Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Safety Matt Johnson ruled out again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Safety Matt Johnson ruled out again Reply with quote

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Scoutís-Notebook-Tough-Luck-For-Johnson-Hopeful-On-Dez-/c1df11b5-0a03-46fd-944b-b5ec14456425

Quote:
I really feel terrible for Matt Johnson and the injury that he suffered to his left hamstring which was the one he originally hurt. Johnson was prepping to get his first game action of the season against the Panthers not only on special teams but he was getting some work with Gerald Sensabaugh in some packages with the defense.

So, what's your yall's thoughts on Johnson? This is his what, 3rd or 4th hammy problem since being drafted? Is it time to place him on IR and let him heal completely? Or, do we go extreme and cut our losses and find another Safety next offseason?

Here is another tidbit from the link

Quote:
My sources were telling me that his movements were outstanding and he had a really nice feel what he was going to have to do in the scheme that Rob Ryan had for him in this game

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gumby II

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR, this guy is too talented to just cut.

Give him next year. If he's injury riddled then, lets cut our losses when it's clear he's going to stay injured.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
JWingate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
IR, this guy is too talented to just cut.

Give him next year. If he's injury riddled then, lets cut our losses when it's clear he's going to stay injured.

agreed let him work the rest of the year and off season getting healthy. if it happens after that cut him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would keep him around a bit more. we need safety help, and as far as I know there really isnt anyone I would like to pick up. Not really anyone on any position actually, so I would rather have him stick around and hope that he gets ready to get some action this season.

- I wouldnt cut him. this guy is way to talented, and he was the last pick in the 4th round so his contract can't be that big. also I feel like a playmaker is what we need for a safety, and looking at his college stats, he sure can make INT's.
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep him around because we really don't know what we have in him and safety is a need. That being said I would not pass up drafting a stud safety if one is available simply because we have Johnson. That is my fear.
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrible pick. love it.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: