Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameaday Thread: Rams vs. Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 5?
Cortland Finnegan- 5 tackles, 1 Sack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
James Laurinaitis: 7 tackles, 1 Sack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Robert Quinn: 3 Sacks, 1 FF, 4 Tackles
97%
 97%  [ 34 ]
Jo-Lunn Dunbar: 5 tackles, 1 Sack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sam Bradford: 141 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35

RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i really think the rams beat themselves. EASILY.

-Redzone offense needs to get better. This has been a problem for quite some time now.

-Greg the leg isnt at fault here. he IS human. People are forgetting he made 15 straight to start his career. hopefully he doesnt hang his head because he is special. I was dying to see that 66 yarder go in, but it didnt. Still impressive because most kickers wont even hit the net lol

-Bradford played a hell of a game. 300+ yards and a touchdown (on a sneak) but 6 points is 6 points. He didnt turn the ball over either. The only thing i was upset about was the sack he took at the end.

- Our rush offense was great. Against the #1 rush D they played lights out.

-Gibson had an AMAZING catch and had a good game. ALTHOUGH he had a big drop that would have been first and ten at the 15 i think. It happens though.

-The refs were awful, but again the rams did make alot of mental mistakes. They need to be more diciplined(spelling?)

-I honestly think that tannehill did alot of dink and dunk because that was their plan B gameplan. Plan A being running the ball all over us which didnt work out. If i was the dolphins coach id stay away from our secondary. if that was the plan, it worked

-our run D was awesome. i was nervous about reggie but hey.. 19 yards?

-In my opinion, i dont think jenkins blew his coverage. I dont care if he was looking into the backfield, you WILL see a reciever run right by you and you WILL follow him if its your job. Although he did that alot in college, i refuse to think he blew it. In other words.. Dahl, get off the team lol

- speaking of jenkins, alot of you might hate me for this but, i HATE when he returns punts. He makes me nervous. but at the same time i LOVE when he returns them. Make Sense? Laughing

-We are the youngest team in the NFL. Theyre learning. and they will learn to finish. i love the direction this team is heading. 3-3 and still a chance to make playoffs.

-Packers next and although the rams will be big underdogs here, when arent they?

With all that said, the rams will only get better. i trust fisher and i believe in the rams!!

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam is a warrior. You can just tell when he has weapons around him and an O-Line he will break out and will be a top QB in this league. IMO you can just tell he has it inside of him...

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Special Teamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the game yesterday.

Sam Bradford played well. I don't understand any arguments against him.
The only bad play he made happened to be taking that sack.

Brit Miller is an idiot. Once I saw him try and catch that ball (for WHATEVER REASON HE WAS THINKING?!?!?!) I knew he was going to fumble it.

Young GZ is human, then was almost inhuman again.
tim199009

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special Teamer wrote:
Went to the game yesterday.

Sam Bradford played well. I don't understand any arguments against him.
The only bad play he made happened to be taking that sack.

Brit Miller is an idiot. Once I saw him try and catch that ball (for WHATEVER REASON HE WAS THINKING?!?!?!) I knew he was going to fumble it.

Young GZ is human, then was almost inhuman again.

liar i was there i didnt see you

Kanye West= the GOAT
RamRod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher said Jenkins guessed on the route that allowed the TD.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So someone's gotta explain to me what on earth happened with Greg The Leg yesterday... I knew he missed the 66 yarder (still was impressive considering he easily had enough power Shocked) but had know idea he was 2/5 and missed a chip shot! Was it windy or something? Did the Dolphins get a lot of pressure previously which made him adjust his kicking? Whatever it was I'm disappointed in Zuerlein Sad. Maybe calling him the best kicker in the league was a bit premature, but I think it's safe to say he has at least the 2nd strongest leg, likely the strongest. Probably just needs a little more experience and his accuracy should only improve with time. Definitely well on his way to being the best kicker in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
So someone's gotta explain to me what on earth happened with Greg The Leg yesterday... I knew he missed the 66 yarder (still was impressive considering he easily had enough power Shocked) but had know idea he was 2/5 and missed a chip shot! Was it windy or something? Did the Dolphins get a lot of pressure previously which made him adjust his kicking? Whatever it was I'm disappointed in Zuerlein Sad. Maybe calling him the best kicker in the league was a bit premature, but I think it's safe to say he has at least the 2nd strongest leg, likely the strongest. Probably just needs a little more experience and his accuracy should only improve with time. Definitely well on his way to being the best kicker in the NFL.

He has the strongest leg. As for what happened, no clue. He pulled all 3 kicks left. There was A LOT of wind and all 3 misses were in the same direction so that is part of it but I think he just got in a funk. I think he'll be fine though.

It really is too bad though that he pulled that 66 yarder, it would have been good from 72. He'll break the record.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

He has the strongest leg. As for what happened, no clue. He pulled all 3 kicks left. There was A LOT of wind and all 3 misses were in the same direction so that is part of it but I think he just got in a funk. I think he'll be fine though.

It really is too bad though that he pulled that 66 yarder, it would have been good from 72. He'll break the record.

I really think that first one got into his head. In my opinion the day he had will only make him stronger.

Pick 2 and 13
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
With the first one, the 52 yarder, you could watch the wind take it left for the last 10 yards. That was the direction that a pretty stiff wind was blowing.

That one got in his head, and then the chip shot he was thinking too much about it. He picked up his head before he kicked it, just yanked it.

And the last one was incredible, was trying to make sure he had the Power and it was never on line
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I called this a few weeks ago..
The Media got to him. He longer was kicking
for the joy of it. The pressure was on. But He'll
bounce back. He knows Fisher and the Staff is
100% behind him.. They trust him and for the
long haul things will work out for the better..

Would have been great to collect that Win
however.

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chris Givens had 85 receiving yards Sunday, including a 65-yard reception. It marked the third consecutive game Givens hauled in a pass of 50-plus yards, following grabs of 51 yards against Arizona and 52 against Seattle. He's the first Rams receiver since Isaac Bruce in 2000 to accomplish that feat and the first NFL rookie to do so since Chicago's Willie Gault in 1983

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-notebook-bradford-spreads-passes-around/article_343700fe-e61d-5779-ae0b-b3a670b105bd.html

El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
St. Louis – Three Performances of Note

Opposite Sides

He’s struggled at times this year in pass protection, but Barry Richardson (+2.9) had a fine outing despite starting most of his snaps staring at Cameron Wake. Although he had some occasional help from his backs and tight ends, Richardson only allowed one sack and one hit against our highest graded 4-3 defensive end to go with some good run blocking. Next to Richardson, Harvey Dahl was perfect in pass protection while Robert Turner’s perfect day in pass protection leaves him tied for 2nd among centers in our Pass Blocking Efficiency signature stat.

The grass wasn’t so green across the center-line however. Wayne Hunter (-3.7) put up a performance reminiscent of his 2011 form giving up three sacks and two hits. His back to back pressures on the Rams’ final plays allowed Sam Bradford to get sacked, forcing a longer field goal which Greg Zuerlein was unable to get on target in spite of having the necessary distance to kick the 66 yard attempt. Quinn Ojinnaka (-3.7), forced to start due to injuries along the offensive line, continues to look overmatched. He gave up three pressures for the fourth time in five games, and committed two penalties to boot. A mixed day indeed.

Questionable Coverage

After such a solid start to the year, it was disappointing to see Janoris Jenkins (-4.0) have such a rough time in coverage. He allowed all nine balls thrown his way to be completed, including a completely busted coverage (5:32 in the 2nd) where he allowed Marlon Moore to get behind him for a very easy touchdown. Jenkins got caught, as young corners often do, staring into the backfield and simply lost track of Marlon Moore allowing him past him before he had even turned. Add to that three missed tackles and a fumble on a punt return and you end up with a performance the rookie will want to forget, very quickly.

The Other Dimension

There may have been issues in coverage, but the Rams had little trouble shutting down the run. The Rams established their dominance early on, only allowing 3 yards on five carries at half-time, forcing the Dolphins to be one dimensional from very early on. Miami could only muster 33 rushing yards, 19 of which came on two plays. Jermelle Cudjo (+2.4 run defense) made the most of his seven snaps in run defense, getting the better of the right side of the Dolphins’ line. JoLonn Dunbar (+3.Cool built off his impressive game against the Cardinals with some solid work against the run, not to mention a couple of sacks. After three straight grades in the red to start the season, Kendall Langford (+2.9) built upon his strong performance against Arizona with a fine start on his return to Miami as he made life difficult for John Jerry, beating him twice for stops in the run game and once for a pressure.

ajhicks11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving on to next week.....

I think the Packers are going to be our toughest match-up of the season. Although we have faced very tough defenses, I think the Packers present a problem we have not faced. Rodgers ability to spread the ball around the field, coupled with the talented receiving core is going to be tough for our defense. We really need to get after Rodgers, make him think quicker than normal.

We are also facing a tough defense. Although they may not seem this way so far, Mathews has the ability to make us very quickly curl into a ball. I was happy with how the ball went to so many people last week, almost happy enough to make me happy to see Amendola out-ALMOST.

WE NEED TO COME IN WITH AN EXCELLENT GAMEPLAN...but that is part of it every week.

Pick 2 and 13
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:

I think the Packers are going to be our toughest match-up of the season. Although we have faced very tough defenses, I think the Packers present a problem we have not faced. Rodgers ability to spread the ball around the field, coupled with the talented receiving core is going to be tough for our defense. We really need to get after Rodgers, make him think quicker than normal.

We are also facing a tough defense. Although they may not seem this way so far, Mathews has the ability to make us very quickly curl into a ball. I was happy with how the ball went to so many people last week, almost happy enough to make me happy to see Amendola out-ALMOST.

WE NEED TO COME IN WITH AN EXCELLENT GAMEPLAN...but that is part of it every week.

I think we need to use SJ to neutralize Matthews and defensively, we need a big game from Janoris. I know he's a rookie but he needs to play smart this week. Don't be over-aggressive. Rodgers will see it and make you pay.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:

I think we need to use SJ to neutralize Matthews and defensively, we need a big game from Janoris. I know he's a rookie but he needs to play smart this week. Don't be over-aggressive. Rodgers will see it and make you pay.

I completely agree with you, although I think it is get our running game going. I still feel like Janoris is due for one of his 'highlight' plays. I thought it was going to happen last week, but I was incredibly disappointed in his punt returns-not too mention giving up the TD. I will be interested to see what our defense has planned for this week. Cortland has seemed a bit quiet lately.

Pick 2 and 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: