You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We need Vinatieri, NOW!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBOKOP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: We need Vinatieri, NOW! Reply with quote

Currently we have no kicker. I do not want to go through a Conway scenario again or have to deal with the same issues that we have with our Punter. SI reports him likely to be a Packer. I hope TT shows him the money.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/03/01/free.agency.tracker/index.html

Thanks to epackfan for the sig
GreenBayAddict4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a possibility..but i just dont know what TT will do
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBayAddict4 wrote:

did TT sleep in or something today, Alarm clock not go off...or maybe he is going to sign the worst at each postion. anyways yea Vinateri needs to be a packer now more than ever, if not him then we are screwed i mean the next option is John Huston from Ohio St. or wutever school he is from.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
GreenBayAddict4 wrote:

did TT sleep in or something today, Alarm clock not go off...or maybe he is going to sign the worst at each postion. anyways yea Vinateri needs to be a packer now more than ever, if not him then we are screwed i mean the next option is John Huston from Ohio St. or wutever school he is from.

Oh please. Overpaying Ryan Longwell is not the answer.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
ROBOKOP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:
GreenBayAddict4 wrote:

I agree with you that Longwell was good in certain situations, he just at times seemed to be a little delicate when it came to his holder, etc. I also didnt want to overpay him. I dont think we can overpay Vinatieri though. He would likley be looking at 2.5 mil per year with a 3+ mil signing bonus.

Thanks to epackfan for the sig
onemoreyearfor4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to get rid of his kickoffs. Man those were brutal.
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBOKOP wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:
GreenBayAddict4 wrote:

I agree with you that Longwell was good in certain situations, he just at times seemed to be a little delicate when it came to his holder, etc. I also didnt want to overpay him. I dont think we can overpay Vinatieri though. He would likley be looking at 2.5 mil per year with a 3+ mil signing bonus.

Vinateri will be overpaid as well.
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vina-whatever-i needs to be a Packer. He has already proven that he can kick in the cold and clutch. I am high on him.
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onemoreyearfor4 wrote:
I am glad to get rid of his kickoffs. Man those were brutal.

I'm with you on this one. They never were in the 10 yard line or less.
P.S. What a bum, he went to the Vikings. I've lost all respect for him.

BUT: Just like Sharper, Longwell is on the decline in his career or he will be in one or 2 years. The Vikigns are signing these guys to longterm deals, too, like their Pro-Bowlers, who have proven themselves. I really hope Leber or Taylor suck, so they Vikings can lose some money on awasted player. YEAH! Arrow

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinatieri is the most obvious choice to replace Longwell. He has proven to be effective in winter conditions and has ice water running thru his veins! I don't know if I'd call him overpaid at $3million. He has the potential to win four or five games a year with his leg.
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Favre doesn't return, I don't really think it matters if we have a kicker or not. I'd much rather give Grady 3 million per, rather than paying Vinatieri 2 million per. He's getting old.

At this point, we may as well just get a scrub off the wire. If it gets to the point where we sign enough guys, and Favre returns, to make a run at the division, then we can think about getting an expensive kicker.
MadWisconian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree that a quality kicker is integral to a good team, the fact is we have more crucial areas to be concerned with. I see no point in bringing in a high paid kicker, when he will be utilized so very little next year. Whether Favre comes back for another year or not, we are rebuilding.
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadWisconian wrote:
While I agree that a quality kicker is integral to a good team, the fact is we have more crucial areas to be concerned with. I see no point in bringing in a high paid kicker, when he will be utilized so very little next year. Whether Favre comes back for another year or not, we are rebuilding.

Give me Hutch and Owens and Favre's return and we'll win the NFC North.

Put that in yer rebuilding pipe. What a sham trying to be placed on Packer fans...rebuilding, my keister. There's really no such thing as rebulding anymore because as soon as you think you've rebuilt, ya gotta do it again.

Let's all agree not to use a word that has absolutely no relevance in today's game of the NFL.

Rebuilding....oh, that's rich!!!
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What really irritates me is seeing the Vikings as possible suitors for more than half of those players, and the Packers for only one. That guy will NOT end up here, guaranteed.

At Fan Fest, TT was asked whether he plans to alter his conservative views toward FA, and he said not at all.

We as fans need to stop looking at FA, because nothing is going to happen that will be a positive for us.
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
What really irritates me is seeing the Vikings as possible suitors for more than half of those players, and the Packers for only one. That guy will NOT end up here, guaranteed.

At Fan Fest, TT was asked whether he plans to alter his conservative views toward FA, and he said not at all.

We as fans need to stop looking at FA, because nothing is going to happen that will be a positive for us.

You sound like a soundbite off packers.com.

Let the propaganda wars begin ...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: