Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jargin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me an optimist, I think the Texans are going to be just fine. Cushing is a great player. No one doubts that. But ILB is a position that, to me, can be held down by a decent player moreso than a position like CB or DE when it is crystal clear they can't get the job done 1 on 1. Cushing's best asset, as many of you have said already, is his ability to cover backs out of the backfield as well as blitz. I don't think we will lose a bunch on defense with him out. We still have the players to put pressure on the QB, we still have our starting 4 DB's even if Joseph is dealing with an injury, and we still have Wade Phillips, who can put the players he has in a position to succeed. Everyone who is calling for a position change for Barwin or Mercilus or Reed I think is just trying to put "the best players on the field possible" but the Texans aren't going to change everything they have been doing all of a sudden just to accommodate that. I think Phillips will stick with James and Dobbins at ILB and make a change if its really necessary.

We saw a lot from Monday Night. We saw Arian have a monster game and really show why he is the best back in football today. We saw Schaub operate the offense like usual and even though he didn't throw to Dre as much as we are used to seeing, keep in mind, the Jets gameplan was to not let Andre beat them. They had Cromartie and often times a safety over the top of Dre. If teams are going to commit that many players and that much attention to Dre, then Schaub is going to take the passes to OD, Casey and Walter all day. Its just throwing to the open man. I really like what I saw from Foster. Agility, speed, balance, his great hands. The guy is the total package, as we all know. Its just fun to watch him. I'm gonna invest in a Foster jersey. I should have had one already, I dunno what I was waiting on.

As long as the triplets on offense are healthy, the front 5 and the back end of the D are healthy, we are going to be fine. And this game against the Packers is going to be incredible. Reliant Stadium is going to be so loud. So. Loud.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph NEEDS to sit out this game. He looked a whole step slower than he used to and it looked like it got worse throughout the game. We cannot afford for his injury to worsen over 1 game. Give Harris a shot to play, Joseph needs to sit.

To me GB is the one team you don't want to play. IMO the best team in the league despite record. And they will be on their winning ways starting Sunday night. 35-28 Rodgers exploits Bradie James and Kareem Jackson looks like his old self.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Joseph NEEDS to sit out this game. He looked a whole step slower than he used to and it looked like it got worse throughout the game. We cannot afford for his injury to worsen over 1 game. Give Harris a shot to play, Joseph needs to sit.

To me GB is the one team you don't want to play. IMO the best team in the league despite record. And they will be on their winning ways starting Sunday night. 35-28 Rodgers exploits Bradie James and Kareem Jackson looks like his old self.

I think Joseph just had an off game last week. Yeah we can blame the injury, but we have to give Kerley props. He got the best of Joseph yesterday. I hope Joseph forget about that game and move on because his assignment gets harder. Whether or not Jennings plays, he will try to cover either him or Jordy Nelson. Both WR's will have one of the best QB's throwing them the ball, and we all know the Packers like to throw the ball alot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on my phone so I cant post the tweet, but JJ tweeted "Time to take it to another level, we got you Cush." If were an opposing OL id be scared.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't going to go undefeated so we have to lose sometimes

I can see us going 13-3 and still lose this game

Tough game but packers win 27-20

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my head I can hear Antonio Smith having this conversation with Aaron Rodgers:

Rodgers: What have i to fear?

Smith: The Bulls on Parade, its what we call ourselves. NFL mightiest heroes sort of thing.

Rodgers: Yes, Ive meet them

Smith: Ya, it takes us a while to get in traction, ill give you that one, but lets do a head count here: Jonathan Joesph the demi god, Daniel Manning a super solider living legend who kinda lives up to the legend, A man with breath taking anger management issues, a couple of master assassin linebackers, and you somehow managed to tick all of them off

Rodgers: Its all part of the plan

Smith: Not a great plan, when they come and they will come, they will come for you

Rodgers: What have i to fear, i have an army

Smith: We have a Hulk

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Position comparisons
WR-Push

I'm REALLY wondering how you came to this conclusion in regards to the WR units between these two teams. Feel free to share. Very Happy

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Position comparisons
WR-Push

I'm REALLY wondering how you came to this conclusion in regards to the WR units between these two teams. Feel free to share. Very Happy

Hey now ET, we're all entitled to our own opinions. Laughing

On a game note, who returns kicks now thay Trindons out? Martin? Manning? Please god not Posey.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Position comparisons
WR-Push

On a game note, who returns kicks now thay Trindons out? Martin? Manning? Please god not Posey.

Adam Schefter wrote:
Texans announce they have signed WR Andre Davis & WR David Anderson to take over KR&PR duties.

Aww yeah. Cool

But really, I think it'll be Martin.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Position comparisons
WR-Push

Adam Schefter wrote:
Texans announce they have signed WR Andre Davis & WR David Anderson to take over KR&PR duties.

Aww yeah. Cool

But really, I think it'll be Martin.

DA? Again? Seems like when all else fails, he can come to Houston to get a paycheck. We're like his very own Soup Kitchen, except we give him paychecks to be a funny guy.

While I'm at it, Davis? Again!? WTH, we can get these guys, but can't bring in Kevin Bentley or Xavier Adibi to play some SILB?

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Position comparisons
WR-Push

Unfortunately for us our WR corps' hands have turned to stone. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the crowd at Reliant is out of their mind for this game. I don't want Rodgers to be able to hear himself think about how he can't hear.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Position comparisons
WR-Push

Depends on if Jennings plays are not. Last time I heard (could be wrong) he probably won't play. We have the best WR out of the group, but the Packers WR's are deep with Nelson, Driver, Jones and Cobb.
At best I see the comparison a push.

....and wait, did we seriously just sign Davis and Anderson again? When was this? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
I'm on my phone so I cant post the tweet, but JJ tweeted "Time to take it to another level, we got you Cush." If were an opposing OL id be scared.

I had my first Watt nightmare last night. Woke up in a cold sweat after he just bowled over the left side of our line and collapsed on Rodgers for the 3rd time.

I haven't been scared of a Defense like this in a long time. Crying or Very sad

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Position comparisons
WR-Push

Depends on if Jennings plays are not. Last time I heard (could be wrong) he probably won't play. We have the best WR out of the group, but the Packers WR's are deep with Nelson, Driver, Jones and Cobb.
At best I see the comparison a push.

....and wait, did we seriously just sign Davis and Anderson again? When was this? Laughing

until Andre steps up his game im not sure we can assume he is the best WR on the field anymore

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: