Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs Houston Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
We will lost to the ravens and pats and then probably one more and finish 12-4

I think thats pretty OPTIMISTIC, Packers just laid out the blue print for beating us

Have the best QB in the world and have some WRs make some out of this world catches
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
We will lost to the ravens and pats and then probably one more and finish 12-4

I think thats pretty OPTIMISTIC, Packers just laid out the blue print for beating us

honestly, i still think the you guys are a top 3 team...

many of the catches & throws made tonight for the packers had really good coverage on Houston s part... & this is the first time this year we actually came out on the good side of those plays...

its hard for a any team to defend those though, & then be asked to answer them with touchdowns after every drive...

i can promise the packers wont have too many more games where they throttle an opponent like that for the rest of the season, same way i think Houston wont run into a buzzsaw as badly as they did last night either

anyways, hope to see you guys early February
Wink
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game thoughts:

- Welp, there goes 19-0. Realistically speaking, did anyone see us running the table? If you did, you need to give me whatever it is you were drinking. This team was bound to lose some games, and here we go. We're still 5-1, we're still off to the best start in team history...so, there's that much to be optimistic about. Good thing about this is that there are gonna be a lot of bandwagoners getting off at the next stop, which is always welcomed.

- That being said, I doubt we could of asked for a better loss. Team was getting national press as the best in the NFL, team was on national TV, team was against somebody who isn't fighting for seeding in the AFC - if we're gonna lose a game, might as well be this one. In the grand scheme of things, which is AFC seeding and the playoffs, this one is the least damaging one to drop. The nature of the loss also equates to a big slice of humble pie being fed to the team, a slice I think was overdue by a week.

- Now, THAT being said...boy, was this loss bad. This team got exposed on every feasable level. Couldn't defend the run, couldn't defend the pass, couldn't run, couldn't pass, were making stupid mental mistakes up and down the field...it's hard to find something to be excited for, save for some coachspeak on renewed focus and play a better game next week. It's one of those "nowhere to go but up" type of games, and given the expectations of this team, we really weren't expecting that.

- Seems like every time we play a quality QB, we get romped. Since last season, we've only played two "quality" QBs, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Brees focused on Kareem Jackson and completely bludgeoned him, and it looks like Rodgers went up against Jonathan Joseph and bludgeoned him. I don't know what might be wrong with JJoe, but goodness he is not looking good right now. Last two games he was very pedestrian - we were able to dodge a bullet with the Jets, but Jordy Nelson completely undressed Joseph yesterday. A very poor showing, and a sign that SOMETHING isn't right with him.

- On that note - see why I said Packers WR > Texans WRs? Jordy Nelson had a career day in receptions and yards (he's had 3 TDs in a game before, which should hint at him being a pretty damn good WR) James Jones was effective with his 2nd straight 2 TD game, and Randall Cobb was a fly in the ointment, catching short passes and just wiggling his way for extra yards. Compare that to what Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter and Keshawn Martin did, and you can see why I was skeptical at saying that the Texans WRs are anywhere near the Packers WRs.

- JJ Watt being the only force in the front seven is not a sustainable recipie for success, and the "where is he?" act going on with Connor Barwin is getting tiresome. Barwin was supposed to be the breakout player this year, was supposed to build on the 11.5 sack season with a big year in a contract year - but I have an easier time seeing the Texans cheerleaders than I do Barwin at this stage. Guy is playing undisciplined, isn't finishing plays, making dumb penalties, and two pass deflections in two games isn't changing that. Maybe we need to light a fire under the guy and throw Whitney Mercilius out there, because Barwin isn't getting the job done. Only plus side is that his market value is tanking, he should be able to have on the cheap (IF we choose to resign him, that is).

- On a plus side, Keshawn Martin is developing nicely. I like him, a slippery WR who eats up yardage after the catch. With guys like Cobb, Percy Harvin and Wes Welker putting in work, having our own version of that type of player is a nice addition to this team. I see us following the leaders in the league in this respect. This time next year, Martin should be the primary focus in the passing game, and that can work out well for us.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Post game thoughts:

- Welp, there goes 19-0. Realistically speaking, did anyone see us running the table? If you did, you need to give me whatever it is you were drinking. This team was bound to lose some games, and here we go. We're still 5-1, we're still off to the best start in team history...so, there's that much to be optimistic about. Good thing about this is that there are gonna be a lot of bandwagoners getting off at the next stop, which is always welcomed.

- That being said, I doubt we could of asked for a better loss. Team was getting national press as the best in the NFL, team was on national TV, team was against somebody who isn't fighting for seeding in the AFC - if we're gonna lose a game, might as well be this one. In the grand scheme of things, which is AFC seeding and the playoffs, this one is the least damaging one to drop. The nature of the loss also equates to a big slice of humble pie being fed to the team, a slice I think was overdue by a week.

- Now, THAT being said...boy, was this loss bad. This team got exposed on every feasable level. Couldn't defend the run, couldn't defend the pass, couldn't run, couldn't pass, were making stupid mental mistakes up and down the field...it's hard to find something to be excited for, save for some coachspeak on renewed focus and play a better game next week. It's one of those "nowhere to go but up" type of games, and given the expectations of this team, we really weren't expecting that.

- Seems like every time we play a quality QB, we get romped. Since last season, we've only played two "quality" QBs, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Brees focused on Kareem Jackson and completely bludgeoned him, and it looks like Rodgers went up against Jonathan Joseph and bludgeoned him. I don't know what might be wrong with JJoe, but goodness he is not looking good right now. Last two games he was very pedestrian - we were able to dodge a bullet with the Jets, but Jordy Nelson completely undressed Joseph yesterday. A very poor showing, and a sign that SOMETHING isn't right with him.

- On that note - see why I said Packers WR > Texans WRs? Jordy Nelson had a career day in receptions and yards (he's had 3 TDs in a game before, which should hint at him being a pretty damn good WR) James Jones was effective with his 2nd straight 2 TD game, and Randall Cobb was a fly in the ointment, catching short passes and just wiggling his way for extra yards. Compare that to what Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter and Keshawn Martin did, and you can see why I was skeptical at saying that the Texans WRs are anywhere near the Packers WRs.

- JJ Watt being the only force in the front seven is not a sustainable recipie for success, and the "where is he?" act going on with Connor Barwin is getting tiresome. Barwin was supposed to be the breakout player this year, was supposed to build on the 11.5 sack season with a big year in a contract year - but I have an easier time seeing the Texans cheerleaders than I do Barwin at this stage. Guy is playing undisciplined, isn't finishing plays, making dumb penalties, and two pass deflections in two games isn't changing that. Maybe we need to light a fire under the guy and throw Whitney Mercilius out there, because Barwin isn't getting the job done. Only plus side is that his market value is tanking, he should be able to have on the cheap (IF we choose to resign him, that is).

- On a plus side, Keshawn Martin is developing nicely. I like him, a slippery WR who eats up yardage after the catch. With guys like Cobb, Percy Harvin and Wes Welker putting in work, having our own version of that type of player is a nice addition to this team. I see us following the leaders in the league in this respect. This time next year, Martin should be the primary focus in the passing game, and that can work out well for us.

Good assessment

This weeks game against Baltimore will be more telling about who we are and where we are at in the AFC. I would say that we are probably the 3rd best team right now behind the Ravens and Pats, but the Pats are dropping games they should be winning

on the Barwin note, if we end up having a great season, im ok with him not putting up sacks so we can get him cheap
Texantype

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: HUH? Reply with quote

There is a lot of polyanna going around about how much "they needed this wakeup call. "
Pardon this bs because they were so bad they have a long wayto come back from this kick [inappropriate/removed] they got. All the way from "can't turn my head around" Kareem Jackson to a nothing Oline to no pass rush.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good games guys...i don't think most people seen that coming.

too bad about all packers injuries. we're basically down to no defense again.

and i don't think packers exploited any 'weakness' of the texans... we somehow completely negated your run game (wtf?) and it basically forced schaub to make every throw...can't ask a qb to do that. and really...rodgers threw a perfect game. every throw was like, pure money. anyways, see ya in the superbowl! (hopefully anyways!)
Bucks
Badgers
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is I want Jordy Nelson in a Texans uniform next year. He is the perfect replacement for Kevin Walter, and he should not break the bank to sign.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
All I know is I want Jordy Nelson in a Texans uniform next year. He is the perfect replacement for Kevin Walter, and he should not break the bank to sign.

hes still got 2 years on his 4 year deal iirc... you might be thinking of Jennings, him & driver are the only ones not under contract after this year
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post Game Thoughts/Positional Breakdowns

Aaron Rodgers proved why he is the reigning MVP, he was dropping dimes everywhere with pretty solid coverage most of the time(The blown coverages aside).

Like ET said it's just 1 game and no one goes 19-0, will lose again this season, it's not the end of the world.

Kub got out coached by our former leader Dom Capers. There's not secret on how to stop the ZBS, penetrate and force the cut early.

Antonio said after the game, "Will see what kind of team we have next week with the way we respond to adversity." I know Baltimore is severely banged up, but their offense is on the Packers level minus an MVP QB, although Flacco isn't to shabby.

QB - Schaub played well all things considering he rarely got any time to throw. But he does have his limitations and Rodgers clearly showed what an ELITE QB is.

RB - Foster had no holes to run through so you cant really blame him, kinda glad since he'd been getting 30 carries a game.

WR - We finally gave Dre some targets and he come through although it is clear he isnt the same, I dont think he trust his knee. All his routes are rounded off and not crisp which could explain why he doesnt get open as often. Martin showed some promise but like on the deep ball showed he's not a guy who can go up and get it, he's just to small. Where was Jean? We really could of used him.

TE - OD continued his stellar season and Graham and Casey made some catches. They had to stay in an chip a couple times which held them back a little.

OL - Brown was getting abused my Mathews early and contained him better ad the game wore on. Wade Smith is clearly not what he used to be. Meyers had a bad game especially to his standards. Caldwell getting a concussion means the start of the Ben Jones era at RG. And Newton sucks, Harris is better and needs to be starting.

DL - We need a bigger more physical NT, Cody gave up to many yards up the middle, JJ was JJ and probably had his best game of the year, but ELITE QB's don't get rattled and that's what killed us. Antonio wasnt heard from much.

LB - Brooks didnt play terribly and Connor actually made some plays kinda. I think Connor forgot how to sack a QB since it's been a while since he's gotten to one, but the fact he got there was a good sign. Credit to Rodgers he's an athlete. Dobbins and James sucked against the run and neither was asked to cover much.

CB JJoe seemed healthier than last week but still not the same, Alan freaking Ball was spelling him throughout the game!!!! KJax didn't okay to badly he bit on a slugo on 3rd and short where you expect a slant but Rodgers missed the throw. Mccain had his moments like always. All in all I dont think they played horribly cause they were there on most of the catches.

S Probably one of their worst games but I blame the coaching. Mannings penality for hitting the guy was cool with me, his freaking leg was underneath him and he was in a bad position. Quinn covered Finely pretty well.

ST - Horrible, stupid mistakes by Barwin and Posey and gave up a big return in the 3rd when it looked like we were gaining some MO.

Coaching - The whole staff got out coached. The quick throw offense works for us but then Kub likes to throw in a stretch play and it throws us off our rythm and puts us behind the sticks. He should of abandoned the ZBS and ran some iso's and pulls. He ran 1 on the 2nd Arian td run, pulling Jones and Arian walked in.

Wade wasnt much better, but he was dealing with the loss of Cush, the Pack exploited Quinn as our defacto MLB in our dime and we still kept trotting him out there.

Marcciano needs to be fired this offseason, he's been very lackluster for a couple seasons now.

We sucked and we did it on national tv, will see what kind of team we have next sunday.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
buckwild wrote:

hes still got 2 years on his 4 year deal iirc... you might be thinking of Jennings, him & driver are the only ones not under contract after this year

Wasn't Nelson drafted in 2008? So this should be the last year of his rookie contract, right? For some reason I thought he was going to be free after this year.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
driftwood wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Wasn't Nelson drafted in 2008? So this should be the last year of his rookie contract, right? For some reason I thought he was going to be free after this year.

he re-signed at one point. he's not on his rookie deal anymore.

El Ramster on the amazing work
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
buckwild wrote:
driftwood wrote:
buckwild wrote:

Right after the SB victory, if memory serves me correctly.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Green90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
driftwood wrote:
buckwild wrote:

He got a 3 year, 13.3 million dollar extension this past year.
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
buckwild wrote:
driftwood wrote:
buckwild wrote:

correct... in hindsight it was a great deal for the packers, but at the time it was a "front office confidence" deal & its certainly paid off for us. 4 years under 15 mill for a #1, not a bad deal for the pack
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
buckwild wrote:
driftwood wrote:
buckwild wrote:

correct... in hindsight it was a great deal for the packers, but at the time it was a "front office confidence" deal & its certainly paid off for us. 4 years under 15 mill for a #1, not a bad deal for the pack

It's paid off, in spades. Nelson looks like the future of your WR unit, with Jones serving as one of the best #2 WRs in the league, and Randall Cobb getting into the Wes Welker/Percy Harvin slot WR role. Very diverse WR unit, with two guys on the outside who are physical and can make every catch, and a slot guy who is a threat every time he gets the ball.

Since the days of James Lofton, the Packers have always had some productive WRs, year after year: Lofton, Sterling Sharp, Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman, Bill Schroeder, Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings...every time one of the guys dropped off, another one stepped in, had a 1000+/10+ season, and order was restored.

Now that Jennings is "dropping off" so to speak, you have Nelson and Jones to lean on. It's like an assembly line for WRs out there.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: