Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fujita suspension: 1 game
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13345
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Fujita suspension: 1 game Reply with quote

Saints bounty suspensions released... 3 games knocked down to 1.

Per Mortensen on ESPN
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Drew_Carey


Joined: 10 Mar 2012
Posts: 1478
Location: Seattle - Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Fujita's suspension is this week I hope DQ is good to go because if not our LBs look like

Miavia / Carder
Fort
Robertson

They would have to activate Benjamin off the practice squad I would assume. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3877
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope DQ is back. Actually I would rather just use the rotation we used game one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5376
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
If Fujita's suspension is this week I hope DQ is good to go because if not our LBs look like

Miavia / Carder
Fort
Robertson

They would have to activate Benjamin off the practice squad I would assume. Shocked


James-Michael Johnson is healthy again.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Drew_Carey


Joined: 10 Mar 2012
Posts: 1478
Location: Seattle - Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
If Fujita's suspension is this week I hope DQ is good to go because if not our LBs look like

Miavia / Carder
Fort
Robertson

They would have to activate Benjamin off the practice squad I would assume. Shocked


James-Michael Johnson is healthy again.



I havent seen that yet. Did he play last Sunday? (followed the game on the radio)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5839
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
If Fujita's suspension is this week I hope DQ is good to go because if not our LBs look like

Miavia / Carder
Fort
Robertson

They would have to activate Benjamin off the practice squad I would assume. Shocked


James-Michael Johnson is healthy again.



I havent seen that yet. Did he play last Sunday? (followed the game on the radio)


Yes, it was his first game back. He only played specials.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Drew_Carey


Joined: 10 Mar 2012
Posts: 1478
Location: Seattle - Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
If Fujita's suspension is this week I hope DQ is good to go because if not our LBs look like

Miavia / Carder
Fort
Robertson

They would have to activate Benjamin off the practice squad I would assume. Shocked


James-Michael Johnson is healthy again.



I havent seen that yet. Did he play last Sunday? (followed the game on the radio)


Yes, it was his first game back. He only played specials.


Ah cool. Tanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9351
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if Fujita will sit this week or not. Fujita is still plenty pissed at Goodell, so it looks like he'll be appealing.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/10/cleveland_browns_linebacker_sc_7.html
_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he put the commissoner on blast and nailed him with a harshness. Twisted Evil
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7904
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost wish that Goodell would have suspended him the whole season, because at this rate that's what it seems like it'll take to get the young guys in the game.

Fort and Robertson have shown me about as much in 5 weeks as Fujita has his entire stint here.

I'd rather roll with JMJ, Fort, Robertson, Maiava, and DJAX (if healthy).
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickZambo


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 1540
Location: Pittsburgh Browns Backin'
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go get 'em Scotty




_________________


Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5839
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I almost wish that Goodell would have suspended him the whole season, because at this rate that's what it seems like it'll take to get the young guys in the game.

Fort and Robertson have shown me about as much in 5 weeks as Fujita has his entire stint here.

I'd rather roll with JMJ, Fort, Robertson, Maiava, and DJAX (if healthy).


I disagree. I think fujita has played well. Robertson has been balling. Hes taken snaps away from maiava. Jmj is unknown so far. Fort hasn't played great, but showed enough promise to develop.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Drew_Carey


Joined: 10 Mar 2012
Posts: 1478
Location: Seattle - Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Go get 'em Scotty






first amazing band.... and their earlier stiff is even better...

too bad de la Rocha went coo-coo....




Second, why on earth do you bash the commisioner just after getting your suspension reduced??? He should shut his mouth, sit the one game, and then finish out his career on the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 1940
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:



Second, why on earth do you bash the commisioner just after getting your suspension reduced??? He should shut his mouth, sit the one game, and then finish out his career on the field.


Because Roger Goodell is still suspending him for no apparent reason. This is just a terrible attempt by the NFL to try and avoid admitting they were entirely wrong. I'm glad Scott isn't rolling over, even if I do think he isn't a big factor on the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Drew_Carey


Joined: 10 Mar 2012
Posts: 1478
Location: Seattle - Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:



Second, why on earth do you bash the commisioner just after getting your suspension reduced??? He should shut his mouth, sit the one game, and then finish out his career on the field.


Because Roger Goodell is still suspending him for no apparent reason. This is just a terrible attempt by the NFL to try and avoid admitting they were entirely wrong. I'm glad Scott isn't rolling over, even if I do think he isn't a big factor on the field.


So Goodell is brining all this negative publicity on the NFL, causing great harm to a NFL team (and an owner whom he represents!!), and spending thousands, if not millions, of dollars on lawyer fees on all this for what? no reason? We all know the reasons behind this. Fujita would not be targeted if the NFL had not pulled together credible evidence to back up their claims.

Again, Fujita should shut up, sit down, and be back the next week to help the team. This is just another distraction that the Browns do not need. Maybe Holmgren should put Fujita on "leave" until this is resolved... that would end the this immediately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group