Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FA or Draft for WR's next year?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where should we target WRs for next season?
Draft
89%
 89%  [ 17 ]
Free Agency
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Our Practice Squad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Deal with what we have
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: FA or Draft for WR's next year? Reply with quote

This is something that I wonder what our FO is thinking when it comes to this topic. Obviously Stephen Ross is going to tell them that we need a legitimate #1, which is obviously far from the truth in our offense. Marlon Moore stepped up big for us yesterday with catches when we needed them. That is a positive to see when Hartline is getting doubled, but also a sign that this offense easily distributes the ball. Many names will be mentioned from now until the start of next year. I've heard posters mention Dwayne Bowe and Mike Wallace to name a couple. Those 2 will take money that could be well spent somewhere else. We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds next year and I think we can get 2 solid WR's with 2 of those pics. I feel like somewhere along the line Rishard Mathews is going to be productive for us. He has a similar skillset to a lot of the Packers WR's. I'm just curious to get some opinions on who you guys think we should/will go after. I think we should have some competition in camp next year like this year...just don't make it 7 rookies competing against each other like it seemed this year.

On the plus side...We have a guy who we can rely on to get them the ball!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the guys we have to resign, Bush, Long, Smith, and Hartline; I would prefer to draft WRs.

Sig by: PatsDynasty21
CanesFinsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should go after at least one vet and draft 2 some where in the first 3 of 4 rounds.

I would love to get Dwayne Bowe who might take a bit less money to come home. Others vet to look at are Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace. Wallace maybe to expensive though.

As for rookies I think Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter in the first. In rounds 2-4 there are a lot of WRs to keep an eye on through out the season. Here are some names. No particular order.
Terrance Williams
Marquess Wilson
Kenny Stills
Aaron Dobson
Da'Rick Rogers
DeAndre Hopkins
Tavon Austin
Ryan Swope

^ Thanks for the sig Delphi83^
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think we pick up a free agent & draft a WR in the 2nd-3rd round.

For the sake of discussion, I looked up WRs that are set to be free agents next offseason:

Danny Amendola
Devin Aromashodu
Ramses Barden
Dwayne Bowe
Joshua Cribbs
Victor Cruz
Donald Driver
Braylon Edwards
Brandon Gibson
Ted Ginn Jr.
Devery Henderson
Greg Jennings
Johnny Knox
Randy Moss
Jordan Norwood
Courtney Roby
Chaz Schilens
Jerome Simpson
Steve Smith (STL)
Brandon Stokley
Wes Welker

The bolded are guys I think we should target. Obviously there are a few good slot receivers on this list but I like Davone Bess in that role. We desperately need a #1 WR. I like Hartline as the #2. Dwayne Bowe would be ideal but he'll probably be franchise tagged.

Nacho Simulation Football League
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going draft for a WR.... now if we looking at TE.. Fred Davis (I belive) will be a FA....
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft a WR and bring in a TE incase Egnew never gets it. Count me out on fred davis he has tested positive twice already, dustin keller and jared cook are guys who can excell here. Cook is coming on strong for the titans and has speed
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Ross recently stated that a "#1 WR is the team's number 1 priority". For all the guys saying a #1 WR is not needed for this offense, please see Stephen Ross. Smile
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first round receivers. However a lot depends on how we deal with our large amount of free agents. Reggie Bush isn't feeling particularly indispensable right now.

FF Member #67
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Stephen Ross recently stated that a "#1 WR is the team's number 1 priority". For all the guys saying a #1 WR is not needed for this offense, please see Stephen Ross. Smile

I saw that same thing...Great....gotta love a busy-body owner who wants to play GM...

I voted for draft....I still don't see any Green/Megatron guys in this draft, there are several that should be an upgrade found in the late first early second.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin hunter has the chance to be a Aj green type maybe not that elite but he has special skills. same size same build and hunter ran track. Many are saying he is the first WR off the board. Keenen allen and robert woods are suited for the WCO and have good YAC. I prefer a TE in free agency and WR in draft. I wish Ross would shut up.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a HUGE AJ Green fan and wanted Miami to move up to get him at the time. Having said that, I watched the film on Hunter. He is a 25th - 35th pick type guy. And even at that I'm not a huge fan. He is not a hands catcher even though he has big hands to reach out and snatch the ball. He just looks awkward in his breaks, like he is just a tall lanky guy, and his on the field speed is certainly not 4.4 like advertised. He also doesn't attack the ball like I would want him too. He lets it come to him way too often. I just don't see that mean streak and competitive fire it takes to be elite in the NFL.

The guy I want and the guy who I would rate in the 10-15 spot in the draft is Keenan Allen. That guy is the real deal and exactly what our offense needs!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have said all along i prefer Keenen but i think hunter goes before top 20 time will tell. Hunter does look lanky and fragil i feel he is going to break in half when he gets tackled lol
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:

Yeah I saw that & I'm wondering how much of that might just be a desire to add sex appeal in Mia ...?

I firmly believe:

A). a STUD TE is the what this Off needs above & beyond WR.

B). Philbin will follow the Green Bay Mold of investing in the Oline first & then targeting nimble pass catching rote runners in rnds 2 - 3 & 4.

I support Philbin either way simply cause I have great confidence in that he knows what he wants &
what he needs to make it "do what it do".

He spent 7 - 8 yrs implementing a great, multifaceted offense with very good late rnd WRs.

sug
Warpticon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've stated before, a lot depends on what happens with the receivers we have now. There are still 10 games to go, and there are still a number of undeclared variables. Gaffney has yet to play, Egnew has yet to play, Matthews has yet to play, Moore has only just started playing. If one or more of those appears to be a dependable target, it changes the complexion of what to do next year.

BTW, those draftable receiver lists need more Cobi Hamilton. :p
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Smith STL always intrigues me, was very highly thought of in a receiver rich Giants team (Manningham, Nicks) but battled injuries
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: