Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jerry Wants The O-line To Block Better
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acowboys62 wrote:
Ok, again, someone taking something and making it a bigger deal. Yes our O Line sucks, but they asked Jerry about it, what was he supposed to say "No our O Line is great"

Everyone and their fing mother wants us to block better. What the hell is he supposed to say?

Just playing devils advocate before some of you jump down my throat, I understand that Jerry bought the groceries and is now complaining about the meal.

That's a great point, but as you mentioned, the issue is that this is a problem that he created due to an inability to spot talent on the offensive line. Given our history, that's obvious. Jerry still thinks that he can go on the cheap and make chicken droppings into chicken salad because Jimmy Johnson was able to. What he doesn't understand or fails to recognize is that he doesn't have that ability and it has cost this team dearly for the better part of 16 years.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
atran35

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry once again DOOM the Boys. The OLINE was among the weak link last year. He chose to pick Livings( Descent ) and Mackenzie( HORRENDOUS ). He didn't resign Montrae Holland opting for Dockery. Holland has been on this team on and off as a starter for 4 years. And the BYE week has past? Any changes? nope...only prayer...
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Jerry once again DOOM the Boys. The OLINE was among the weak link last year. He chose to pick Livings( Descent ) and Mackenzie( HORRENDOUS ). He didn't resign Montrae Holland opting for Dockery. Holland has been on this team on and off as a starter for 4 years. And the BYE week has past? Any changes? nope...only prayer...

Maybe I'm looking at things through an overly critical lens, but I think it exposes how major a problem our o-line is when we look at either Holland or Dockery as guys who can come in and actually improve it.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerry Wants The O-line To Block Better Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4699055/jerry-jones-wants-to-see-the-offensive-line-block-better

Quote:
Jones was direct in saying he wants the line to improve and noted he's adding pressure to the interior of the line, Ryan Cook, Nate Livings and Mackenzy Bernadeau, to produce. Jones mentioned backup guard Derrick Dockery and his size, 6-6, 325 pounds, as someone who can also help.

And wasn't he going on record for the better part of the last 6 months telling us how greatly the line has improved with the on-the-cheap signings of Livings and Burnindeuce? Nope. No need for o-line help here. No reason to draft anyone when you have the chance. The roster was set!

Wait.....

EDIT:

I also find it lovely that he's the one going on record to say that the o-line needs to perform better rather than the head coach. You know, the guy whose job it is to make those statements.

So the GM cannot comment on his roster, I am confused, What is all right for a GM to comment on the players he has put on the field? Please enlighten us
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we can assume that Garrett, Callahan, and the rest of the group were dead set against the siging of these O line men? It all Jerry's fault once again huh?

Can we go ahead and give him credit for moving up for Clairborne and not picking DeCastro ( who is out and would be of no use to us and Konz who cannot crack the starting lineup in Atl?) Would we better off?
and we only 4 games in the season! we 2-2, GreenBay and Arizona just lost thier RB's for the season, we 1 game out of the division, there are so many people whohave given up on the is season ALL READY, I find that amazing !Ill resreve judgement after this 5 game stretch and see where we stand.

Coming out of the bye, they get Ratliff and Spencer back. Maybe Callahan dumbs it down for the Line and make some adjustment. yes, I kow the line sucks but nothing they can really do about til next season
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
I guess we can assume that Garrett, Callahan, and the rest of the group were dead set against the siging of these O line men? It all Jerry's fault once again huh?

Can we go ahead and give him credit for moving up for Clairborne and not picking DeCastro ( who is out and would be of no use to us and Konz who cannot crack the starting lineup in Atl?) Would we better off?
and we only 4 games in the season! we 2-2, GreenBay and Arizona just lost thier RB's for the season, we 1 game out of the division, there are so many people whohave given up on the is season ALL READY, I find that amazing !Ill resreve judgement after this 5 game stretch and see where we stand.

Coming out of the bye, they get Ratliff and Spencer back. Maybe Callahan dumbs it down for the Line and make some adjustment. yes, I kow the line sucks but nothing they can really do about til next season

I'm not going to comment on everything other than to point out that the poster committed one of my biggest pet peeves... Projecting an injury that occurred in one place and time to a different place and time. If DeCastro would have been drafted by any other team in the NFL, he would not have been injured in the same manner.

And, just because Konz can't crack the starting line up in ATL does not mean he would not crack the starting line up elsewhere. If Dallas had drafted Melvin Ingram this draft, he probably wouldn't crack the starting line up. Does that mean he's no good or couldn't contribute to another team?

The bottom line is that Dallas scores the second fewest points per game in the NFL. Given the offensive weapons on this team, that is horrendously awful. DeCastro and Konz probably would have been better TBH.

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:

I'm not going to comment on everything other than to point out that the poster committed one of my biggest pet peeves... Projecting an injury that occurred in one place and time to a different place and time. If DeCastro would have been drafted by any other team in the NFL, he would not have been injured in the same manner.

And, just because Konz can't crack the starting line up in ATL does not mean he would not crack the starting line up elsewhere. If Dallas had drafted Melvin Ingram this draft, he probably wouldn't crack the starting line up. Does that mean he's no good or couldn't contribute to another team?

The bottom line is that Dallas scores the second fewest points per game in the NFL. Given the offensive weapons on this team, that is horrendously awful. DeCastro and Konz probably would have been better TBH.

Agree with Slam, here. How do we know that DeCastro would get hurt in Dallas? You never know what can happen with these guys. Additionally, they are grooming Konz to be their center of the future, but until then, McClure is still more than serviceable. No need to rush a guy into it.

That said, I agree that DeCastro and Konz might have been better than Claiborne. I had been preaching that combo all offseason long. But realistically, that is not the combo that we would have ended up with. According to Jerry, they wanted Brockers and Wagner. I will never understand that, but that is what it s

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerry Wants The O-line To Block Better Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4699055/jerry-jones-wants-to-see-the-offensive-line-block-better

Quote:
Jones was direct in saying he wants the line to improve and noted he's adding pressure to the interior of the line, Ryan Cook, Nate Livings and Mackenzy Bernadeau, to produce. Jones mentioned backup guard Derrick Dockery and his size, 6-6, 325 pounds, as someone who can also help.

And wasn't he going on record for the better part of the last 6 months telling us how greatly the line has improved with the on-the-cheap signings of Livings and Burnindeuce? Nope. No need for o-line help here. No reason to draft anyone when you have the chance. The roster was set!

Wait.....

EDIT:

I also find it lovely that he's the one going on record to say that the o-line needs to perform better rather than the head coach. You know, the guy whose job it is to make those statements.

So the GM cannot comment on his roster, I am confused, What is all right for a GM to comment on the players he has put on the field? Please enlighten us

Perhaps you missed it but we actually did a poll in the forum where 90% of us agreed that Jerry should shut the hell up about player performance. Tell me one other GM in the NFL that goes to the media to talk specifically about players or players performance.

PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerry Wants The O-line To Block Better Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Quote:

Wait.....

EDIT:

Perhaps you missed it but we actually did a poll in the forum where 90% of us agreed that Jerry should shut the hell up about player performance. Tell me one other GM in the NFL that goes to the media to talk specifically about players or players performance.

Yep, I missed it, sorry I don't go check every post. Yes , Jerry should shut his mouth but doesn't, nothing I can do about it. Yes, If DeCastro was on another team , he prolly don't get hurt. So the offseason pickups on The O line aren't working out, but did the front office know that???? They thought it could work , that's why they went about improving the Defense and THEY have , do you think not? So now they are stuck with the 30th ranked offense. The way I see it, they can only go up from there but then again , I tend to see things in a positive light. If it don't work , let hope they address next year , even if they do go out and draft O line, I am sure There will be people crying about the picks as usual . Good luck boys , I have a feeling they gonna win this Sunday!!!!
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerry Wants The O-line To Block Better Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Quote:

Wait.....

EDIT:

Yep, I missed it, sorry I don't go check every post. Yes , Jerry should shut his mouth but doesn't, nothing I can do about it. Yes, If DeCastro was on another team , he prolly don't get hurt. So the offseason pickups on The O line aren't working out, but did the front office know that???? They thought it could work , that's why they went about improving the Defense and THEY have , do you think not? So now they are stuck with the 30th ranked offense. The way I see it, they can only go up from there but then again , I tend to see things in a positive light. If it don't work , let hope they address next year , even if they do go out and draft O line, I am sure There will be people crying about the picks as usual . Good luck boys , I have a feeling they gonna win this Sunday!!!!

I think this is a fair question... If the GM spent more time analyzing game tape and less time doing commercials and brokering deals with victoria secret, do you think he might have figured out Livings and Burningduece weren't very good??? You talk about Konz not starting as a rookie for the Falcons. Do you realize Burningduece didn't start last year for the Panthers as a vet?

CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no link to back this up, but I just saw a tweet by ProFootballFocus that Doug Free is ranked as the 64th best Tackle in the NFL. Now, if you aren't good at math don't fret. I got you.

There are 32 teams in the NFL.

Each starts 2 tackles.

That equals 64 starting Tackles in the league.

Therefore, Doug Free, according to them, is the worst starting Offensive Tackle in the National Football League.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
I have no link to back this up, but I just saw a tweet by ProFootballFocus that Doug Free is ranked as the 64th best Tackle in the NFL. Now, if you aren't good at math don't fret. I got you.

Each starts 2 tackles.

Therefore, Doug Free, according to them, is the worst starting Offensive Tackle in the National Football League.

Having to account for Bernadeuce certainly isn't doing Free any favors.

^^^mack
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Each starts 2 tackles.

Having to account for Bernadeuce certainly isn't doing Free any favors.

And I fully expect Bernadeuce to be the 64th best OG as well.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Each starts 2 tackles.

Based on what I've seen, I can't disagree with them.

BTW, good post.

PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerry Wants The O-line To Block Better Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Quote:

Wait.....

EDIT:

I think this is a fair question... If the GM spent more time analyzing game tape and less time doing commercials and brokering deals with victoria secret, do you think he might have figured out Livings and Burningduece weren't very good??? You talk about Konz not starting as a rookie for the Falcons. Do you realize Burningduece didn't start last year for the Panthers as a vet?

Do you think Jerry came to this conclusion by himself? Do you not think Garret , Callahan, and then scouting dept didn't have some input in the signing of these guys?? How long does it make a stupid commercial or broker a deal? im sure Jerry has people to work on this Is Jerry not entitle to personal time? What if instead of doing the commercial, he spent the time with his grand kids? Would that make it all right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: