Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

new QB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6684
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the line, Smith came in for the jets yesterday and allowed a strip sack. Laughing
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god Wayne Hunter playing well? That's extremely scary...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yrba1


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1348
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
Oh god Wayne Hunter playing well? That's extremely scary...


Really must be the end of the world.... Laughing
_________________
♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamPackFan


Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 253
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: new QB? Reply with quote

j-stew32 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
We should've stayed where we were last year in the 1st round and picked RG3! I'm a huge Ram fan but Bradford is sucks, he's garbage. We should do all we can to get Geno Smith. It's not our Line or our WR's it's our gutless, fragile, immobile QB who can't make plays!

what do you guys think? how much longer should we wait til we move on?

btw, our defense is awesome!


I'm really not sure what I just read, but if you're not trolling you should try watching a game. His stats aren't good, but if you'd watch a game you'd see the drops, our pop warner interior O-line and sam being highly efficient in the short/intermediate game. It's easy to look at a box score and say "man he sucks" but watching the game and making intelligent observations isn't, and clearly you're not up for it.


im not trolling..just my observations..and yes, I do watch ALL the games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 20233
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is sucks.

Watch a football game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
bluesfreak74


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 1738
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: new QB? Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
j-stew32 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
We should've stayed where we were last year in the 1st round and picked RG3! I'm a huge Ram fan but Bradford is sucks, he's garbage. We should do all we can to get Geno Smith. It's not our Line or our WR's it's our gutless, fragile, immobile QB who can't make plays!

what do you guys think? how much longer should we wait til we move on?

btw, our defense is awesome!


I'm really not sure what I just read, but if you're not trolling you should try watching a game. His stats aren't good, but if you'd watch a game you'd see the drops, our pop warner interior O-line and sam being highly efficient in the short/intermediate game. It's easy to look at a box score and say "man he sucks" but watching the game and making intelligent observations isn't, and clearly you're not up for it.


im not trolling..just my observations..and yes, I do watch ALL the games.


are you under the influence of alcohol and drugs?
_________________


El Ramster on this beaut!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3871
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this guy getting roasted for questioning Bradford's play? He's been mediocre at best this year and played poorly the year before. Questioning his development is reasonable at this point.

Everyone knows the o-line and WR corp have not helped his progression, but that criticism swings both ways.

Rams fans do not want to discuss this issue because it is easier to just pretend Bradford is a victim of suspect team mates. Not true. His game needs improvement.

He has less throwing yards than Ryan Tannehill. I dare you to tell me that Tannehill's supporting cast is the difference. He's also been out produced so far this year by the likes of Carson Palmer and Kevin Kolb.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7713
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Why is this guy getting roasted for questioning Bradford's play? He's been mediocre at best this year and played poorly the year before. Questioning his development is reasonable at this point.

Everyone knows the o-line and WR corp have not helped his progression, but that criticism swings both ways.

Rams fans do not want to discuss this issue because it is easier to just pretend Bradford is a victim of suspect team mates. Not true. His game needs improvement.

He has less throwing yards than Ryan Tannehill. I dare you to tell me that Tannehill's supporting cast is the difference. He's also been out produced so far this year by the likes of Carson Palmer and Kevin Kolb.
No, actually its easier to listen to all the People around the League who actually know what they are talking about when it comes to evaluating QBs. And every one of them say Sam is a good QB and going to be even better.

Ill take their opinion on how good of a QB Sam is over someone who wants to throw out red herrings like who has more passing yards than him right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Why is this guy getting roasted for questioning Bradford's play? He's been mediocre at best this year and played poorly the year before. Questioning his development is reasonable at this point.

Everyone knows the o-line and WR corp have not helped his progression, but that criticism swings both ways.

Rams fans do not want to discuss this issue because it is easier to just pretend Bradford is a victim of suspect team mates. Not true. His game needs improvement.

He has less throwing yards than Ryan Tannehill. I dare you to tell me that Tannehill's supporting cast is the difference. He's also been out produced so far this year by the likes of Carson Palmer and Kevin Kolb.


Kolb is slightly better with WR's like Roberts and Fitz and picking up Floyd really helps. Can you tell me who's on our corp that's even half as good as Fitz? Carson Palmer has a better o-line than us but barely better stats and one less TD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9780
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Tannehill's passing yardage stats as an arguement doesn't really fly to me. He had one monster game, which inflated the overall number. Every other game he's been mediocre at best...

Not to mention that his offensive line is much better than what we have been able to put out there...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3871
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Why is this guy getting roasted for questioning Bradford's play? He's been mediocre at best this year and played poorly the year before. Questioning his development is reasonable at this point.

Everyone knows the o-line and WR corp have not helped his progression, but that criticism swings both ways.

Rams fans do not want to discuss this issue because it is easier to just pretend Bradford is a victim of suspect team mates. Not true. His game needs improvement.

He has less throwing yards than Ryan Tannehill. I dare you to tell me that Tannehill's supporting cast is the difference. He's also been out produced so far this year by the likes of Carson Palmer and Kevin Kolb.
No, actually its easier to listen to all the People around the League who actually know what they are talking about when it comes to evaluating QBs. And every one of them say Sam is a good QB and going to be even better.

Ill take their opinion on how good of a QB Sam is over someone who wants to throw out red herrings like who has more passing yards than him right now


What you're listening to isn't the educated opinions of "all the people around the league." What you are actually hearing is the media's interpretations and assertions, which are far from trustworthy.

You're basically saying Bradford is a good QB because you heard other people say so. Mostly, if not entirely, those people consist of media personalities. I don't care if they used to be coaches, they are members of the media now.

In contrast to "throwing out a red herring", relating Sam's play (and subsequent stats) to other Quarterbacks around the league is an attempt to shed light on just where he stands in this league, relative to his competition. I compared him to some QBs that have things in common with Bradford:

Palmer:Has very few weapons, lacks established familiarity with current offensive scheme.

Tannehill:Has limited weapons,not familiar with NFL offense. (Although his case is helped because of coaching overlap)

Kolb:Limited experience as a starter, terrible offensive line play.

In 2010, Bradford's best year to date, he averaged under 6 yards per pass attempt. That's pathetic.

In 2011, Bradford failed to complete even 55% of his passes, and threw no more than 1 touchdown in any game.

In 2012, Bradford played a strong game against a terrible, and injury depleted Redskins defense. His stats outside of that game:

58/111 (52%), 712 yards, 3 touchdowns vs. 4 interceptions.

That is poor play, and it is statistically consistent with his career norms.

Bradford either improves within the next year or so, or he will be a backup in this league. We all know he has the skill set, but does he have the mental fortitude?
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44048
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. Been hearing good things about Tanns Oline.
No one is Blind to Sam's struggle. But people seem to
forget that he is about to play a top 10 defense
For a 3rd straight week. Sam feasted on a weak
Washington defense. Sam flat out won us that game.
Defense Bent waaaaaaaay back and he carried us back.
To think he's a game.manager is nuts. We are 10 seconds
away from being 4-1. Everyone wants the numbers. I have
No doubt that they will come. He's progressing just fine..
last year was a sophmore slump. Just look at Cam.

Sam also made plays on Thursday when he was needed.
He took some licks and didn't look rattled.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3871
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Using Tannehill's passing yardage stats as an arguement doesn't really fly to me. He had one monster game, which inflated the overall number. Every other game he's been mediocre at best...

Not to mention that his offensive line is much better than what we have been able to put out there...


Bradford, similarly, had one game with a large amount of passing yards this year. That's why the comparison works, not why it doesn't.

I'm not saying those QBs are more talented than Sammy, just that they are producing at a similar rate. Our guy needs to improve, period.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3871
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Yeah.. Been hearing good things about Tanns Oline.
No one is Blind to Sam's struggle. But people seem to
forget that he is about to play a top 10 defense
For a 3rd straight week. Sam feasted on a weak
Washington defense. Sam flat out won us that game.
Defense Bent waaaaaaaay back and he carried us back.
To think he's a game.manager is nuts. We are 10 seconds
away from being 4-1. Everyone wants the numbers. I have
No doubt that they will come. He's progressing just fine..
last year was a sophmore slump. Just look at Cam.

Sam also made plays on Thursday when he was needed.
He took some licks and didn't look rattled.


Sure, we are 3-2.......

With a +2 point differential, and averaging less than 20 points per game.(19.2)

That average is only that high because of Greg the Leg's ability to hit a FG from Nebraska, and a defense that is 2nd in the league in INTs.

We are 28th in yards per play, 28th in yards per game, and 28th in red zone offense. I suppose you still believe that Bradford deserves credit for our winning record? Rolling Eyes
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9780
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Using Tannehill's passing yardage stats as an arguement doesn't really fly to me. He had one monster game, which inflated the overall number. Every other game he's been mediocre at best...

Not to mention that his offensive line is much better than what we have been able to put out there...


Bradford, similarly, had one game with a large amount of passing yards this year. That's why the comparison works, not why it doesn't.

I'm not saying those QBs are more talented than Sammy, just that they are producing at a similar rate. Our guy needs to improve, period.


Fair enough on the comparison, although I was trying to say using passing yardage as whole isn't a great way to determine value...

Like I said though, Tannehill has a much better O-Line in front of him. You can't disregard this as a factor for production, as Sam more often than not doesn't have adequate protection to scan the field. The coaching staff sees this and has adjusted the offense to maximize what can be done...

There are way too many of these types of variables with this team that directly impact Sam's production level...

I agree with the notion that Sam's production has to increase, but I think right now and over the recent past there have been way to many negative variables that interfere with how he can be graded/judged....

I need to see him having at least a good amount of what he should have around him (You'll almost never have it all at once in the NFL) first. Which has been almost non-existent to this point in his career...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group