Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Rams @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fasel1515 wrote:
Good win. This game wouldn't have been as close if the refs weren't terrible. Steratore hates us.

Oh please. Calls went both ways. One of your TDs came on a drive kept alive by a bogus PI call. I'll give you that should have been a fumble by Givens but they gave you guys a terrible roughing the passer call on the next drive.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Warpticon

fasel1515 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Good game guys.. Told you guys our corners were beast..

Stopped your passing attack..

21-29 with 2 TD's and a 112 rating. Plus there were 2-3 drops as well. Don't think there is a world where that is referred to as "stopping"...

They did keep the WRs in check most of the time outside of that TD pass, though.
fishfan4life

Yes your corners played well and didnt give up many big plays other then jenkins mental lapse. I like your young defense. Tannehill played well today and played tournover free football. Vernon has been getting alot of pressures lately and went into beast mode today him n wake could be nice
El ramster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DolphWins wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Good game guys.. Told you guys our corners were beast..

Stopped your passing attack..

Not really. Our passing attack was the same this week as it has been most other weeks except for the fluke game against the cardinals. Only difference between those weeks is Tannehill played better.

Most of his yards were from dink and dunks though. A lot of them were from that..

Heck of a game.

BBL
Brodie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game, we didnt deserve to win that one at all. Tannehill is looking alot better than I thought he would. Good luck rest of the year

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:
Good win. This game wouldn't have been as close if the refs weren't terrible. Steratore hates us.

Oh please. Calls went both ways. One of your TDs came on a drive kept alive by a bogus PI call. I'll give you that should have been a fumble by Givens but they gave you guys a terrible roughing the passer call on the next drive.

Not sure how you can claim that wasn't PI

^ Jamison on the sig.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dont we just agree it was a good game against 2 teams headed in the right direction.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainpd wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
For all the great play calls in that opening drive, I have to say I don't like the calls on this drive at all. Too conservative other than the dumb fake punt call that just so happened to work.

Lane should be running it in short yardage situations not Bush all the time.

Plus we have had no ability to run the football all day and suddenly when the other team knows we are trying to run the football we are supposed to be able to pick that stuff up? Stick with the plays that got us there up to that point. It was WAY too early to go all conservative on that last drive when we hadn't been able to run the ball all day.

On a side note, I told all you guys Brockers was the best DT in that draft. That guy eats up Blockers and makes it very difficult to run on them. That defense of theirs is legit cause it does everything well. They had a fantastic draft other than picking Quick about 3 rounds too early. They got Richardson, Givens, Jacobs, Jenkins, Brockers, etc, and 2 more first round picks in the future. Future is looking bright for the Rams.

Wish I could say the same things for these officials! One of the worst overall games of officiating I have seen in quite some time.

Vernon joined the big boys today and shows that a pass rusher might not need to be as high on our list of needs as many of us have said. I wouldn't mind a guy in the middle rounds with potential, but we are honestly pretty set out there as long as we keep Starks in the middle and don't have to keep Odrick in at DT the whole game.

Tannehill just had possibly his best game yet, and it was against one of the better defenses we have faced. He continues to get better and better every week. He still needs to work on some of the timing and ball placement at times, but he is the real deal! When he has more weapons in the future he is going to be really good.

I'm pretty sure their game plan going in was to double team Hartline and stop the run. It worked for the most part, but Bush was able to get the ball in space from time to time, and Moore was left wide open on one play.

Jake Long is still not entirely himself. Scheme mismatch or injuries? Let the debates continue.

Sean Smith doesn't do as well against smaller quicker and faster receivers. I hope we don't end up paying him like a top tier CB. He is getting much better and a solid number one CB in my opinion, but he isn't a shut down CB, and he is not the kind of guy you can stick on any type of receiver and expect the same kind of production. He gives up too much cushion to quicker receivers cause he knows he can't recover if he gets faked out.

Jonathon Martin has been a ghost since the Houston game. That speaks volumes about how good he is doing.

Number one need for this team by FAR is another playmaker/mismatch type guy on offense. All of our other needs pail in comparison to this one. Other needs in no particular order for me...

FS, LG, and another playmaker on offense (A flex TE, or another WR)

Depending on how Marhsall looks when he comes back from his injury to his back which made him look bad for the last couple of games before they pulled him out, we may need another CB. Carroll has turned into a very solid number 3 CB. I think Marshall is a solid number 2 CB when healthy, and I even like Wilson as a number 4 slash safety utility dime guy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are deff doing good.. Your DT's are massive Laughing

Good luck the rest of the way..

BBL
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:

I agree. The refs were just not good at all today. Called way too much garbage penalties and ticky tacky stuff and then would do things like the fumble play or others that just made you scratch your head.

The Rams are a good football team. I'd be surprised if you win less than 7 or 8 games this year. Both of our teams are young too, so the future looks bright. Just glad you aren't in our division.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:

I agree. The refs were just not good at all today. Called way too much garbage penalties and ticky tacky stuff and then would do things like the fumble play or others that just made you scratch your head.

The Rams are a good football team. I'd be surprised if you win less than 7 or 8 games this year. Both of our teams are young too, so the future looks bright. Just glad you aren't in our division.

Who stuck out from our d the most?
I saw that you liked brockers?
Dude has been an anchor the last
2 weeks..

BBL
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
You guys are deff doing good.. Your DT's are massive Laughing

Good luck the rest of the way..

Yea those corners were legit and the pass rush was scary.

Though I was completely right about your kicker. All kickers will slip up eventually. Its pointless to love your kicker, he will fail you at some point.

FF Member #67
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close, tough game. They missed three field goals, which hurt the Rams a lot... we got lucky there, as Zuerlin is one of the best young Kickers in football. Still, nice to see us not being on the poor end of the field goal stick this game.

Loved how Ryan Tannehill played in this game. He was focused and avoided mistakes, and threw for two TD. It was nice seeing him throw for TD instead of

I thought the refs tended to side with the Rams at every opportunity this game - I thought a lot of calls went their way when it should've went our's.

The Dolphins have to feel good about going into their bye 3-3. Hopefully we can get healthier & use this momentum to continue to play well in Week 8.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Manic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rams reminded me of our team the last few years. Good defense and on offense wed march down the field and settle for FGs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is your weird stat of the day,this is the first win in the 6th game of the year in the last ten years.
Miami is 1 and 9 now in the sixth game of the season in the last 10 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: