Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TACT VIII: PUTTING T&A BACK IN TACT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
I am craving sushi so much right now! I need sushi!

Must. Resist. Comment.

^^^mack
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
JWingate wrote:
I am craving sushi so much right now! I need sushi!

Must. Resist. Comment.

Some call it sushi, here in Arkansas, we call it bait. We use it to catch catfish and then we fry the catfish.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Love Sushi
^^^
One of my favorites

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little information about where I hunt. I own 40 acres of timberland that used to be bordered by other private property. Unfortunately, the neighbors died a few years ago and the heirs sold their property to the Hot Springs Village, a private gated community where rich yankees go to retire/die. From my treestand, if I turn around, I can see a golf course. My stand overlooks an old woods road that seperates a thicket/bedding area, with a creek running through it, from a field. The whole area is covered in oak, pine, cedar and hickory trees. One of the primary deer trails leading from the HSV to my property is 75 yards from my stand. The closest house was 300 yards away and straight behind me. That all changed Wednesday, while I was at work.

Yesterday was my first full day hunt. I got to my tree stand 15 minutes before daylight. It was 30 degrees and my metal stand had frost on it. My arse was freezing! About 30 minutes after first light, I let a doe and 2 little ones go. Then, about an hour and 15 minutes after getting in my stand, I hear saws, hammers and all kinds of construction crap going on behind me. I got my binoculars out of my pack and investigated. A new house is being built on the golf course. I hunted my stand on Tuesday and saw no signs of construction. Apparently, on Wednesday, they started it. As if the noise of the construction wasn't bad enough, after using my laser rangefinder, the new house under construction is only 89 yards from my treestand. State law prohibits hunting with firearms within 150 yards of a house. To say I was unhappy would be an understatement.

At 9:00am, I had all I could take of the situation, so I undid the ratchet straps that hold my stand onto the tree and climbed down. Using my stepdad's 4 wheeler, I moved my stand to the opposite side of the property. I hunt out of a 15 foot tall, 2 man treestand. If you have never tried to put up a treestand, let me just say that doing it by yourself is challenging. Putting up a big one like mine, is even more of a challenge. After much cussing and sweating, I had my stand up and went about trimming the limbs that were in the way.

My stand now overlooks the other end of the bedding area/thicket, is about 50 yards from a main deer trail, looks up the opposite end of the old woods road and is close to the creek. It is also near an old food plot that we haven't planted this year, but it still has some stuff growing in it. I was pretty happy with my location, but I really liked the other spot better. I took a break for lunch at 1:00 and went back to my house. I got back in my stand at 2:30 and was going to hunt until it was too dark to shoot, which is about 5:30pm.

At 5:05, I saw a doe hop the creek and start feeding towards the field that is on the other side of the property line. She was feeding on some acorns and acting agitated. She kept looking behind her. Anyone who deer hunts knows that this indicates a buck might be following her, as the rut is winding down right now. At 5:20 I was getting frustrated and was about ready to shoot the doe. I decided to give it 5 more minutes, if a buck hadn't shown up, the doe was going down. My patience was rewarded at 5:24pm yesterday when I killed this...

He has 12 main points with an additional 12 points off of the main points. He is not the widest racked buck or the tallest tined buck I have ever killed, but with 24 total points, he definitely has the most points. If I had not moved my stand, I would likely never have seen this buck. I hit him right behind the shoulder and took out both lungs. He ran about 50 yards and piled up next to an oak tree. My stepdad heard me shoot from where he was hunting the foodplot. He came and helped me load the deer into his truck. We got it cleaned, skinned and hung in a tree lastnight to let it age. I will quarter it and butcher it on Saturday or Sunday. I am off work most of next week for hunting. When I come back next Friday, y'all can expect a pic of some fried tenderloin, mashed potatoes, green beans and biscuits.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
y'all can expect a pic of some fried tenderloin, mashed potatoes, green beans and biscuits.

With a tall glass of sweet tea (or cold beer) Drool

^^^mack
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Quote:
y'all can expect a pic of some fried tenderloin, mashed potatoes, green beans and biscuits.

With a tall glass of sweet tea (or cold beer) =P~

There will be a plate of each for me and Drew, sweet tea for him and a beer for me.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
http://youtu.be/s2nRWP10HEA

so whose down to beat this guys record?

My god.. This guy is effing crazy. CRAZY. I wanted to puke watching it.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:

This man. He knows.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So - not that anyone cares - but the surgery went well. Took a piece of her hamstring to attach the ACL back together. She is pretty sore, but doped up.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that idiot did puke...or died.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ht--not a huge main frame but man would I like to have that buck in my collection. Great Job! Was this with a high power?
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
ht--not a huge main frame but man would I like to have that buck in my collection. Great Job! Was this with a high power?

Shot it with a .30-06 loaded with 165 grain Remington Cor-Lokts at 70 yards. I was shocked that he went 50 yards after the shot.

DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
So - not that anyone cares - but the surgery went well. Took a piece of her hamstring to attach the ACL back together. She is pretty sore, but doped up.

glad to hear it, man. Surgery scares me.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

It's not that we didn't care, we just forgot to ask. There's a difference between not caring and not remembering. Never heard of a piece of the hammy being used to fix the ACL. Hopefully, her hammies aren't as fragile as Miles Austin's. If they are, they'll be re-doing the surgery soon.

Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/45-people-you-wont-believe-actually-exist-6z51

Check this out guys.

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 87 of 101

Jump to: