Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Front Office AND Coaching Critiques here.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
How does everyone feel about Charlie Weiss? With Romeo Crennel as the DC if he gets the boot in KC?

I would disown the Jets.

Both are failed Belichick protege's. Belichicks coaching tree is abysmal.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
How does everyone feel about Charlie Weiss? With Romeo Crennel as the DC if he gets the boot in KC?
Maybe to Charlie. But I just don't see why play calling is a problem right now. Crennel is nothing like Rex at all in terms or scheme. Not sure why you would bring that up, lol.

Because I think we might actually need to go the route of an offensive minded HC for once (which I am normally against) but its seems to be working everywhere else. I just figured Weis is organized and efficient and would coach up a new young QB. Crennel and him have a good working relationship and Crennel is a great DC. I just want our defense to still be a major priority. Crennel runs more of a base 3-4. Im honestly tired of Rexs defense, which hasn't produced a real pass rush ever.
That's a pretty poor way to judge Rex's defense...it produces results, which is all we need. We've been top 5 every year without a pass rusher...I think that says enough about Rex's scheme than anything. It's not like we're stacked on defense of anything...evident by Revis' injury and our defenses fall from grace.

You can argue that Crennel would do a better job with this cast of characters, but I beg to differ...who's to say he'd use Revis & Cromartie as well as Rex does?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

I would throw up, and I am solidly against the current coaching staff.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't want Rex fired. I think he should get another year. I just think that whoever the GM is next year, doesn't listen as much to Rex, and hopefully he doesn't listen to Woody at all.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Honestly, I don't want Rex fired. I think he should get another year. I just think that whoever the GM is next year, doesn't listen as much to Rex, and hopefully he doesn't listen to Woody at all.

I agree. Rex overestimates his teams ability. They need someone that can honestly evaluate the team and patch up some of our holes. We also need someone to draft an OLB in the first or second round.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:

New GM likely means new HC. I think they either both stay or both go.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

New GM likely means new HC. I think they either both stay or both go.
I wouldn't be too sure of that. I wouldn't be shocked to see Tanny go and Rex stay. I feel like Rex & Sanchez are attached at the hip. Once one of them goes, the other does too.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how much winning does for the perception of your team. Let's take a look for a second at how the past three drafts are panning out right now.

Kyle Wilson - Starting NB, right now starting CB
Vlad Ducasse - Rotating at LG, will probably become starter soon
Joe McKnight - Starting KR, scat RB
John Conner - Starting FB, injured currently, but not very good anyway IMO

Muhammed Wilkerson - Starting DE/DT
Kenrick Ellis - Backup NT, key sub
Bilal Powell - 3rd down RB
Jeremy Kerley - Slot receiver, right now 2nd WR, arguably best WR on roster

Quinton Coples - Starting DE now, 1.5 (really 2.5) sacks in his first really major game.
Stephen Hill - Starting WR, 3 TD's as a rookie
Demario Davis - Subbing in more at LB, taking a larger role
Josh Bush - Backup S, saw him a lot in sub packages today
Antonio Allen - Backup S, first sack today, also saw field a lot today

Maybe these drafts aren't as bad as we previously thought. They may not be great, but we've gotten 2-4 starters each year.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
It's funny how much winning does for the perception of your team. Let's take a look for a second at how the past three drafts are panning out right now.

Quinton Coples - Starting DE now, 1.5 (really 2.5) sacks in his first really major game.

Maybe these drafts aren't as bad as we previously thought. They may not be great, but we've gotten 2-4 starters each year.

You left out Greg McElroy, who could be a long-term #2 QB.

I'm really excited about our future DL. We just need to surround them with some good OLBs.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

Charlie Weiss and his fupa can stay far away from NY.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

Here's the thing the biggest pick...Sanchez is not on the level of the top QB's in the NFL and you're not winning a SB without a top notch passer and pass rusher

This is a new NFL and we haven't adjusted, we wont get a new QB in 2013 and in 2014/2015 who knows

Not to mention we constantly play the older guys over our young guys instead of mixing it up

the #1 defense in the NFL Seattle is playing their youth and mixing the veterans in and that speed and hunger is driving them through games

Coples/Wilkerson/Ellis/Davis/Maybin/McIntyre/Wilson/Sapp/Bush/Allen all have talent mixed in with Pouha/DeVito/Harris/Scott/Pace/Thomas/Revis/Cromartie/Berry/Landry/Bell you cant go wrong mixing it up constantly but we dont do that enough to warrant success

The offense is a whole nother mess

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
xenajets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to take more than 1 game to say that the past 3-4 years worth of draft picks are good. They are not IMO good enough, i like the potential of both Wilk and Coples but we haven't drafted a real play-maker on either side of the ball since 2008 and Dustin Keller. Either way that draft will be remembered for VG so cant say 2008 was a good draft either. Guys like Hill,McKnight, Kerely certainly have potential so we will see where the future goes.

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
kilahchris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think Tannenbaum is the problem with the NY Jets. This guy is responsible for bringing in talent like Darelle Revis, Leon Washington, Dustin Keller, Nick Mangold.

The guy has brought extraordinary talent that has produced and have taking us to the Championship games in 09 and 10.

Rex Ryan also brought in a Winning culture.

I honestly believe and will continue to believe that the majority of our problems lie with Mark Sanchez. Mark has not lived up to what we expected when we drafted him as the 5th overall pick. Matt Ryan, I believe was also a 5th overall pick and look how he is performing. Aaron Rodgers fell all the way to packers at 22nd pick. Look what he has done.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

No, these drafts are still pretty bad. Especially that 2010 one. We drafted guys at positions we already had filled with larger pressing needs. You cannot honestly tell me we received the best possible value in the first round of the last three years considering our needs. You absolutely cannot. Not with our consistently mediocre to damn near-awful offense.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
No, these drafts are still pretty bad. Especially that 2010 one. We drafted guys at positions we already had filled with larger pressing needs. You cannot honestly tell me we received the best possible value in the first round of the last three years considering our needs. You absolutely cannot. Not with our consistently mediocre to damn near-awful offense.

I wouldn't call it bad, but it's certainly not good. Average is the best way to describe them. I know it's hard to look back and say who the Jets should/shouldn't have taken, but that 2010 draft really wasn't good. I like Ducasse as I do Wilson, but they are taking VERY long to develop. I still believe Wilson will not fulfill his potential until he's moved to safety or plays in a Cover 2 defense.

As for 2011, I don't think there is much to be upset with. Kerley was a great take in the 5th round, Wilkerson is only in year 2 and is our best defensive lineman for a late 1st round pick, Kenrick Ellis is still developing but I still have a lot of confidence in him, and Bilal Powell is far from a reject 4th round pick.

My huge issue has to be with the way business was handled when trying to acquire talent on the offensive side of the ball. After the Jets drafted Sanchez, they pushed hard to trade up and draft Percy Harvin. They were reluctant to give up their 2010 1st (Kyle Wilson), but looking back on it that would've changed the way our offense has run over the past few years. That same offseason the Jets tried trading for Michael Crabtree during his holdout, which probably would've cost our 2010 1st, but the 49ers never came close to agreeing.

They had the right idea, just couldn't land them. They opted to trade their 3rd, 5th, and players for Braylon Edwards which appeared to work out, but only lasted 2 years.

A year later they traded for Santonio Holmes. He had a great year in 2010, but the Jets biggest mistake was giving him a guaranteed contract. Good player, but he checked out after that point. Though I don't want to make any guarantees, I think Sanchez will be a little more at ease without having to deal with Santonio all the time, and if he does end this season on a good note it's going to make things interesting.

What the Jets need to do is bolster the offense. I don't care how efficient we are as the year goes on, but this Jet team desperately lacks playmakers. Stephen Hill is a step, but I'd like to see the Jets add a dynamic RB (no, one great Shonn Greene game doesn't change my mind), some athletic/fast wide receivers, and a big TE if Keller is let go. At this point I hope the rest of the season can go semi-smooth... playoffs would be great but if we can go 8-8 and continue to build I wouldn't call it a lost season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: