. In losses to the Falcons (1st meeting), Steelers, Ravens, Saints: He did squat. That Ravens game he didn't move the ball down the field until there was 5 min left in the game and down 17-3.

So, yeah, tell me I "forgot" about those statistics.

I'd love for this offense to succeed. I've been a Buc fan since I can remember following football, but looking at it outside the Box, I vastly disagree.
Yeah he didn't beat the Packers or Atlanta in his rookie year huh? We just throw that out the window like it never happened to make your statements look stronger than it is. Ravens game he had no time in the pocket. Steelers no time. I love how we just throw away a players achievement because of teams didn't have film or b/c he had help from his TEAM? I can see that disagree but call a spade a spade. Give or take it was his first few starts, in his rookie year, he has shown the capacity to beat good teams. I don't care how long that was either. All I'm saying is the unconventional type of offenses would help this team out given how Freeman played in those fast situations.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Dude you are implying our offense would be just as explosive. You must not register that Tom Brady is the guy running that offense. Take a moment and realize that Freeman isn't Brady. Read what you wrote.

2. Freeman didn't beat Atlanta his rookie year. He's 1-5 against them. Look up the facts.

3. I'm starting to get tired of hearing every excuse for Freeman as well. "It's the coaching staff...Wrs ... He's got no talent...they aren't playing to his strengths." I'm not trying to be a hater on the guy. He seems like a very good human being. But as a football player , many just can't come to terms that he's been horrible on the field.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
1. Dude you are implying our offense would be just as explosive. You must not register that Tom Brady is the guy running that offense. Take a moment and realize that Freeman isn't Brady. Read what you wrote.

2. Freeman didn't beat Atlanta his rookie year. He's 1-5 against them. Look up the facts.

3. I'm starting to get tired of hearing every excuse for Freeman as well. "It's the coaching staff...Wrs ... He's got no talent...they aren't playing to his strengths." I'm not trying to be a hater on the guy. He seems like a very good human being. But as a football player , many just can't come to terms that he's been horrible on the field.

1. I said it could be explosive for Tampa. I used the Pats as an example b/c you said that 2 min crap doesn't work, remember? That style of offense is favorable for QB's because of the advantages of the pace. Your first claim was, the Oregon based offense doesn't work in the NFL. Now its, well Freeman isn't Brady. The point of the matter was it worked. Can Freeman be as good in that system? Probably not but hell if he is anywhere decent that offense is better than what Sullivan is running currently.

2. Not sure what Atlanta has anything to do with him beating the Green Bay or New Orleans but okay.

3. There's 12 games to play and he is taking on a new offense. He has been bad as advertised by his QBR but I'm not going to give up on him just yet.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="indifference"]
Quote:
] .

Yeah he didn't beat the Packers or Atlanta in his rookie year huh? We just throw that out the window like it never happened to make your statements look stronger than it is. Ravens game he had no time in the pocket. Steelers no time. I love how we just throw away a players achievement because of teams didn't have film or b/c he had help from his TEAM? I can see that disagree but call a spade a spade. Give or take it was his first few starts, in his rookie year, he has shown the capacity to beat good teams. I don't care how long that was either. All I'm saying is the unconventional type of offenses would help this team out given how Freeman played in those fast situations.

You tell me. ?????
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="REDandPEWTER"]
indifference wrote:
Quote:
] .

You tell me. ?????
I meant the Saints.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: