Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7419
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
if any texans fans are 'nervous' about this game. then clearly, they don't watch enough football...this game will be a big fat joke.


the game will probably be close, or maybe even pack leading at half time, then in the 2nd half, we'll completely abandon the run game, and get blown out by 20 unanswered.


texans easily, 34-17


I still don't care if the Packers are 2-3, I am nervous about this game. The Texans are bound for a loss soon (no way I see them going undefeated) and I'd rather them lose early and to the Packers than lose to the Ravens next week. Cushing being out means Rodgers can attack the middle with James Jones, Randall Cobb or even Finley.


Don't be. We can't run the ball, our QB's accuracy leaves alot to be desired, our O line can't block worth a darn, our WRs have a bad case of the drops and our defense continues to leave the middle of the field wide open. Most of us are praying we don't get embarassed on national television and we don't suffer another major injury.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marco79


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 11545
Location: Bloomington, IN
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
ET, the warm and fuzzies can come from the fact that we won a game last week that we would have found a way to lose every year but this one.

There is a definite line in sports between being critical and learning from mistakes, and being pessimistic. Pessimism breads self doubt and loss of eam unity; being critical of ones self and learning leads to an increase in play.


Exactly. Players have bad games. 1 bad game doesn't mean we now suck.
_________________

adopt-a-texan
ryan griffin, te: 2 receptions, 18 yards, 2 tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4239
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
if any texans fans are 'nervous' about this game. then clearly, they don't watch enough football...this game will be a big fat joke.


the game will probably be close, or maybe even pack leading at half time, then in the 2nd half, we'll completely abandon the run game, and get blown out by 20 unanswered.


texans easily, 34-17


I still don't care if the Packers are 2-3, I am nervous about this game. The Texans are bound for a loss soon (no way I see them going undefeated) and I'd rather them lose early and to the Packers than lose to the Ravens next week. Cushing being out means Rodgers can attack the middle with James Jones, Randall Cobb or even Finley.


Don't be. We can't run the ball, our QB's accuracy leaves alot to be desired, our O line can't block worth a darn, our WRs have a bad case of the drops and our defense continues to leave the middle of the field wide open. Most of us are praying we don't get embarassed on national television and we don't suffer another major injury.


If that's how yall feel, then the only difference between our teams is our record. (Where we havnt been tested sorta) If we didn't have Watt we we'd probably be 4-1 possibly 3-2.
_________________
^Kempes on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4239
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injury Reports:

Texans

Ben Tate: Probable – RB – Tate missed the Texans’ first prime time showdown of the 2012 season with an injured big toe. However, after a couple of light weeks of practice, he will be back on the active roster on Sunday.

Lestar Jean: Probable – WR—The young wide receiver had to have arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus that he sustained in the week 3 match up with the Broncos. After attacking his rehab for a week, he was able to return to the practice field, and should be a go on Sunday night.

Quentin Demps: Out – S – He is still not practicing after having two surgeries to his forearm and thumb. It looks like it could be a couple more weeks before we see Demps back on the active roster on game day.

Brian Cushing: Out – ILB – No surprise here, Brian Cushing is out for the rest of the season due to a questionable block by Matt Slauson. The surprise, for most fans anyway, is the level of play that the Texans should get from his replacement, Tim Dobbins.



Packers

B.J. Raji: Questionable – DT – This would be a massive loss for the Packers. Literally. He’s about 6’2” and tips the scales around 240 lbs. For a team getting prepped to take on one of the most potent running attacks in the NFL, losing the guy who attacks the running game with Raji’s veracity will leave a void in the Packer’s run D.

Jermichael Finley: Questionable – TE – For an offense who hangs their hats on their ability to throw the ball, the Packers have been disappointing to say the least during the start of the 2012 season. Add to their lack luster performance to date to the fact that Finley hasn’t practiced all week with an injured shoulder, and things begin to look even worse.

Greg Jennings: Out – WR – Yet another one of Aaron Rodgers’ favorite targets will not be taking the field on Sunday. He has had a nagging groin injury for the past week, and has been officially been ruled out by Mike McCarthy.

Cedric Benson: Out – RB – For those still pouting about the loss of Cushing, you aren’t alone. The whole state of Wisconsin is feeling the pain after Benson, who had been ripping up big games on the ground, went down with a torn ACL. At least the Texans had someone to step in and play at a high level, the packers just lost their ground game.

(Credit cbsradio)
_________________
^Kempes on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 28126
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Injury Reports:

Texans

Ben Tate: Probable – RB – Tate missed the Texans’ first prime time showdown of the 2012 season with an injured big toe. However, after a couple of light weeks of practice, he will be back on the active roster on Sunday.

Lestar Jean: Probable – WR—The young wide receiver had to have arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus that he sustained in the week 3 match up with the Broncos. After attacking his rehab for a week, he was able to return to the practice field, and should be a go on Sunday night.

Quentin Demps: Out – S – He is still not practicing after having two surgeries to his forearm and thumb. It looks like it could be a couple more weeks before we see Demps back on the active roster on game day.

Brian Cushing: Out – ILB – No surprise here, Brian Cushing is out for the rest of the season due to a questionable block by Matt Slauson. The surprise, for most fans anyway, is the level of play that the Texans should get from his replacement, Tim Dobbins.



Packers

B.J. Raji: Questionable – DT – This would be a massive loss for the Packers. Literally. He’s about 6’2” and tips the scales around 240 lbs. For a team getting prepped to take on one of the most potent running attacks in the NFL, losing the guy who attacks the running game with Raji’s veracity will leave a void in the Packer’s run D.

Jermichael Finley: Questionable – TE – For an offense who hangs their hats on their ability to throw the ball, the Packers have been disappointing to say the least during the start of the 2012 season. Add to their lack luster performance to date to the fact that Finley hasn’t practiced all week with an injured shoulder, and things begin to look even worse.

Greg Jennings: Out – WR – Yet another one of Aaron Rodgers’ favorite targets will not be taking the field on Sunday. He has had a nagging groin injury for the past week, and has been officially been ruled out by Mike McCarthy.

Cedric Benson: Out – RB – For those still pouting about the loss of Cushing, you aren’t alone. The whole state of Wisconsin is feeling the pain after Benson, who had been ripping up big games on the ground, went down with a torn ACL. At least the Texans had someone to step in and play at a high level, the packers just lost their ground game.

(Credit cbsradio)

Thanks LBJChris. I'll update the OP.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7419
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Injury Reports:

Texans

Ben Tate: Probable – RB – Tate missed the Texans’ first prime time showdown of the 2012 season with an injured big toe. However, after a couple of light weeks of practice, he will be back on the active roster on Sunday.

Lestar Jean: Probable – WR—The young wide receiver had to have arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus that he sustained in the week 3 match up with the Broncos. After attacking his rehab for a week, he was able to return to the practice field, and should be a go on Sunday night.

Quentin Demps: Out – S – He is still not practicing after having two surgeries to his forearm and thumb. It looks like it could be a couple more weeks before we see Demps back on the active roster on game day.

Brian Cushing: Out – ILB – No surprise here, Brian Cushing is out for the rest of the season due to a questionable block by Matt Slauson. The surprise, for most fans anyway, is the level of play that the Texans should get from his replacement, Tim Dobbins.



Packers

B.J. Raji: Questionable – DT – This would be a massive loss for the Packers. Literally. He’s about 6’2” and tips the scales around 240 lbs. For a team getting prepped to take on one of the most potent running attacks in the NFL, losing the guy who attacks the running game with Raji’s veracity will leave a void in the Packer’s run D.

Jermichael Finley: Questionable – TE – For an offense who hangs their hats on their ability to throw the ball, the Packers have been disappointing to say the least during the start of the 2012 season. Add to their lack luster performance to date to the fact that Finley hasn’t practiced all week with an injured shoulder, and things begin to look even worse.

Greg Jennings: Out – WR – Yet another one of Aaron Rodgers’ favorite targets will not be taking the field on Sunday. He has had a nagging groin injury for the past week, and has been officially been ruled out by Mike McCarthy.

Cedric Benson: Out – RB – For those still pouting about the loss of Cushing, you aren’t alone. The whole state of Wisconsin is feeling the pain after Benson, who had been ripping up big games on the ground, went down with a torn ACL. At least the Texans had someone to step in and play at a high level, the packers just lost their ground game.

(Credit cbsradio)


Not having these players available and being on the road against an undefeated team on national television (plus our other issues) are reasons enough for most Packer fans to not feel very confident going into a game such as this.

BTW, Benson didn't tear a ACL. He suffered a Lisfranc foot injury. We put him that new IR list where he can come back later in the season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 7466
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:


B.J. Raji: Questionable – DT – This would be a massive loss for the Packers. Literally. He’s about 6’2” and tips the scales around 240 lbs. For a team getting prepped to take on one of the most potent running attacks in the NFL, losing the guy who attacks the running game with Raji’s veracity will leave a void in the Packer’s run D.



a 240 pound nose tackle doesnt really scare me lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
strat1080


Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 1724
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
ECPackers wrote:
if any texans fans are 'nervous' about this game. then clearly, they don't watch enough football...this game will be a big fat joke.


the game will probably be close, or maybe even pack leading at half time, then in the 2nd half, we'll completely abandon the run game, and get blown out by 20 unanswered.


texans easily, 34-17


I still don't care if the Packers are 2-3, I am nervous about this game. The Texans are bound for a loss soon (no way I see them going undefeated) and I'd rather them lose early and to the Packers than lose to the Ravens next week. Cushing being out means Rodgers can attack the middle with James Jones, Randall Cobb or even Finley.


Don't be. We can't run the ball, our QB's accuracy leaves alot to be desired, our O line can't block worth a darn, our WRs have a bad case of the drops and our defense continues to leave the middle of the field wide open. Most of us are praying we don't get embarassed on national television and we don't suffer another major injury.


I think some of us Packers fans became spoiled after Rodgers' super-human performance last year. Rodgers is still playing at a high level but he set the bar so high that what he's doing this year makes him seem like he's playing like Mark Sanchez. Yes he's off on a few throws per game but his accuracy is still among the top of the league. Every other QB is going to miss a few throws per game. We became spoiled with his ridiculous accuracy last year. I mean he missed a throw like once every four games. I'm not seeing that much of a regression by Rodgers this year. The rest of the offense has simply regressed. Jennings has been in and out of the lineup. Finley missed almost the entire preseason and hasn't really established a rapport with Rodgers. The OL has been atrocious to put it lightly.

I'm not sure if Raji being out is really that much of a hit. Few people remember that when Pickett was the NT in 2009 the Packers had the best run defense in the NFL. Ryan Pickett is not much of a dropoff from Raji. He's a really good run-stopping DL. He just doesn't offer any pass rush whereas Raji did both. A rare trait for a NT. However, I'll say that Pickett being in there is actually an upgrade playing the run. Since Raji has won the NT position the Packers haven't really been that great against the run. They were #18 against the run when they won the Super Bowl, and were pretty bad last year and have continued to be this year. When it comes down to it, Raji really hasn't been that good since 2010. I don't think its as big a loss as some are claiming. His bread and butter is providing an inside pass rush while also holding up against the run. I think Pickett holds up better against the run but just doesn't offer any of Raji's pass rush. I do think that we have upgraded the pass rush with Perry, Worthy, and Neal so that we can work around Pickett's shortcomings. Just saying. Don't be surprised if we are actually better at stopping the run on Sunday Night. Pickett is a prototypical NT, while Raji is and always will be a really big 3 technique DT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4239
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Injury Reports:

Texans

Ben Tate: Probable – RB – Tate missed the Texans’ first prime time showdown of the 2012 season with an injured big toe. However, after a couple of light weeks of practice, he will be back on the active roster on Sunday.

Lestar Jean: Probable – WR—The young wide receiver had to have arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus that he sustained in the week 3 match up with the Broncos. After attacking his rehab for a week, he was able to return to the practice field, and should be a go on Sunday night.

Quentin Demps: Out – S – He is still not practicing after having two surgeries to his forearm and thumb. It looks like it could be a couple more weeks before we see Demps back on the active roster on game day.

Brian Cushing: Out – ILB – No surprise here, Brian Cushing is out for the rest of the season due to a questionable block by Matt Slauson. The surprise, for most fans anyway, is the level of play that the Texans should get from his replacement, Tim Dobbins.



Packers

B.J. Raji: Questionable – DT – This would be a massive loss for the Packers. Literally. He’s about 6’2” and tips the scales around 240 lbs. For a team getting prepped to take on one of the most potent running attacks in the NFL, losing the guy who attacks the running game with Raji’s veracity will leave a void in the Packer’s run D.

Jermichael Finley: Questionable – TE – For an offense who hangs their hats on their ability to throw the ball, the Packers have been disappointing to say the least during the start of the 2012 season. Add to their lack luster performance to date to the fact that Finley hasn’t practiced all week with an injured shoulder, and things begin to look even worse.

Greg Jennings: Out – WR – Yet another one of Aaron Rodgers’ favorite targets will not be taking the field on Sunday. He has had a nagging groin injury for the past week, and has been officially been ruled out by Mike McCarthy.

Cedric Benson: Out – RB – For those still pouting about the loss of Cushing, you aren’t alone. The whole state of Wisconsin is feeling the pain after Benson, who had been ripping up big games on the ground, went down with a torn ACL. At least the Texans had someone to step in and play at a high level, the packers just lost their ground game.

(Credit cbsradio)


Not having these players available and being on the road against an undefeated team on national television (plus our other issues) are reasons enough for most Packer fans to not feel very confident going into a game such as this.

BTW, Benson didn't tear a ACL. He suffered a Lisfranc foot injury. We put him that new IR list where he can come back later in the season.


We dont say the L word around here
_________________
^Kempes on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4239
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I can't wait for tomorrow. Hopefully Kub doesn't handcuff us with his play calling and Tate comes in to take some carries off of Arian. Also our new return man!
_________________
^Kempes on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ECPackers


Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Posts: 1099
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:


B.J. Raji: Questionable – DT – This would be a massive loss for the Packers. Literally. He’s about 6’2” and tips the scales around 240 lbs. For a team getting prepped to take on one of the most potent running attacks in the NFL, losing the guy who attacks the running game with Raji’s veracity will leave a void in the Packer’s run D.



a 240 pound nose tackle doesnt really scare me lol



even at 337lbs, he doesn't scare anyone. just stops the a gap...which is fine, but not much pass rush. i miss that howard green! just a ball player. not athletic, not really good at all, but did his job, adequately.
_________________
GREEN BAY PACKERS
JARRET BUSH IS MY BOY!
Brewers
Bucks
Badgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 28126
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:


B.J. Raji: Questionable – DT – This would be a massive loss for the Packers. Literally. He’s about 6’2” and tips the scales around 240 lbs. For a team getting prepped to take on one of the most potent running attacks in the NFL, losing the guy who attacks the running game with Raji’s veracity will leave a void in the Packer’s run D.



a 240 pound nose tackle doesnt really scare me lol



even at 337lbs, he doesn't scare anyone. just stops the a gap...which is fine, but not much pass rush. i miss that howard green! just a ball player. not athletic, not really good at all, but did his job, adequately.

TBH, I still would take him at nose tackle over Cody and Mitchell.

BTW, IT'S GAMEDAY BABY! LET'S GO!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4239
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
BTW, IT'S GAMEDAY BABY! LET'S GO!


Waaaaahoooooooooo! Are we discussing in here or in the SNF Thread in the general forum?
_________________
^Kempes on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 13922
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
BTW, IT'S GAMEDAY BABY! LET'S GO!


Waaaaahoooooooooo! Are we discussing in here or in the SNF Thread in the general forum?


prolly snf thread......LETS ROCK THESE CHEESE CURDS
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4239
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
BTW, IT'S GAMEDAY BABY! LET'S GO!


Waaaaahoooooooooo! Are we discussing in here or in the SNF Thread in the general forum?


prolly snf thread......LETS ROCK THESE CHEESE CURDS


That's what I thought, here's the link

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=501981
_________________
^Kempes on the sick sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group