Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT WEEK SIX - DALLAS (2-2) @ BALTIMORE (4-1)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: GDT WEEK SIX - DALLAS (2-2) @ BALTIMORE (4-1) Reply with quote

Link: /85438892934354

Sunday, October 14th, 2012 - 1:00 PM EST

"Revenge is a dish best served cold"

"Paybacks are a biatch"

It's time to enact revenge for the debauchery that was the last home game at Texas Stadium.

If the Cowboys want to win, the craptackular Mackenzy Bernadeuce is going to have to be on his a-game as the Ravens have one of the best defenses in the league. Lanes will need to be opened for DeMarco Murray to run through. The defense should be aided with the return of Anthony Spencer and Jay Ratliff.

Above all else, guys must execute the game plan if we want to have any hope of winning. If the ball hits you in the hands, CATCH IT!

^^^mack

Last edited by Desperado82 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegas odds are +3.5.... with 3 points for homefield advantage, that means they think the Ravens only have a .5 point advantage.

Will the offensive line block?
Will Dez Bryant, Kevin Ogletree, and Jason Witten catch the balls thrown to them?
Is it Miles Austin's turn to cause a turnover or kill a huge drive?
Will Jay Ratliff make a big difference?

Make or break game? I think so. Then again, I think every game is make or break so that's not really saying much.
acowboys62

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win in a gritty, gutsy performance by the team. Only to let down next week.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't tough enough to hang around with the Ravens. Its not going to be an environment that we are going to enjoy. I'm predicting a huge Baltimore win

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try and be positive but I have no idea which team is giong to show.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
We aren't tough enough to hang around with the Ravens. Its not going to be an environment that we are going to enjoy. I'm predicting a huge Baltimore win

Maybe if the Ravens had Terrell Suggs, Baltimore at home would win big but since they don't I can see it being closer then what it would be. Terrell Suggs out really hurts their pass rush and I can see Romo making big plays if the OL plays up to average this game.

Since I stay in Baltimore I'm contemplating on whether I should go to the game or not... But lowest price I seen for a ticket is $250. That's ridiculous

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My expectations this week are very low (for the next 5 weeks really). The ravens are better in all 3 phases of the game. I think the best the boys can hope for is keeping the game close and giving themselves a chance late.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
acowboys62

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Maybe if the Ravens had Terrell Suggs, Baltimore at home would win big but since they don't I can see it being closer then what it would be. Terrell Suggs out really hurts their pass rush and I can see Romo making big plays if the OL plays up to average this game.

Since I stay in Baltimore I'm contemplating on whether I should go to the game or not... But lowest price I seen for a ticket is $250. That's ridiculous

Wow, that Dallas at NYG territory.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will get destroyed

Sig courtesy of mack.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say hi to ceejay for us Eagles fans.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
acowboys62

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the kind of game we seem to win, the game when we are absolutely not supposed to. Which we tend to follow up with a stinker.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acowboys62 wrote:
This is the kind of game we seem to win, the game when we are absolutely not supposed to. Which we tend to follow up with a stinker.

Historically, we do well after the bye.

Their DL against our OL is such a mismatch though.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
acowboys62

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
acowboys62 wrote:

Historically, we do well after the bye.

Their DL against our OL is such a mismatch though.

Agreed, I am worried Ngata may kill Romo. I think we can give their run game some problems and hopefully force Flacco to pass.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While their defense is still very solid, it is not the dominant force as in years past. The best unit on that team is the DL. As with every week, if Romo gets time, he can pick apart the secondary I believe. When we run the ball, it needs to be out of a single back formation. This is where we have the most success. Also, Webb is their best corner and he plays in the slot in 3-WR sets (I think), so we should try to take advantage of this by making him cover Ogletree and having Dez and Miles on the outsides against the 2nd and 3rd corners.

Defensively, stopping Ray Rice is going to be key in both the running game AND him coming out of the backfield to catch the ball. I have faith that Carter and Lee will be able to keep him in check in the passing game. We will have to find some way to get a pass rush. This is the best Oline we have faced yet and if we can't get pressure, we will get mauled. Getting Spencer and Ratliff back will help immensly.

As far as their WRs go, slap Carr on Bolden all day long and have Claiborne on Smith while trying to give him constant help over the top. Carr can handle Bolden's physical style better than Claiborne I think. I believe Smith and Flacco have attempted to connect deep more than anyone else in football so we need to give constant help to Mo on Smith.

As acoowboys62 said and as I predicted last week, we will win this game, mostly because no one expects us to.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how to spin this one. Better judgement tells me we get trounced! No Oline, No running Game, WR can'y catch a cold, DB's have Z-E-R-O INT's (Nice investment there J.J.), QB is rverting back to desperation play.............................

Hmmmmmm, Oh Yeah! Ratliff is back. What was I thinking? We will be fine................... NOT! Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 1 of 51

Jump to: