Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameaday Thread: Rams vs. Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 5?
Cortland Finnegan- 5 tackles, 1 Sack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
James Laurinaitis: 7 tackles, 1 Sack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Robert Quinn: 3 Sacks, 1 FF, 4 Tackles
97%
 97%  [ 34 ]
Jo-Lunn Dunbar: 5 tackles, 1 Sack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sam Bradford: 141 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35

Author Message
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2110
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a very good game with some amazing throws. His deep ball gets better and better. I think the red zone issues are primarily line play and maybe a little on the play calling. He's gone up against four very good defenses, maybe even five cause the skins are good or were before those injuries in the game against us. The next two defenses can apply some pressure but are capable of giving up yardage and touch downs. We then have the bye week followed by a trip to SF.

It's going to be fun to watch him grow with the rest of the WR's while Danny is out and then turn it up with all of them the last part of the season.
_________________

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2110
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
The Danny Injury could be a blessing in disguise.
To make Sam trust other WR's..
So sad I didn't see more Smith..


Quick is beyond raw and lacks football IQ..
His football IQ is very bad.. Either that or he's
not just expecting Sam to throw him the ball..

Gibson man... I hope he can keep this up.
He has been very good this year minus the Bears game..
He has the tools to be a very good 2.. Because he's strong
and runs solid routes.. We still badly need that number 1.


Sam played awesome today..


It's funny you mention that because I watched a tape breakdown of the INT last week and they discussed that very thing that Quick doesn't run his full route when he's not the 1st or 2nd option and he doesn't anticipate the route changes off the blitz. We saw that at least once today.
_________________

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17002
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
El ramster wrote:
The Danny Injury could be a blessing in disguise.
To make Sam trust other WR's..
So sad I didn't see more Smith..


Quick is beyond raw and lacks football IQ..
His football IQ is very bad.. Either that or he's
not just expecting Sam to throw him the ball..

Gibson man... I hope he can keep this up.
He has been very good this year minus the Bears game..
He has the tools to be a very good 2.. Because he's strong
and runs solid routes.. We still badly need that number 1.


Sam played awesome today..


It's funny you mention that because I watched a tape breakdown of the INT last week and they discussed that very thing that Quick doesn't run his full route when he's not the 1st or 2nd option and he doesn't anticipate the route changes off the blitz. We saw that at least once today.


Yep. There's a reason why he doesn't have a large role in this offense yet. He's still learning.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tim199009


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 1194
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Bradford showed me a little something today. and im honestly one of his biggest critics on here. he's still nowhere he needs to be at this point. But i do believe we need to open up the passing game a bit more for him now.


And where's that at? Because he played like a very good QB today.


like the number one overall pick. all those yards and completion percentage, and no tds. And at this point if thats still acceptable to you than all those years of mediocrity has screwed your perception.
_________________
Rams Rams Rams





Kanye West= the GOAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
D9-EM


Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 607
Location: St. Louis, MO
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Bradford showed me a little something today. and im honestly one of his biggest critics on here. he's still nowhere he needs to be at this point. But i do believe we need to open up the passing game a bit more for him now.


And where's that at? Because he played like a very good QB today.


like the number one overall pick. all those yards and completion percentage, and no tds. And at this point if thats still acceptable to you than all those years of mediocrity has screwed your perception.


+1

BTW, We're back in the basement of the NFC West. Brick wall
_________________
Go Rams!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43730
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Bradford showed me a little something today. and im honestly one of his biggest critics on here. he's still nowhere he needs to be at this point. But i do believe we need to open up the passing game a bit more for him now.


And where's that at? Because he played like a very good QB today.


like the number one overall pick. all those yards and completion percentage, and no tds. And at this point if thats still acceptable to you than all those years of mediocrity has screwed your perception.


What's the #1 pick supposed to play like?

And he did score a TD. Red-zone offense as a whole needs improvement.

And yea, Bradford's performance today was quite acceptable to me. I don't get hung up on stupid statistics. I watched the guy play and he played his heart out. The offense, as a whole, falls apart in the red-zone. Hard to pin-point one player as being solely at fault. Bradford needs to improve and he will but so do our WRs, HBs and OL.

This is a team game, the team's failure is the team's failure. It's not all laid upon Bradford like some of you believe it should.

My perception is fine. The question becomes if your expectations are reasonable and if you're just going to blame Bradford either ways when we lose because "he's the QB and a #1 overall pick".
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tim199009


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 1194
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Bradford showed me a little something today. and im honestly one of his biggest critics on here. he's still nowhere he needs to be at this point. But i do believe we need to open up the passing game a bit more for him now.


And where's that at? Because he played like a very good QB today.


like the number one overall pick. all those yards and completion percentage, and no tds. And at this point if thats still acceptable to you than all those years of mediocrity has screwed your perception.


What's the #1 pick supposed to play like?

And he did score a TD. Red-zone offense as a whole needs improvement.

And yea, Bradford's performance today was quite acceptable to me. I don't get hung up on stupid statistics. I watched the guy play and he played his heart out. The offense, as a whole, falls apart in the red-zone. Hard to pin-point one player as being solely at fault. Bradford needs to improve and he will but so do our WRs, HBs and OL.

This is a team game, the team's failure is the team's failure. It's not all laid upon Bradford like some of you believe it should.

My perception is fine. The question becomes if your expectations are reasonable and if you're just going to blame Bradford either ways when we lose because "he's the QB and a #1 overall pick".


honestly theres really no point in me arguing with you..
_________________
Rams Rams Rams





Kanye West= the GOAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43730
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Bradford showed me a little something today. and im honestly one of his biggest critics on here. he's still nowhere he needs to be at this point. But i do believe we need to open up the passing game a bit more for him now.


And where's that at? Because he played like a very good QB today.


like the number one overall pick. all those yards and completion percentage, and no tds. And at this point if thats still acceptable to you than all those years of mediocrity has screwed your perception.


What's the #1 pick supposed to play like?

And he did score a TD. Red-zone offense as a whole needs improvement.

And yea, Bradford's performance today was quite acceptable to me. I don't get hung up on stupid statistics. I watched the guy play and he played his heart out. The offense, as a whole, falls apart in the red-zone. Hard to pin-point one player as being solely at fault. Bradford needs to improve and he will but so do our WRs, HBs and OL.

This is a team game, the team's failure is the team's failure. It's not all laid upon Bradford like some of you believe it should.

My perception is fine. The question becomes if your expectations are reasonable and if you're just going to blame Bradford either ways when we lose because "he's the QB and a #1 overall pick".


honestly theres really no point in me arguing with you..


It's up to you. Just asking you to defend your point and "expectations". What is up to par for a #1 pick?
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tim199009


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 1194
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Bradford showed me a little something today. and im honestly one of his biggest critics on here. he's still nowhere he needs to be at this point. But i do believe we need to open up the passing game a bit more for him now.


And where's that at? Because he played like a very good QB today.


like the number one overall pick. all those yards and completion percentage, and no tds. And at this point if thats still acceptable to you than all those years of mediocrity has screwed your perception.


What's the #1 pick supposed to play like?

And he did score a TD. Red-zone offense as a whole needs improvement.

And yea, Bradford's performance today was quite acceptable to me. I don't get hung up on stupid statistics. I watched the guy play and he played his heart out. The offense, as a whole, falls apart in the red-zone. Hard to pin-point one player as being solely at fault. Bradford needs to improve and he will but so do our WRs, HBs and OL.

This is a team game, the team's failure is the team's failure. It's not all laid upon Bradford like some of you believe it should.

My perception is fine. The question becomes if your expectations are reasonable and if you're just going to blame Bradford either ways when we lose because "he's the QB and a #1 overall pick".


honestly theres really no point in me arguing with you..


It's up to you. Just asking you to defend your point and "expectations". What is up to par for a #1 pick?


I expect bradford to be a GREAT qb, a playmaker. Makes everyone else around him better. A quarterback where we can rely on his arm to win games. Hes just not there yet plain and simple.
_________________
Rams Rams Rams





Kanye West= the GOAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43730
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:


I expect bradford to be a GREAT qb, a playmaker. Makes everyone else around him better. A quarterback where we can rely on his arm to win games. Hes just not there yet plain and simple.


Honestly, though, how many guys are there? And how many of those guys were there in their 3rd year?

I'd just set my expectations to a very good QB and raise them once he gets there. Laughing
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tim199009


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 1194
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
tim199009 wrote:


I expect bradford to be a GREAT qb, a playmaker. Makes everyone else around him better. A quarterback where we can rely on his arm to win games. Hes just not there yet plain and simple.


Honestly, though, how many guys are there? And how many of those guys were there in their 3rd year?

I'd just set my expectations to a very good QB and raise them once he gets there. Laughing


i see where your coming from and all, but my logic of thinking is always in the grandeur. I want to be able to confidently say we have one of the best, if not the best qb/team in the league. And until then... well i'm not ever satisfied.
_________________
Rams Rams Rams





Kanye West= the GOAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6391
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Jenkins needs to focus more. 3 weeks in a row hes been beat deep. (he was beat deep against kolb and got lucky so im counting that.)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 43730
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
Also Jenkins needs to focus more. 3 weeks in a row hes been beat deep. (he was beat deep against kolb and got lucky so im counting that.)


I need to watch that on Coach's film. It seemed to me that Jenkins didn't know his assignment or that Dahl blew his coverage.
_________________

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 488
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Also Jenkins needs to focus more. 3 weeks in a row hes been beat deep. (he was beat deep against kolb and got lucky so im counting that.)


I need to watch that on Coach's film. It seemed to me that Jenkins didn't know his assignment or that Dahl blew his coverage.


Looked like he was expecting a run and just blew it lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 35535
Location: PAUL GEORGE'S BED!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People want elite.. But elite takes years..

Elite takes till year 5-6-7

Look at Matt Ryan. He is barely playing
to an elite level. For YEARS he has been a
dink and dunk passer.

Same for Brees-Brady..

The exception to the Rule is Peyton Manning though.
He was just a incredible QB with a insane IQ.

Seems like you guys want sizzle.
RG-Cam style.. But you forget that
Sam was spectacular his rookie year.

I absolutely love where Sam is at.
He's making plays man. That's all you want.
He gives us a chance to win the game. HOW
LONG has it been since we had that?
Do you guys miss the 20-40 point BLOW OUTS?
Because I don't. My heart is racing in every game.
Sam along with the offense is evolving. We are making
chicken salad with chicken Ish. You forget that we have
3 starters along the Oline missing.

As a team we are growing. Sam can only get better.
He is running when he needs to. He scrambles when
he needs to. He throws it out when he needs to.

Even Dolphin fans were impressed by him.
Dude has played 4 straight top 10 D's.
Cut him some slack... He is giving us
hope.. A hope of winning every game.

Our running game will only get better as well.
DR is too good not to notice. He will steal
carries away from Sjax. We have Givens who
looks to be a stud in the making.

This team can go no where but up..
_________________

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group