Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agent Prospects
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: 2013 Free Agent Prospects Reply with quote

Seeing as we are going down in flames early on I decided to take a look at some of the top free agents of '13. Here are my top:

Cliff Avril DE
Duane Brown T
Dwayne Bowe WR
Brent Grimes CB
Jason McCourty CB
Connor Barwin DE (3-4)
Jairus Byrd S
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB
Alan Branch DT
Kenny Phillips S
James Laurinaitis MLB

Feel free to call me stupid but I feel all these guys can make our team better by a large margin.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expecting majority of these players to actually be free-agents usually the stupidest thing about these threads.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Expecting majority of these players to actually be free-agents usually the stupidest thing about these threads.

I agree most of these guys will be resigned. But every year there are players that don't that you think will. Any of these can help us and are better than what we have.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could sign 3 names off that list and still not have enough talent to be a .500 ball team.

The name I think get away is Bowe. Laurinaitis signed a contract extension already, so take him off the list.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

It doesn't necessarily mean he expects them to walk. Theres nothing wrong with making a wish list of the guys who's contracts will be up at season's end.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
We could sign 3 names off that list and still not have enough talent to be a .500 ball team.

The name I think get away is Bowe. Laurinaitis signed a contract extension already, so take him off the list.

Yeah but they would also be three less guys we would have to target in the draft.

I didn't know he resigned. Dang I always felt he'd be good in silver and back. Chris long too.
macklemore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

building through FA never works.. overpaying for medicore talent is what got us in cap trouble in the first place.

this aint madden don't get your hopes up.

plus I don't see one name on that list that I would want on our team.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
building through FA never works.. overpaying for medicore talent is what got us in cap trouble in the first place.

this aint madden don't get your hopes up.

plus I don't see one name on that list that I would want on our team.

I agree we should not build through free agency alone. You need to be able to get veteran guys that can play.

I also feel that the guys in charge won't overpay for mediocre talent. Just look at the cuts in the last offseason.

But bottom line is we are sucking at talent right now and they need to be replaced. The draft isn't the only place that gets done.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:

In fairness there is a big difference between building through FA, and signing someone like Javon Walker to a $50M contract. I doubt we go after any big name players in FA, mainly because of the cap situation. I have a feeling we can look forward to another offseason of signing 1 year stop gaps at certain positions- much like the CBs we signed this year. Anyone who is worth keeping around longer will cost too much for us.

La_Vader wrote:
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
But bottom line is we are sucking at talent right now and they need to be replaced. The draft isn't the only place that gets done.

+1

If we rely strictly on the draft to fill our needs at QB, G, T, DE, DT, LB, both CB spots, and maybe even more, then we are looking at a 3-4 year process assuming each of those picks pans out and/or exceeds expectations. I don't see Reggie paying a lot for average players, but the reality is we are going to have to sign some of those types next year too because we simply have too many needs.

La_Vader wrote:
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Raidin wrote:

It doesn't necessarily mean he expects them to walk. Theres nothing wrong with making a wish list of the guys who's contracts will be up at season's end.

I agree but most of these become like fantasy threads.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avril could leave given how poorly Detroit is playing but he'll as for more than he's worth.

Barwin is a guy I really like. He made Super Mario expendable. Don't see him not returning though.

Byrd seems like guy we could sign off the list.

Phillips is injury prone.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

+1

If we rely strictly on the draft to fill our needs at QB, G, T, DE, DT, LB, both CB spots, and maybe even more, then we are looking at a 3-4 year process assuming each of those picks pans out and/or exceeds expectations. I don't see Reggie paying a lot for average players, but the reality is we are going to have to sign some of those types next year too because we simply have too many needs.

We just won't adress all our needs next offseason. We'll be a team with obvious weaknesses for the next few years unless we get really lucky with the bargain shopping in FA. In addition to the holes we currently have, we're gonna be getting rid of more past their prime starters creating more needs.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

+1

We just won't adress all our needs next offseason. We'll be a team with obvious weaknesses for the next few years unless we get really lucky with the bargain shopping in FA. In addition to the holes we currently have, we're gonna be getting rid of more past their prime starters creating more needs.

Yea, theres no way we fill all our needs in one season, not with all the problems we have. I still think we will see some middle of the road-type FA signings this offseason though, and if not we will see the same mediocre-at best players resigned and starting. Both starting CBs will be FA's, and even if we draft one that still leaves the other side open. Barnes and Carlisle are going to be FAs next year, they'll either be resigned, or an average (at best, most likely) vet will be signed to replace them. Either way we have the same crappy players, or we sign some stop gaps, which won't be much better than who we have now. Even if we nail every pick in the draft, were in for a few years of dealing with players of this caliber.

La_Vader wrote:
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Raidin wrote:

I agree but most of these become like fantasy threads.

Like your fantasy of Rolando McClain being a good player, right?

From the list, I could see Avril, Byrd, and Phillips being available.

Anybody have the list OL and DL impending free agents?

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: