Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Other 2012 Draft Picks...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: The Other 2012 Draft Picks... Reply with quote

I don't know if we can put Josh Robinson in here (he's been in and out of the lineup) but:

Greg Childs - Out with those knee injuries

Robert Blanton - He's seen some time as a backup. Status up in the air.

Audie Cole - Did not play

Trevor Guyton- Cut

I think Blanton might make it as a backup as does Cole. I wish we got to see more of them this season because if Cole ends up being a solid middle linebacker, that would help out our depth issue. Blanton too.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Blanton. Right now he's playing special teams, and he normally is around the ball.

and in the one game Harrison Smith got ejected, Blanton came in and played very well for how little expierence he had.

I see a bright future for him if he continues to improve. I'd like to believe he'll grow as a starting safety for this team if we let Raymond/Sanford walk in the near future.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
Darth Brooks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings had a draft to envy.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you cant hit on every pick. I expect Robinson to atleast be a solid CB, worst case maybe he ends up a nickel CB. Robinson has showed a lot of good so far.

As for Blanton and Cole. I dont expect much of anything, and they are likely career backup types to being out of the league within a couple seasons.

Though I like Blanton and I see some potential in being a solid reserve and special teams standout.

Childs is likely just one of those players who practices well but is never able to put it together when it matters. Injuries seem likely to limit his career potential. I really dont expect him to be part of the roster in 2013. He really needs to be placed on injured reserve again in 2013, even if he is ready to, simply to not put stress on the knees so quickly and to maximize his recovery time. Not everyone is AD and even if Childs appears healthy, id rather not rush him back into the lineup. At the least, I expect Childs to be placed on the PUP list. As for his future, he is impossible to predict. I wouldnt be shocked if he is out of the league by 2014 nor would i be surprised if he emerges into a starting caliber WR. The potential is there for either alternative.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we had a hell of a draft in 2012, all analysts agree. no one ever hits gold on every pick. we did great.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audie Cole has played special teams in 5 games this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: